HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:30 PM
Z24
Tamiya For A Me A
Canada, ON, Strathroy
Joined Feb 2010
286 Posts
KB
I see one servo, and a linkage from another.
Z24 is offline Find More Posts by Z24
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:31 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I only see the rear servo stuck into the side, with its arm going to the rear of the swash...
I don't see any trace of front servos, only the ball-links, and those could/would be fixed in what we're speculating it "is".

CrippleCopter!

EDIT:

And how, the Double Horse 9100 helicopter has a super-small diameter swashplate, and a large-diameter rotor disk ball base, as you see here. This means uber-gentle response, and sluggish danger reaction ability.
The Hot-Dog thing to do here is swap in a larger swash.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:34 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
I only see the rear servo stuck into the side, with its arm going to the rear of the swash...
I don't see any trace of front servos.
Maybe the front servo is hidden by the canopy if it has one. Too bad XHeli didn't show a photo of the air frame minus canopy like they did for other models in the past.

Ed
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:35 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Xheli website flub, here is the new Double Horse 3 channel coaxial, the model number is very close to the FP one:

http://www.xheli.com/9101-heli-black.html
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:36 PM
Z24
Tamiya For A Me A
Canada, ON, Strathroy
Joined Feb 2010
286 Posts

In this pic of the head, see the red wire, the linkage thats right near the wire is a servo linkage.
Z24 is offline Find More Posts by Z24
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:36 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Just struck me as interesting who was talking, that's all.

Water under the bridge.

I think this is a four-channel CP airframe dummy-down to 3 channel OP.
It is just that I figured that it would get more attention in that forum, guess my comments don`t count. Would have been nice for the single rotor forums to get a heads up.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:37 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
That #9101 is an entirely different model.

EDIT:

The double Horse 9100 is an actual model, and it's found elsewhere.
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:39 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
I noticed that the description on that page also calls it a "3 channel" but there's that extra linkage. What gives?

Ed

Quote:
That is an entirely different model.
The double Horse 9100 is an actual model, and it's found elsewhere.

Proof.

It's a real model- here it is a Ally-Blah-Blah.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:42 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
It appears to be pretty well engineered and is a logical progression in product development. Many of us have been saying the self-stabilizing single rotor helis are replacing the coaxes, for some time. However, I fail to see why this would be a source of great excitement for the 3 channel fans. It will have the same complexity, durability and reliability issues as any existing 4 channel heli. It will handle like any other self-stabilizing FP heli with a 45° offset trailing flybar and Bell linkage. The "wild" performance (it can move faster than walking speed and can bank) and possibility of breakage is what turns off most 3 channel fans.

What defines success in this category is parts availability and how good the motors are. Gear driven tails are already obsolete.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:42 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
It's obviously got fake front ball-links, folks.

It's a HobbleCopter.

EDIT:

The Double Horse 9100.
The "NEWS" here, is it's a "Hobby Grade" airframe from a cheapie maker, Double Horse, makers of the only recently "good" 9074 helicopters, apparently.
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:48 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
I think this is a 3-channel, disguised as something else. I'm not seeing servos anywhere, and there may be only one inside the thing.

Looking for more pics...
If it doesn't have a servo attached to the front link, how do you suppose it moves forward and back?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:55 PM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
It got to be 4ch. The tail is vertical and it's single rotor.
Ceros007 is offline Find More Posts by Ceros007
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:57 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Well one fact remains, there are two linkages on the swash. Can't see why DH wouldn't go all the way, and design this as a 4 channel FP. They model is so new that there's no reviews on it.

Ed
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:59 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
There IS one servo in the back, it raises/lowers the back of the swash only, giving it fore/aft.
If you look close at all the pics, you see a dummy ball-link on each side of the front of the swash.

EDIT:

The Double Horse 9100 has a fairly decent sized motor, and with some weight reduction and gingerly flying, could last somebody quite a while.
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:09 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
It has a 4 channel TX... look at the trim tabs on the left stick.