HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:12 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Just so that you all know, I've been trying to get in touch with XHeli for the past 5-6 minutes, but I get a busy signal, and their "chat line" isn't available at this moment. They must be super busy. Anyway, I wanted to see if I could speak to tech support to verify whether or not this is really a 3 or 4 channel heli. I'll keep trying throughout the afternoon or even early evening.

Ed
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:24 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
This post is temporarily hidden while killbucket edits it.

The Double Horse 9100 ad copy says "CF Texture" everywhere...truth is, the outer box looks better than the copter's parts.

Hot Set-up: Laminate the box panels with epoxy, cut lightweight side-plates from them!
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
A Solo Pro is hardly fast, but is a pretty nice package for the money. The fact that you can get spare parts is a big plus.
It sure the heck is fast when your comparing it to any three channel on the market and many 4 channel coax heli's as well.
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:28 PM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
Where did their banners go? I'm not seeing their ads anymore.
Why advertise when you have nothing in stock to sell and about to go out of business
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:45 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
I Talked To XHeli

I just talked to one of XHeli's sales reps. She told me that the Double Horse 9100 and the the other new coaxial heli (9101?), were not even in stock yet. They had only one of each that were sent as samples to them.

She also confirmed to me that the 9100 is a 3 channel. There is no ETA for when they'll get the regular stock in for these models.

I still think that single rotor 9100 is pretty cool for a 3 channel, and probably wouldn't mind adding it to my hangar when it's available. By then, there should be some feedback (reviews, YouTube videos, etc.) from folks who own them.

So there you have it folks.

Ed
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:08 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
That's the rear servo that controls the elevator.
After looking closer, it looks like the black box on the right side is the servo for the for/aft link. Looks like a shaft goes horizontally across the body to the left side where the actuator arm is seen in this photo.

Isn't the "elevator" on this heli just like any other 3-channel ... more engine RPM - up, less RPM = down (?).
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:12 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
I just talked to one of XHeli's sales reps. She told me that the Double Horse 9100 and the the other new coaxial heli (9101?), were not even in stock yet. They had only one of each that were sent as samples to them.

Ed
That's strange, because yesterday there was a "Add to Cart" button showing. No wonder they "sold out" in 12 hrs. LOL.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:13 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Well, what did I say was going on?

EDIT:

The Double Horse 9100 rear rotor drive.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:17 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Melt down in progress ... LOL.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:21 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Isn't the "elevator" on this heli just like any other 3-channel ... more engine RPM - up, less RPM = down (?).
I know it sounds counter intuitive but "elevator" on a heli is what controls forward, and backward travel. Throttle corresponds to the function of up and down travel.

Ed
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:24 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
I know it sounds counter intuitive but "elevator" on a heli is what controls forward, and backward travel. Throttle corresponds to the function of up and down travel.

Ed
LOL ... last I checked, "elevators" went up/down ... not for/aft. Screwy 'copter guys.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:33 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
From the other (original) DH 9100 thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=11
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:34 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
How can you miss something you've never had?

Edit:

Here's a challenge for you. Get a 4 channel helicopter. Fly it for a few months, then quit flying the 4 channel and switch off to a 3 channel again. Then come back and tell us how you don't miss having aileron.
+1....
They really aren't THAT hard....
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:38 PM
Joined Dec 2010
12 Posts
Not True. There's no servo attached to that "linkage". It goes straight to the frame. It is only a pivot point.

JJ
hobienut is offline Find More Posts by hobienut
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:40 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Wrong. Gyroscopic precession places it behind the head, hence it's a trailing flybar. A leading flybar influences movement and has paddles, a trailing flybar can't influence movement because it is too late, so it has weights. It is used to damp movement, since it's always one step behind. A coax wants to level out because the long vertical center of gravity and low battery position makes a natural pendulum effect.
45* in front of the leading edge. It is not trailing. If it were trailing then the flybar would be adding pitch to the rear most blade....

Or that's what my logic says, and I am in my 2nd year of my degree (aeronautical engineering, minor in mechanical)..... sooo I'm in no way a heli engineer. But analyzing it, that seems to be the logical answer....
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14