SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Keenan smith, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 04:42 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
the cheapest I've seen for the A380 are about 70 bucks. I'll try and dig up a link for you. you could always go for a none scale setup, such as E-Flite's, but it would just be a tricycle set up. you could always opt for fixed gear and that would require you soldering some legs together to make your bogeys. that's the cheapest option of course. :^)
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2010, 04:58 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
ok could u dig up some plans for fixed scale gear then
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Dec 18, 2010, 05:08 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
now wheres my manners i forgot to say please
Old Dec 18, 2010, 06:11 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I'll see what I can do. not sure I've ever seen plans as such, but there are threads on here, where guys have made their own gear by soldering tubing to make bogeys. it would basically require you to fabricate the 4 wheel and 6 wheel trucks and then solder them to spring loaded legs. then cover them with gear leg doors to make them look more scale.

if the plane is light enough, you could also fabricate your own retracts, using servos to retract the legs inside the plane. just a thought.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 06:18 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
your other option are the micro air retracts from Hobbyking. not a bad price for a pair. you'de need two pairs and a nose, plus all the plumbing. worth a look anyway.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8002
Old Dec 18, 2010, 07:06 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
naah those are too expensive
could you post some plans for homemade retracts
Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:21 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I don't have anything in the way of plans for undercarriage. if you search around on here, you'll find home made undercarriage, in the way I've discribed. I'll see if I can dig up some links to threads that show how to do this. if you are going this route, you better make sure your soldering skills are up to snuff, cause you don't want any points of failure. LOL.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:45 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
thanks a million

keenan
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:28 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
these servos will work well for this application.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?idProduct=662
This is so much better than the HXT900, with free shipping: http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dy-1007.html
This is high resolution gears. I've probably used at least 40 pcs of the HXT900, and about 12pcs. of the Dynam servos. The dynam servos are really great & shipped from USA. Great for EDF jets too, due to it's finer gears. Price may be a buck more but the quality plus free shipping is worth the money. I usually receive it in 3 days, because I'm in California.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:35 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
This is so much better than the HXT900, with free shipping: http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dy-1007.html
This is high resolution gears. I've probably used at least 40 pcs of the HXT900, and about 12pcs. of the Dynam servos. The dynam servos are really great & shipped from USA. Great for EDF jets too, due to it's finer gears. Price may be a buck more but the quality plus free shipping is worth the money. I usually receive it in 3 days, because I'm in California.
would these servos be good to to use on homemade retracts and do you know how to build home made retracts for an airbus A380

-keenan
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:54 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith459 View Post
ok could u dig up some plans for fixed scale gear then
These wheels are 30mm, if I recall, you can cut the height. May need some ideas on how to install, since it does not come with the base plate where it's attached. The base comes with the wings. 30mm diameter is already tiny, but, to make your project more scale, you'll need even smaller. I'm not home, but I can give you the exact size dimensions 2morow if you want. let me know. Shipping is $3 to US I think. PHILIP is really a great guy. I got mine in less than a week from HK to USA. A lot of people here in RCG are also Philip's customers.
I Used it on my AIRFORCE ONE PROJECT
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/1657
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/1658

-Spyro
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:08 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith459 View Post
would these servos be good to to use on homemade retracts and do you know how to build home made retracts for an airbus A380

-keenan
Size dimension is the same as the HXT900 or micro servos. It will work on home made retracts. But I just noticed that you already bought the HXT900. So, just keep that...they may have the same torque anyway (not sure). The Dynam has so much better resolution and QUIET unlike the HXTs. The dynam is great for control surfaces.
I would not recommend retracts on your project, due to added weight. Try fixed first, then go for retracts after enjoying it. I know the hassle, but you gotta keep your model really light. IMHO...
-Spyro

A380 RC - MUST SEE - Flip Ultra HD Cam (10 min 1 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:48 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Size dimension is the same as the HXT900 or micro servos. It will work on home made retracts. But I just noticed that you already bought the HXT900. So, just keep that...they may have the same torque anyway (not sure). The Dynam has so much better resolution and QUIET unlike the HXTs. The dynam is great for control surfaces.
I would not recommend retracts on your project, due to added weight. Try fixed first, then go for retracts after enjoying it. I know the hassle, but you gotta keep your model really light. IMHO...
-Spyro
shes 5ft 5" long and weighs less than a kilo thanks to my weight saving techniques
Old Dec 19, 2010, 04:32 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Hi Keenan! I would be honored to share what I can about my retracts, I'm making them out of carbon fiber rods, this graphic might show how I'm doing them.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:12 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
thanks demondriver

but could you provide some more info on the system for mounting
Closed Thread