SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SOS-TopGunsBro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:11 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2009
112 Posts
Discussion
Mark Rebeck's brother looking for his planes Savage / SOS

Hello All,

This is a follow up posting to my original post from August 18th. I have now been involved with the hobby of RC Flying for about 5 months. I must say that I am having more fun now than ever before. It seems to become more enjoyable every day. I have had the pleasure of getting to know many wonderful people involved with this hobby and am meeting new enthusiasts all of the time. I am so very impressed with the quality of people involved in the local and extended flying community and feel privileged to have become a part of it. Thank you to all who have been so welcoming and helpful.

I have been flying all types of planes including electrics, micros, and gliders. I must say that while I find all types of flying enjoyable, it is Slope Gliders that I find the most rewarding. This is why it is more important to me than ever to get a hold of one of my Brother Mark Rebeck’s Savage and/or SOS gliders. I have been fortunate to obtain several un-bulilt kits but plan to keep them that way as mementos for my family. I would love to hear from anyone that has any un-built kits for sale but it is Built airplanes that I am most interested in, especially any that were built by my brother. Please contact me via “PM” or e-mail if you have one for sale or can point me in the direction of someone that has one for sale. Thank you all in advance for all of your help!!!

Happy Holidays,

Craig
SOS-TopGunsBro is offline Find More Posts by SOS-TopGunsBro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:22 PM
BillyG
United States, CA, Sausalito
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
Savage

Hi There;

I was pricing some kits i was placing on Ebay and saw you post here. I have had in my storage for years a Savage kit that came from Charlie Richardson and Mark..

It's all there and the box is a little funky, but it's an un-built Savage Kit as they sold them back then. I can't tell you if it was at a Long Beach IMS Show or Maybe in Downtown Pasadena when they were there, but I did buy the kit from them..

Bill Gargan
Sausalito, Ca. 94965
BillyG69 is offline Find More Posts by BillyG69
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:44 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2009
112 Posts
Hey Bill,

Thank you for reaching out. I just sent you a PM.

Thanx - Craig
Old Dec 18, 2013, 02:35 PM
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Feb 2010
5 Posts
NexStar EP New In Box

I would llike to buy your NexStar, Not to sure on how to use RC Univers, even though I have been a member for some time now. I don't know how to get your email address, or how I can communicate with you other that this comment link to your ad..........Sonny2
sonny2 is offline Find More Posts by sonny2
Old Dec 18, 2013, 02:41 PM
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Feb 2010
5 Posts
NexStar EP New In Box

I would llike to buy your NexStar, Not to sure on how to use RC Univers, even though I have been a member for some time now. I don't know how to get your email address, or how I can communicate with you other that this comment link to your ad..........Sonny2
sonny2 is offline Find More Posts by sonny2
Old Dec 18, 2013, 03:50 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2009
112 Posts
Hello, I do not have a Nexstar for sale. The one I had for sale in the past was sold on 6/13/2011. Thank you
Old Apr 28, 2014, 04:05 PM
Joined Jan 2007
2 Posts
Mark Rebeck, King of the slopes.

Hi Craig, Never met you, I don't think. But I saw some videos on youtube of your brothers planes, I posted a comment on one of them and the video poster kindly suggested I send it to you directly. Also I want to offer my condolences to you and his family on his passing. The world is a little less now. You are certainly doing a fine job in keeping his memories alive and its a fitting tribute to him that his little brother has taken to the pursuit that Mark was so gifted in. I don't fly any more myself as I have other things keeping me too busy in my life, but hope someday to hit the slopes again. Will certainly miss Mark and his "cavalier" approach to life and flying. Duck! (kidding he never hit anybody flying, unless he meant to!).
Sincerely Gary Bate

As posted on Youtube:

capodad2u1 month ago

Wow, Mark Rebeck. Sure got some great memories of flying with him and his Savage usually at Salt Creek before the Ritz was built, or on a good south wind at the Chart house in Dana Point. The best flyer I ever saw. When Mark was flying we knew we were in for an entertaining afternoon in the sky and on the ground. Please tell Craig his brother was well remembered.
capodad is offline Find More Posts by capodad
Old Apr 28, 2014, 04:27 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2009
112 Posts
Hi Gary,

Thank you for reaching out and for the kind words. I have been in the hobby for almost 4 years now and have heard so many stories similar to yours. I was not involved in RC Flying when my brother was alive and got into it by complete accident. In the beginning sailplanes were my favorite and they remain my favorite to this day. My biggest dream would be to hit the slopes for just one day with my brother. If you ever get back into flying look me up and maybe we could meet up.

Craig
Old May 30, 2014, 03:57 AM
Team JR
San Diego
Joined Feb 2002
1,920 Posts
I must have built 10 Savage and Son of Savage of various sizes over the years. I wish I could still get them to be honest.
Doug Cronkhite is online now Find More Posts by Doug Cronkhite