HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Aug 2005
943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Ok, after reading some of these posts I am only more confused!!!! I am in the market for a new charger. I now use the Venom Pro Charger (red). It works great but I can only charge 1 battery at a time. I don't know if I should get a few of something like the Turnigy Accucell-6 or a multi battery charger. Most batteries I have are 3S and most have the EC3 plug. What is a good multi battery charger that won't break the bank. My wife wants a Christmas list soon! ha
I have an Accucel-6 and an Accucel-8. Either can be used with a balance board to charge multiple batteries but have wattage limitations. The -6 will charge 3S @ ~4.2 amps, the -8 @ 7.0 amps. The -8 handles discharging much better if you leave your batteries at storage levels.
t.edwards is offline Find More Posts by t.edwards
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:31 AM
Mach Con
L.A. beautiful san fernando valley
Joined Nov 2008
1,795 Posts
best/cheapest ac wall adapter that will power accucel 6

can anyone point me to the proper wall adapter I can purchase for
my turnigy accucell 6 charger? don't want to pack/ship my pro peak power supply this christmas..thanks.

actually..already found something..thx
grfcon is offline Find More Posts by grfcon
Last edited by grfcon; Dec 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Dec 2012
28 Posts
yep, another charger needed!

Hi folks, Im searching for something special: I need chargers with 3,65V and a minimum of about 50A. I used to work with modified computer PSUs, its easy to adjust the +3,3V line to the desired level, but they just dont have enough power to get them charged fast enough...

Maybe you know of any of those server PSUs with enough power on the 3,3V line?

Ah, if youre asking what I need those chargers for: I need to charge these beauties:
http://www.ev-power.eu/Winston-40Ah-...-2V-100Ah.html

Yeah, I got a quite strong charger that can fill all 14 of them within an hour, but no balancer can balance that fast, so I use single chargers. Each lifepo its own charger.

Would be great if you guys could help me

Cheers!
fastfastfast is offline Find More Posts by fastfastfast
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:33 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,684 Posts
Welcome to RCG. This charger might not quite be out just yet , but I think it will do 70 amps. You'd have to check to make sure it will actually do it on one cell. I don't have one yet. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1626690 oh, upon re-reading maybe it is not helpful? You want a ps instead.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Dec 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
oh, upon re-reading maybe it is not helpful? You want a ps instead.
I dont want a PS, I want 14 of them
But thanks anyway, Cheers
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:50 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
303 Posts
take a look at www.leo-energy.com and send an email. sure they have a charger for you
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:56 AM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
Tell me if I just F***ked up or if what I bought from HobbyKing will work just fine.

I just got a Turnigy 4x6S 400W Lithium Polymer Battery Charger
and HobbyKing 540w 100~120v Power Supply (13.8v~18v - 30amp)
along with two Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 4S 25~50C Lipo Packs.

This will be for a Mikrokopter Hexa2 I just bought from a fellow user.
The setup is a Hexa Frame, DZI NAZA and DJI GPS, 6- Tiger MT 2216 KV 900 motors, 6 Maytech 20amp ESC
He was using 6200mah 4S 25c LiPos

I want to be able to charge 4 LiPos at same time, with flexibility to charge separate LiPos at different rates (trickle charge vs fast charge, etc).
I've read much of this section, but it's confusing for a newb.
Thank you all in advance for any feedback.
mjf185 is offline Find More Posts by mjf185
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:18 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,684 Posts
I think you did fine. You won't do it in a great hurry , but a respectable time. (a lot better than if you'd gotten one of the many 4x50 watt quad chargers. I'm curious as to how you make out using that charger at full power most of the time. I have my eye on one.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
Thanks Gulio! I'll let you know how it works out.
mjf185 is offline Find More Posts by mjf185
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:39 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfastfast View Post
Ah, if youre asking what I need those chargers for: I need to charge these beauties:
http://www.ev-power.eu/Winston-40Ah-...-2V-100Ah.html

Cheers!
Dare i ask what these batteries are for?? =)
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined Dec 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
Dare i ask what these batteries are for?? =)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CityEl
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:07 AM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,025 Posts
Passport Ultra Duo 200W x 2.....Do you guys know if this is a good charger. I picked it up from my LHS kinda as a impulse buy because I charger went bad and was in desperate need. It seems to work pretty fast a charging two 4 Cell Batteries. Any suggestions to make this charger better? I am new to these charging systems. It did not come with a DC Charging Cord so I was thinking of getting a Power source but dont know what options I have. I would really like to be able to use what I think is called a para board to charge like 6 2cell batteries
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:11 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
Passport Ultra Duo 200W x 2.....Do you guys know if this is a good charger. I picked it up from my LHS kinda as a impulse buy because I charger went bad and was in desperate need. It seems to work pretty fast a charging two 4 Cell Batteries. Any suggestions to make this charger better? I am new to these charging systems. It did not come with a DC Charging Cord so I was thinking of getting a Power source but dont know what options I have. I would really like to be able to use what I think is called a para board to charge like 6 2cell batteries
ran a quick search, kind of a pricey charger no? how fast do you need to charge your batteries, 3.5 seconds?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:17 AM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,025 Posts
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
ran a quick search, kind of a pricey charger no? how fast do you need to charge your batteries, 3.5 seconds?
Yes it was 250 out the door. They really talked it up at the hobby shop. Is this a good charger??? I was sick and tired of spending all night. The old charger was taking 2 1/2 Hrs to charge the same battery that the new one takes 35 Min. But I still don't know what capabilities I have with this charger because I don't know a whole lot about how they work. I was looking on the threads but I cant seem to find any info on this charger which SCARES ME!
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:19 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
Yes it was 250 out the door. They really talked it up at the hobby shop. Is this a good charger??? I was sick and tired of spending all night. The old charger was taking 2 1/2 Hrs to charge the same battery that the new one takes 35 Min. But I still don't know what capabilities I have with this charger because I don't know a whole lot about how they work. I was looking on the threads but I cant seem to find any info on this charger which SCARES ME!
ok sorry let me ask you this first, what are you actual charging needs? you mentioned a number of batteries at once right? how many? what type? how fast?
RCG Plus Member