2 Posts
charger

retgg
Npitt is offline Find More Posts by Npitt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2010, 01:17 AM View Post
Npitt
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 02:08 AM
Go Ugly Early
Azle, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,128 Posts
*reported
The Hog Pen is offline Find More Posts by The Hog Pen
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:45 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212 View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7028

Some people may say its cheap but it works fine for me at a great price. You can also get the LiPo cheaper there

I am from the UK also

Merry Christmas

Brett
check what is in the DE warehouse. shipping might be cheaper from DE than hongkong
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...obby_Warehouse
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
Old Jan 16, 2011, 03:31 AM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Basic chargers

I am new to the hobbie. I have a HZ supercub which was the trainer. It used 11.1V lipo @1300mah (3s) I have a PZ Corsair that uses 11.1v lipo @1800mah (3s) and just purchased a E-flite T-34 Mentor which uses 11.1v lipo @3200mah (3s). Cost for batties is expensive but part of the hobby. I am looking for a good charger to replace the supplied RTF versions for all planes with one nice unit. I would like a balancing charger and be able to charge more than one battery at the same time.

What is a good unit?
rvmustang is offline Find More Posts by rvmustang
Old Jan 16, 2011, 06:31 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmustang View Post
I am new to the hobbie. I have a HZ supercub which was the trainer. It used 11.1V lipo @1300mah (3s) I have a PZ Corsair that uses 11.1v lipo @1800mah (3s) and just purchased a E-flite T-34 Mentor which uses 11.1v lipo @3200mah (3s). Cost for batties is expensive but part of the hobby. I am looking for a good charger to replace the supplied RTF versions for all planes with one nice unit. I would like a balancing charger and be able to charge more than one battery at the same time.

What is a good unit?
The FMA Cellpro Multi 4. This is a good safe, accurate, easy to use 50 watt charger. With an extra adapter it will charge two 3S 1800's in parallel.
http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...-Adapter-Combo

If you want something bigger then look to the FMA Power Lab 8. It will charge every 3S LiPo you own at the same time. It's a 1300 watt charger.
http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...HR-Std-Adapter

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Jan 16, 2011, 04:57 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Great recommendation

From what I read on the Cellpro 8 it looks like the unit for me. The unit charges multiple batteries at the same time (LIPOs) and will cover the parkzone line. Can you help me confirm the E-flite 3200mah battery?

This unit helps you see the charging stats (not that I fully understand them all). The PC software looks interseting.

Will I need a 12Vdc seperate supply to charge batteries at home?

Thanks again for guiding me in the right direction.
rvmustang is offline Find More Posts by rvmustang
Old Jan 16, 2011, 09:03 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmustang View Post
From what I read on the Cellpro 8 it looks like the unit for me. The unit charges multiple batteries at the same time (LIPOs) and will cover the parkzone line. Can you help me confirm the E-flite 3200mah battery?

This unit helps you see the charging stats (not that I fully understand them all). The PC software looks interseting.

Will I need a 12Vdc seperate supply to charge batteries at home?

Thanks again for guiding me in the right direction.
I'm not sure what your question is concerning the E-flite 3200.

The Charge Control Software (CCS) is very powerful. It allows easy configuration of the charger, can save several configurations for recall later, can save charging results for later comparison, graphs charging data, among other things.

The PL8 requires power input in the range of 10 to 30 volts DC. It will operate very well at 12VDC but it will not be able to provide it's full rated output of 1300 watts. You will get about half that. To get the full power output the charger must see at least 24VDC. To provide 24VDC you can:
1 get a 24VDC power supply.
2 use two 12vdc power supplies in series.
see this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1170241
3 use two 12VDC deep cycle lead acid batteries in series.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Jun 08, 2011, 09:22 PM
Joined Jul 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathpenalty View Post
Thanks for the reply.

But firstly I live in the UK which makes this charger much more difficult to get and secondly it will cost 50 which is more than 60% of the cost of the car.

Anything that is much cheaper yet still reliable would be appreciated.
There is a very cheap charger http://www.aliexpress.com/store/8004...2-3s.html.Only charge you 20more USD total. It is integrated in power supply .Very useful and convinient!!!
morning glory is offline Find More Posts by morning glory
Old Jun 08, 2011, 09:28 PM
Joined Jul 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathpenalty View Post
Thanks for the reply.

But firstly I live in the UK which makes this charger much more difficult to get and secondly it will cost 50 which is more than 60% of the cost of the car.

Anything that is much cheaper yet still reliable would be appreciated.
There is a very cheap charger .Only charge you 20 more USD total .It is integrated in power supply. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/8004...-for-2-3s.html
morning glory is offline Find More Posts by morning glory
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:45 AM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
There are many providers that are available online with good Battery and Charger using rechargeable batteries you want. Every NiMH high power high capacity battery packs can be useful. In my opinion, the all-battery.com would be a good choice. It was the same plan taken by my cousin a few days ago. They ship fast and the batteries have great perfomance.
Elainegreg is offline Find More Posts by Elainegreg
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:19 PM
Joined Jun 2010
113 Posts
Honestly,
The more I read on battery chargers the more I am lost.
first there are all these brands, and I am asking myself what is a reputable quality brand and what is not? Of course they all say they are the best, so I try looking at the spec for comparison but it doesn't answer the question so I went for a bit of seat of the pants,: A manufaturer who goes through the pain of making a quality case with accesories shoudl be creating a good product right.
So with that I looked at (for example) GenAce, particularely their new slim charger, it has supposedly been on the market since early 2011 but everywhere I looked it says it was not being shipped... ok, so I wait, and now I saw just one or two reviews and it says that there are problems with the unit... Hum... Ok so I looked at Turnigy Accucel 6 (for example) now I would have prefered a 100W but hey, then I look at the case simple metal screwed together, so I become a bit worry but I do some research and the reviews I read say it is a great unit. So excellent problem solved right? Well no because the unit cost like 30$ and if I search for other units with similar spec I find some chargers in the hundreds of dollars. So I am back to the beginning.
Oh and lets not forget that apparently some chargers are the same but just sold under different name brand and for hugely different asking price, or some are cheap look-a-like that should not even be considered.

There is something I am not getting, and I suspect, from all the posts asking for help that I am not the only one!
signed , Confused in the West.
And yes I DO have the referenced thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1356436

So I am thinking the question (s) have not been answered yet.
My 2 cents,

Cheers

a
Coyote24 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote24
Last edited by Coyote24; Sep 27, 2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:49 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
The Cellpro 4 for 55 dollars is going to be hard to beat, and Im sure the Cellpro multi-port is a great value.

If you want a multiport charger for less consider the Hitec X4 or the Hitec X2.
They don't charge as fast as the Cellpro Multi Port, but they are very nice quality chargers for charging more than one pack at a time.

Another good single port charger is the Thunder Power 610c. I have this charger as well and it has worked flawlessly for a couple of years.

Using a ultra cheap charger to charge Lipo batteries is a disaster waiting to happen.
You need something at least at the quality of the Cellpro 4 to safely handle lipo packs over the long haul.

Lipo batteries get real ugly when something goes wrong. Even if they don't catch your house on fire they are going to make a big mess if they ignite.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:00 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote24 View Post
... I am asking myself what is a reputable quality brand and what is not?
This is an excellent question to start with.

Quote:

So I am thinking the question (s) have not been answered yet.
My 2 cents,

Cheers
Perhaps this thread will help.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...40&postcount=1

KC
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Last edited by KC; Sep 28, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:48 PM
Joined Jun 2010
113 Posts
Zero, KC thanks for the reply.
KC thanks for the link on 'a question of quality'

I think Turnigy seems to be a respected brand, and Cellpro (Thanks Zero) also Schultz seems to be regarded as the Mercedes of chargers (probably too much for my needs!)

I wonder what ppl think of Gen Ace?
Would you mind commenting on them?
Simply because well there new Chargers is so... sexy.

Seriously I like the plastic case, worry that there doesn't seem to be a fan (but could this be because the technology they use doesn't create as much heat as other chargers?).
New Gens Ace iMars Slim Battery Charger Review (9 min 18 sec)

Keep commenting everyone!

Cheers,

a.
Coyote24 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote24