SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 25, 2011, 04:21 PM
United States, VT, Strafford
Joined Jun 2011
11 Posts
Hyperion EOS 1420iNET3

I am considering purchasing this charger and was wondering if anyone can give me any imput on it. also, does anyone know how it can be powered? Or better yet what size PS it needs?
HMS Images is offline Find More Posts by HMS Images
Last edited by HMS Images; Jun 25, 2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: already posted
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2011, 09:16 AM
Joined Jun 2011
3 Posts
From the perspective of a newb this thread does NOT deliver! Instead of a list of links to questions with no answers it would be really useful if there was a list of links to reviews or user comments on specific chargers.
evan the cdn is offline Find More Posts by evan the cdn
Old Jul 10, 2011, 06:29 AM
United States, NC, Harrisburg
Joined Oct 2010
229 Posts
My Hobby King ECO 6-10 (6 cell 10amp) charger gave up the ghost yesterday and I went online and purchased a Hyperion Eos 7201 after a friend at the club said you can't go wrong with Hyperion. High dollar charger but my HK charger hasn't even made it a year and I thought I had bad batteries according to the error messages I kept getting then testing the batteries they were fine.

Also try wattflyer.com, personally I think more active forum, but really kind of just depends on the subject.
RCFlyer43 is offline Find More Posts by RCFlyer43
Old Aug 07, 2011, 10:55 PM
T-28 abuser
United States, NY, New Paltz
Joined May 2009
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan the cdn View Post
from the perspective of a newb this thread does not deliver! Instead of a list of links to questions with no answers it would be really useful if there was a list of links to reviews or user comments on specific chargers.
x2

bigstatik is offline Find More Posts by bigstatik
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:59 PM
Joined Aug 2011
5 Posts
I am looking for a very basic charger for my younger brother and the rc store recommended top expro 2. Anyone had an experience with that type of charger? I have been using imax since I started so I had no idea about the top charger. I am looking to just let him use nigh batteries to avoid the possible danger lipo's post. And for someone who is just looking to do this as a hobby, I think that is more than enough already.
chriss16 is offline Find More Posts by chriss16
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:03 PM
Hobby power expert
中国, 广东省, 深圳
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
very nice, the most common question can by be found.
SimonXi is offline Find More Posts by SimonXi
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:12 PM
it wasn't me.
Joined Jul 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hog Pen View Post
OK...after spending a few days, and countless hours reading, and re-reading all but a few of the threads on this "list of shame"...I have to ask...

How is belittling someone asking for help useful to a noob, and how does it promote the R/C community? How will "Castigating the offenders..." foster a positive learning environment, and enrich a newcomer's R/C experience?

As stated, I read through virtually every one of them, and multiple times. Granted, the responses were generally helpful, with the exception of a few chest-pounding veterans who felt it necessary to stroke their own ego(s) by posting vague replies, implying that they know this, and you should too. However, there are a ton of options out there, and most noobs (like me) don't even know what we don't know...that is, we are so new to this, we don't even know what questions to ask, or what to research.

Being a teacher, I can tell you it is a dangerous thing to have someone trying to learn, yet bottling up questions for fear of embarrassment. It is also very damaging to that learning process to humiliate, or "castigate" someone seeking help, or with valid questions that they don't even have a clue where to begin seeking the answers. On top of that, you are opening the door to a noob making errors, getting frustrated, and leaving the hobby behind, when a little help could have made all the difference.

This is a 'public' forum for R/C enthusiasts, and hobbyists to come together and help each other out. 99% of the R/C pilots I've met are eager to pour their aquired knowledge out to help a newcomer, and will literally stand there for hours on end answer questions, and offering advice. Some folks don't have any other community resources than what can be found online...places like this forum right here. Some people don't have a LHS that they can walk into, and say, "Hey, I'm looking for a charger...I have these planes, and these batteries...what would you recommend, and what all do I need?"

So, you can either help out, or ignore, roll your eyes, lash out, etc., and turn a frustrated newcomer off to a hobby that has its own frustrations.

How you respond to anyone's post for help (or even this post) is up to you.
wholeheartedly agree, this should be a sticky on every forum I have ever been on. Sometimes to say - "search for the answer on google" is longer than to answer the question I posted!
How many times I have read through a post to find that the original poster (OP) has just quit before the problem has been resolved. I try to read the end of a post to see if there is a resolution to the satisfaction of the OP before I read it.
I just bought a charger to reduce my sometimes near 3hrs charging time.
I looked at the sticky for lipoly batteries and its 52 pages long. The first dates back to 2003 if I remember correctly.
So some would say I'm expected to read that.
I have some questions I want to ask but I don't want to ask questions that may have easily found obvious answers.
If its a sticky for "noobs" how come I'm reading stuff like "put the hg in the mtb and multiply it by the tcp and add that to the cpq" - not directly quoted.
Well done Hog Pen and thanks to all those sincere people who help "noobs"
This post was intended to be read in a calm manner
cheers
PS I have read four million words tonight and still have no answer to my original question. I am 100% sure that it has been asked before though
foxache is offline Find More Posts by foxache
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:05 PM
USA, NY, Shirley
Joined Sep 2007
663 Posts
I just stopped charging them and just buy new ones every time. I usually try to make posts on Youtube with the old ones.
paulski is offline Find More Posts by paulski
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:20 PM
Jersey City,NJ
Joined Feb 2008
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss16 View Post
I am looking for a very basic charger for my younger brother and the rc store recommended top expro 2. Anyone had an experience with that type of charger? I have been using imax since I started so I had no idea about the top charger. I am looking to just let him use nigh batteries to avoid the possible danger lipo's post. And for someone who is just looking to do this as a hobby, I think that is more than enough already.
Um isn't this just a "Hobby" for everyone on here???
sodbuster 1 is offline Find More Posts by sodbuster 1
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:29 PM
Jersey City,NJ
Joined Feb 2008
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7x70 View Post
Really like the way this one is looking. What do you all think? I have the Great Planes Lipoly 4 Charger currently.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16374
If you're considering that one take a look at this one for around $10 or $20 more.
My friend has one and I also just ordered one after seeing his.
It is basically the Accucel 6 charger times 4.
The nice thing about this one is that the charge and balance ports are on either side of the charger (2 per side) making it a little easier to physically
arrange 4 packs at a time. The one you're looking at has all the ports on one side.Makes for a bit of a challenge getting them all to not be a mess.'Specially if you're using Lipo sacks for charging.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

the one drawback I'm not so sure I really care abnout is that the fans run continuously.
sodbuster 1 is offline Find More Posts by sodbuster 1
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:06 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
The number of posts asking this "What Charger Should I buy" is not surprizing. This hobby can be very complicated and there are so many chargers out there that all claim prefection. Those claims are to some degree contradicted by negative posts. So what is one to do?

Obviously if there are very few positive posts and many negative posts about a certain brand of charger I would recommend eliminating that product from the selection process. But a purchase decision made by forum posts should be based on the ratio of positive posts vs negative posts and not on how many negative posts there are. When I see alot of posts about a certain charger it usually means that alot of people have purchased that product and thus it peaks my interest.

I took my time and let the positive and negative posts sway me back and forth on various products until somewhere along the line the field began to narrow. One day I ran across this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=icharger, after a good read I realized that this manufacturer was interested in listening to customer suggestion and the customers seemed positive about the product. So I made the decision to buy the Starter Combo at http://www.progressiverc.com/charger...er-combos.html. For my purposes this is just enough charger to get me started in this hobby and will serve well until I get to the point where my models require much larger power systems.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Last edited by BGR; Sep 15, 2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:04 AM
LAKE WALES, FL
Joined Dec 2009
30 Posts
Thunder ac680

hey guys have you seen this?? http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html charge up to 6A 1-6s or 15 nimh cells. comes with a power supply, LiFe compatible. it even helps monitor the health of your lipos and actually see the voltage curve on your pc and much more! this thing is just slammed with features and for under 60 the price is awesome great for the track or the backyard flyer!
spazzzattak is offline Find More Posts by spazzzattak
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:17 PM
United States, FL, Wesley Chapel
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
Racers Edge SureCharge 2010 Pro AC/DC Balance Charger? good buy?

Hi - newbie here.
Looking at all the threads and greatly appreciate all the info we have found so far..alot to learn.
Our 1st car is using 2s lipo and we need a good charger to take to the track that will be the able to cover whatever type of batteries we advance to that comes with the power adaptor.
They are selling it for $139 new direct - would this be a good charger to start with, or will it be very complicated to get going with it?
We do not want to mess up with lipos.
Thank you in advance for any input. We have started with one car for our son - but now looks like we will be getting cars for ourselves too after doing more research.

Edit - got the charger on Ebay delivered for $110.00. Seems easy enough, just concerned that positive lead coming out of charger does fit flush - but I dont imagine aanyone will let me know if this is common..
j_cassandra is offline Find More Posts by j_cassandra
Last edited by j_cassandra; Dec 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: no responce - ordered item new question
Old Dec 24, 2011, 04:28 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
Please Help want ac charger

I bought a umx beast 3d. I have 2 little 180mah 2s 20c lipos form e-flite. I need to find a charger that i can just plug in at my house and charge them is there anything like that at all?
Chumpified is offline Find More Posts by Chumpified
Old Dec 27, 2011, 05:48 AM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
Charger for Brookstone heli

OK, I recognize the Brookstone heli might mark me as a dabbler here, so I beg your forgiveness....

That aside, I just bought one of their Cloud Force models. It charges via the controller -- which means I'm replacing 6 AA batteries every 10 flights or so.

I'd like to find a wall charger than I can use instead. I don't mind going to Radio Shack for the right adapter tip and hacking that on to the correct charger, but I don't know anything about charging LiPo batteries, so I'm not sure what to buy for a basic charging unit that I can plug into the wall.

Any suggestions?

I apologize in advance -- I don't know the size of the Brookstone battery -- I've looked around, but it doesn't seem to be listed any where.

Thanks for helping a newbie,

John
jgold723 is offline Find More Posts by jgold723