HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:28 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,441 Posts
You might have trouble...which is why I ask. "not needed yet but available" might be "not needed, which is a good thing because it might not work". It did not for me, on 6s, I guess because the power supplies drop from 25.3 to 25.1 V as the current goes up, and the charger has to switch from buck mode to boost mode.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 04:08 PM
Everything is Upgradeable.
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
I understand what you mean by running it hard. I would never try and run it to the maximum allowed, both charger and power supplies.
postalflyer72 is online now Find More Posts by postalflyer72
Old Jun 20, 2012, 03:28 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by postalflyer72 View Post
I understand what you mean by running it hard. I would never try and run it to the maximum allowed, both charger and power supplies.
true. Most electronics coming from far east use replacement or 2nd hand components which we know does not run up to full design capacity. Also heatsinks are too small thus burning out most electronics.....so yes stay 10% below rated.
PowerLab althoug can be run at full power with full rated FETs and a killer heatsink.........1344W fullpower !!
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:41 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I'd skip the e-flite battery and get a gens ace 25c--a much better battery for the money in my opinion. The connectors are also better in my opinion. You'll have to modify the connector on your ESC with something like these.
Is there a paraboard I could use with the gens ace 25c or some other method for these plug types for parallel charging?
c0p0ut is offline Find More Posts by c0p0ut
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:06 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
Disregard above message. The Gens Ace use bullet/banana plug connections. I found compatible paraboards for these connections at EPbuddy.com.

I should be able to get a different plug connection board and use adaptors, or I can get the bullet/banana plug board, which is compatible with the ESC modified connector you listed above.

Thanks.
c0p0ut is offline Find More Posts by c0p0ut
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,441 Posts
No problem. I still like the GensAce connectors, but you do have to be careful to not force them to mate because you can damage the plastic. But at least you don't need a special set of pliers to take them apart, like you do with new e-flite batteries.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:27 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Hi, I'm thinking of parallel charging some batteries, iv got a charger in mind which is the skyrc B6 ultimate 400W using it with a parallel charging board, or would it be better to get the skyrc quattro b6AC?
Also does the charge have to be a specific ampage, I want to charge 3-4 2s 5000mAh lipo's,
Or have you guys got any recommended chargers?

Thanks
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jun 23, 2012, 05:53 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
I have the Hyperion Super Duo 3 that I use with a couple of server power supplies. You can see in the photo it is running 34A @ 25V. It is a 1000 watt charger total, 500w per side. I have charged 8 6S batteries at the same time at 1C. - 2 6S 5800 and 2 6S 4000 on each side. If I don't want to use that many batteries, I just charge what I need at 2C. Also was fun to build

Harry

A few more photos here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656481
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,441 Posts
Nice looking system Harry.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:05 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
Thanks, I got worried about charging on my workbench with all the flammables around. This lets me take it to my office or bedroom and keep an eye on it.

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
I need to buy a 3s-4s Lipo and a solid reliable charger. I have just purchased a DJI 450 Quad Kit, and since the kit doesn't provide either of those items not to mention I am fairly new to working with the more serious rc aircrafts, I wondered what some of you who are much more experienced would suggest??? ie. product and shop links if possible are greatly appreciate.
Musictree is offline Find More Posts by Musictree
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:02 PM
AMA 951 since 1958
USA, FL, Newberry
Joined Nov 2000
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictree View Post
I need to buy a 3s-4s Lipo and a solid reliable charger. I have just purchased a DJI 450 Quad Kit, and since the kit doesn't provide either of those items not to mention I am fairly new to working with the more serious rc aircrafts, I wondered what some of you who are much more experienced would suggest??? ie. product and shop links if possible are greatly appreciate.
FMA CellPro 4S Gold . Make sure you order the adapter needed to match your battery pack.

http://www.revolectrix.com/4sgold_description_tab.htm
Red Scholefield is offline Find More Posts by Red Scholefield
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:21 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Scholefield View Post
FMA CellPro 4S Gold . Make sure you order the adapter needed to match your battery pack.

http://www.revolectrix.com/4sgold_description_tab.htm
Or the CellPRO 4SMC too. Fully smart charger and quote autonomous
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:01 AM
PEMAC
Australia, New South Wales, Penrith
Joined Jul 2007
755 Posts
Cellpro looks good. Another good entry level charger is the Accucel-6
I have an iCharger and it is fantastic, but a little more expensive.

I have used Turnigy batteries for many years and find them the best value and as good as most other brands.
SleepySean is offline Find More Posts by SleepySean
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepySean View Post
Cellpro looks good. Another good entry level charger is the Accucel-6
I have an iCharger and it is fantastic, but a little more expensive.

I have used Turnigy batteries for many years and find them the best value and as good as most other brands.
Can the Accucel-6 give resistor reading for the packs? Is it important?
eagle75 is offline Find More Posts by eagle75