HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:56 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,445 Posts
Idea
RealFlight/Phoenix Simulator Flying Lessons

I've always known that this hobby is best when handed from person to person, and these days we have so much more power to do that than we ever had before. One way, which has been proven in awesome fashion by "CaptJac" with his Phoenix Simulator Lessons, is by training people to fly using simulators online. This is such a simple idea, it's no surprise that it works so well. Both RealFlight and Phoenix feature a voice chat function and a text chat function, which is essential for training and works fairly well in my (limited) experience.

However, I am a fairly busy person, as we all seem to be these days. I don't want to do this alone! I know that many experienced pilots out there have Phoenix or RealFlight and would be willing to help beginners get their skids off the ground. So, I propose if you are a teacher, post your information (sim version, time available, etc) and if you're a student, please contact us by posting here and we'll help you out!

I'm available in the evenings certain days more likely on weekends though, Mountain Time, USA. I'm old and I like to get to bed by 11.
I have RealFlight 5.5, 3.5, and Phoenix (3.0 as of today, free download)
I can teach up to basic 3D. I can train for airplanes too, up to 3D.
I use a modified RADD's method for beginners, and progress from there.
My teaching style is very active, and I favor drills and pattern flying which clearly shows your mistakes. I feel that this gives the student the best chance at realistic self-assessment when the instructor isn't available.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Last edited by jasmine2501; Dec 28, 2010 at 04:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2010, 04:21 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,074 Posts
GREAT to have you aboard and flying the RealFlight side!! Let me know how the sign-ups progress and we can coordinate our efforts for new instructors. Do I call you captain Jasmine now? Rhymes pretty good!!

captJac
CaptJac is offline Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2010, 01:03 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,445 Posts
Hehe... I don't know, have to think about that

One thing I'm working on today is creating an airport for RealFlight, which will be based on the "Flight School" airport, but I'm going to lay out cones and boxes and such, so we have a reference for some drills I like to have folks do. With the airport editor, you can hang objects in mid-air, so you can make rings to fly through and such.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 04:00 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,445 Posts
Bumped for the after-holiday crowd...

Isn't there anyone who wants to learn 3D on Phoenix or RealFlight? It is winter time, you know, people...
Old Dec 29, 2010, 01:52 AM
Joined Nov 2010
3 Posts
PM sent jasmine2501.
Scorch95 is offline Find More Posts by Scorch95
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:46 PM
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
I would love the help!!

Have been really wanting to get into this hobby for some time.
I finally received RealFlight 5.5 for Christmas and need lessons!

I am in Eastern Standard time so could train any time in the afternoons...whatever is best for you.
cwkinard is offline Find More Posts by cwkinard