Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by gouda, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 09:10 AM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
1,999 Posts
Discussion
A bit of a update - Merry Christmas!!

I guess I have not had much to say recently. So I guess I better. After being away from the hobby for a year or so, I'm finally becoming active again. Always have a interest, but the actual activity level does wain from time to time. To much others sstuff going on as of late, but it's all becoming manageable again. I love this hobby. I'm sort of cleaning house as of late as well. The larger planes are being replaced by smaller ones. Especially ones that I can pack up safely when we travel since we are doing that quite a lot lately. Didn't really know how many kits, ARF;s etc I had around until I really take inventory.
I like the newest generation of RTF/PNP/BNF models. They seem fairly well made and if you buy them from a good manufacturer/source you can get replacement parts and they stand behind their products. I have a real problem with these Asian based shops that are selling all over the world. Not so much because their products are bad (usually they are not, at least if you are carefull what you buy), but because they don't stand behind anything and either never have stuff in stock or take your money and let you sit for XXX days until their stock is replinished. That's lousy and I will not do it. I can't believe people put up with that. Not to mention the lack of quality, bad ESC's etc they ship without batting a eye. The problem is that we put up with stuff like that. If we demanded better, they would get better. Or, they would cease to do business. I worked with Asian suppliers my entire career. They can and do do better if that's what the customer wants. Quality isn't a issue if you want it. They know how.

Anyway, I can't wait for us to get south and I can start flying... It's going to be fun. Winter never used to stop me from flying, but I'm older and wiser now...
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
to remove ads between posts