Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:12 PM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
Discussion
Complete IMU based Autopilot system for hobby UAV direct from China

This is very cool: http://forum.feiyu-tech.com/index.ph...e67b5d6bfd2a75

Complete ready to install, well supported IMU based autopilot systems for Hobby, Science, or ? Anyone in the USA, Europe etc can order them up and get one.

Are vendors here in the USA allowed to post on Chinese forums our products and make them available in the Chinese markets? Seems unfair they can sell a product here we can't offer there.
bmw330i is offline Find More Posts by bmw330i
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:22 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw330i View Post
This is very cool: http://forum.feiyu-tech.com/index.ph...e67b5d6bfd2a75

Complete ready to install, well supported IMU based autopilot systems for Hobby, Science, or ? Anyone in the USA, Europe etc can order them up and get one.

Are vendors here in the USA allowed to post on Chinese forums our products and make them available in the Chinese markets? Seems unfair they can sell a product here we can't offer there.
LOL, Have you been in a cave??
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:39 PM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
Rhetorical questions

... well, no, but I feel like I may as well start digging one to live in soon.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:54 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
... well, no, but I feel like I may as well start digging one to live in soon.
LOL ya it could get scary. Its now so easy you do not even need to have real training. I like the way our systems work. Makes you "think" a bit more.

Anyhow they have been pushing the flight stabilization side of this over in the FPV section for some time. Looks like now they have painted black with lead paint and are now selling an AHRS with lead based powder coating.....
Old Dec 20, 2010, 11:06 PM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
Hoping for a chance

Just be clear, I'm happy for them. In a fair competition sort of way. They have the right to make a living and better themselves.

I just want that same right available to the good vendors here in the USA who may feel their products could compete in a fair and open market. Unfortunately I am pretty sure vendors here are forbidden still to sell the same things there that are being openly advertised for sale here by them.

Best way to compete here is to allow us to sell there not restrict us and allow them free access to not only their market but ours also right? Let the better product collect the business. I mean their money is just as green as ours right?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:04 AM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Just be clear, I'm happy for them. In a fair competition sort of way. They have the right to make a living and better themselves.

I just want that same right available to the good vendors here in the USA who may feel their products could compete in a fair and open market. Unfortunately I am pretty sure vendors here are forbidden still to sell the same things there that are being openly advertised for sale here by them.

Best way to compete here is to allow us to sell there not restrict us and allow them free access to not only their market but ours also right? Let the better product collect the business. I mean their money is just as green as ours right?
I agree. Unfortunately our laws restrict us due to export. I was not trying to be unfair. We all know they are not allowed to sell such items. Just being funny although many may not find the humor......

Anyhow Its shown to be good for the FPV guys and the flight videos of autonomous flight showed to work. They should have no problem selling a boat load. I belive the cost is in the $1300 range but that may have changed.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:28 PM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmcn_3 View Post
I agree. Unfortunately our laws restrict us due to export. I was not trying to be unfair. We all know they are not allowed to sell such items. Just being funny although many may not find the humor......

Anyhow Its shown to be good for the FPV guys and the flight videos of autonomous flight showed to work. They should have no problem selling a boat load. I belive the cost is in the $1300 range but that may have changed.
Your humor was not lost on me.

This is a pretty widely read thread. Hopefully someone who knows someone may follow it and spread the word.

We are no less secure if the Chinese were flying AttoPilots in their less restrictive airspace. Maybe they are (less regulation means more chances of an accident)...but not US. I seriously doubt the Chinese Military needs an AttoPilot given another thread showing what they have for sale now is well past that.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:22 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Your humor was not lost on me.

This is a pretty widely read thread. Hopefully someone who knows someone may follow it and spread the word.

We are no less secure if the Chinese were flying AttoPilots in their less restrictive airspace. Maybe they are (less regulation means more chances of an accident)...but not US. I seriously doubt the Chinese Military needs an AttoPilot given another thread showing what they have for sale now is well past that.
You are dead on there. Some of the stuff we have seen would rival CloudCaps best. We by no means feel we are superior. For some reason our Govt. does......

Can you point us to this other thread?
Last edited by airmcn_3; Dec 21, 2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:22 AM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
This one comes to mind: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340874
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:26 AM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Cool.

The flight speeds that flys at are above any of the off the shelf autopilots I know of on the market.

They are by no means "behind", if anything they are "ahead"