Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Keenan smith, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:58 AM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,821 Posts
i know thanks
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2011, 01:11 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,339 Posts
I hope this helps K, I came up with this . . .internal thrust reverser clamshell doors that are hinged together & swing open & shut and redirect the EDF's thrust.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
Old Mar 30, 2011, 06:53 AM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,821 Posts
thanks you just solved my prob
Old Mar 30, 2011, 08:48 AM
HappyGoLucky
Germany, BW, Ibach
Joined Dec 2009
521 Posts
here's what I would try to do. It is basically the same approach as Daemon Drivers but since I already got a sketch I thought I might post it just as well.

The two images show the TRs in three steps from 0 to 60 degrees (fully deployed). I Think they are selfexplanatory. I'd say it's the same thing as the external TRs on SilentHunters MD80 but using part of the thrust tube for clamshells. I suppose the hole mechanism would have to be build pretty solid.

Cheers

p.S. any progress on your model?
chochmah is offline Find More Posts by chochmah
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blohm und Voss BV P.144
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:44 AM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,821 Posts
awsome all i have to do then is add some nice looking reverser doors and im all good thanks m8ts lol :awsome:
Old Mar 30, 2011, 01:38 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,339 Posts
Very Nice schematic Chochmah!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:56 PM
HappyGoLucky
Germany, BW, Ibach
Joined Dec 2009
521 Posts
Thank you DD!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2011, 07:23 PM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Keenan do u really want to add functional thrust reversers on nacelles of ur A380, i mean in reality you will not need them to slow ur model down and this will add more weight by adding extra mechanical parts to the nacelles. You will also need to get 9channel plus TX for this model for all functioning features you plan as add-ons on this model. Making is not a problem but do u really need them as my question here......
Concordefan is offline Find More Posts by Concordefan
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:36 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
yup, that's exactly the idea I was getting at several posts ago. good pics to show what I was saying.

Sam, do you need flaps on most RC models? they are nice to have, but aren't always necessary at the weights we fly at. even with flaps, any model can be landed safely without them. we like them, cause they are scale, just like TR. I say add them for that reason alone. worst comes to worst, they don't do anything except look cool. that's reason enough for me to put them on. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Mar 31, 2011, 03:13 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,821 Posts
i thinking of buy ing that turnigy tx and rx from hobbyking
Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:00 PM
HappyGoLucky
Germany, BW, Ibach
Joined Dec 2009
521 Posts
Quote:
i thinking of buy ing that turnigy tx and rx from hobbyking
Sure that it is a good idea to fly a model of that value, size and with that much work in it with the cheapest receiver you can get your hands on?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:00 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,339 Posts
K you might want to give these 90mm EDF & Brushless motors a look see.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15522
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:33 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
be careful when buying stuff from HK. remember the old addage...............you get what you pay for. not sure I would want to trust something I'de poured my heart and soul into, on something known to be of cheap quality..................whether that's radio, fan, motor, whatever. sure, I can spend 30 bucks on a fan that I know will work, but takes a lot of effort to make work well and still leaves you with reliability issues. I would rather spend extra money and buy a WM400 or a Wemo and know that I have piece of mind with these units. same goes for the radio........I'de much rather have Futaba or JR and have piece of mind. sure, they cost a bit more, but you get what you pay for. just sayin.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 01:07 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
be careful when buying stuff from HK. remember the old addage...............you get what you pay for. not sure I would want to trust something I'de poured my heart and soul into, on something known to be of cheap quality..................whether that's radio, fan, motor, whatever. sure, I can spend 30 bucks on a fan that I know will work, but takes a lot of effort to make work well and still leaves you with reliability issues. I would rather spend extra money and buy a WM400 or a Wemo and know that I have piece of mind with these units. same goes for the radio........I'de much rather have Futaba or JR and have piece of mind. sure, they cost a bit more, but you get what you pay for. just sayin.
Very Good point Rich! I'm not shure K's budget on his A380 I would use the Typhoon EDF's By HET from EJF.com but they cost 200.oo U.S. each but you get EDF motor and ESC and their pre-balanced.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:28 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
yeah, this is the problem, especially when there's four to buy. because it's an airliner and you aren't pushing fans very hard, there's nothing wrong with using HK fans at all. you just gotta watch balance issues. for radio, you just simply cannot skimp out here. trust me Kevin, I've learned the hard way on a couple of occasions. once with a plane and once with a boat. it's not nice to lose something you've got so much into and then find out it was the radio gear at fault. you may never have any issues with an HK radio, or you may have exactly that happen.

if I want a great 70mm fan, I go fro the WM400/ARC combo. for a bit over a hundred bucks, it's a great combo that puts out all kinds of power. for 90mm, a Skyworld shroud with Wemo rotor. as said before, I may spend 70+ dollars axtra per fan, but I know they'll never fail.
Closed Thread