HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:37 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
Have you personally done this? I know it should work in theory, just looking for some results Thanks for your help!
Yup, i hook up my lipos to all sorts of weird things, but that suggestion about a gel pack & the other suggestion about the motorcycle battery is stellar, definitely the route to go.
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:54 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,345 Posts
My motorcycle battery spends most of its life plugged into a Battery Tender, always fully charged, but just sitting there. It's easy to R&R, so why not make it earn its keep? Rather than introducing yet another battery to own, maintain and replace!
loNslo is online now Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:07 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loNslo View Post
My motorcycle battery spends most of its life plugged into a Battery Tender, always fully charged, but just sitting there. It's easy to R&R, so why not make it earn its keep? Rather than introducing yet another battery to own, maintain and replace!
this now reminds me of the 6 extra 90Ah car batteries i have in the garage in storage from the camper van i think one of them is going to get a permanent seat in my trunk haha
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:45 AM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRookie View Post
I need a battery charger.
Which one is the best?

Greg
Not sure if you were talking to me for asking question, but if you were you have a great sense of humor.
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:12 AM
Minnesota
Joined Sep 2003
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
This thread should be self explainatory.

If you ask for charger recommendations in this thread, I can not guarantee your safety. Castigating the offenders is not only allowed, its encouraged.

KC
I just thought I would ask the stupid question to lighten things up. Notice I didn't say what type, size, how many ports, price, or anything else that could be used to answer the question I posed, but I did add a winking smiley face.
I may seem like there are no stupid questions, but I tried, and succeeded.
Thanks for noticing.

Greg
OldRookie is offline Find More Posts by OldRookie
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:57 PM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRookie View Post
I just thought I would ask the stupid question to lighten things up. Notice I didn't say what type, size, how many ports, price, or anything else that could be used to answer the question I posed, but I did add a winking smiley face.
I may seem like there are no stupid questions, but I tried, and succeeded.
Thanks for noticing.

Greg
Ha, seemed like a perfectly normal question to come from someone who is a rookie and old.
still4given is offline Find More Posts by still4given
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:07 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loNslo View Post
This discussion has inspired me to try using my motorcycle battery for charging 4S 2200 lipo's, in the field, using my 206B. It is 12 ah, so easily transported.
The only problem is that would give you 4.5 charges @ 100% effeciency and comletly depleting the motor cycle battery, not good for the motorcycle battery.

I use a 4s 4000 lipo as a power supply for my indoor flying, I monotor the voltage, but it has plenty for all my indoor needs. I use 400ma-400ma 2s packs.

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:27 PM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
The only problem is that would give you 4.5 charges @ 100% effeciency and comletly depleting the motor cycle battery, not good for the motorcycle battery.

I use a 4s 4000 lipo as a power supply for my indoor flying, I monotor the voltage, but it has plenty for all my indoor needs. I use 400ma-400ma 2s packs.

Dennis
Yes, I suggested the Gel-cell because the OP said he was using it for indoor. Should last a whole session easily.
still4given is offline Find More Posts by still4given
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:48 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,414 Posts
Anyone know of where I might find a comprehensive comparison of the features and abilities of the FMA PL 6, 8 and the 10XP ?

Looking for something to charge multiple packs, at once. 1-6 cells for now, but will be growing I am sure.

I currently have two FMA Multi 4's and really like them. But would like a charger that can also discharge for storage reasons.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:59 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,414 Posts
Found it http://www.revolectrix.com/product_selector.htm

Carry on
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:24 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
379 Posts
answered your own question mate.............hehehehe
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:24 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2006
475 Posts
It has been a long time since I posted on RC Groups. Hope things are just as friendly and informative as when I left to pursue other hobbies.

That being said, I am back into flying my Honey Bee FP and Blade MSR micro heli's. Sadly, my old Cellpro 4S did not survive the hiatus. I sent it back to FMA Direct for repair, but they are unable to fix it since I did the backlit screen mod on it many years ago...oh well.

So I need a charger recommendation, the ones on page 1 appear a bit dated, that will cover the 2-cell 7.4V 1320mAh and 150mAh 1S 3.7V 25C LiPo's for my heli's.

Thanks in advance.
"a not so new" NewbieCrashPilot
NewbieCrashPilot is offline Find More Posts by NewbieCrashPilot
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:35 PM
Minnesota
Joined Sep 2003
269 Posts
If I were you I would stick with FMA and get the Cellpro Multi 4.
These are excellent chargers for the money.
Maybe the back light modification was partly responsible for your 4S not working.

Greg
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:46 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2006
475 Posts
thank you. The specs on the FMA site doesn't say much about charging the Blade MSR 1S batteries. There are posts for modding your own wires to do this, but I think I have had enough with modding for the time being. Looking for a charger that will charge both types of batteries straight out of the box without fussing.
NewbieCrashPilot is offline Find More Posts by NewbieCrashPilot
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:28 PM
Minnesota
Joined Sep 2003
269 Posts
If you go to their web site, and check out the manual for the charger, it says it will charge 1s cells. I didn't see that you were charging a 1s cell, but the Cellpro Multi 4 should be OK with this.

Greg