Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:15 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Ah bummer about the broken frame!
That's one part I've yet to break.....knock on wood.
I've broke it twice now It's a total pain to replace too. Oh well. I thought the frame felt a little flimsy lately. It must have had a crack for a while before the last, very light crash, broke it.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:44 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,482 Posts
V120D05CS08 - Serious D02S & 130X Competitor (8 min 19 sec)
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,186 Posts
@IntegrityHndywrk

flying looking good there I can't wait to upgrade my d02s. As far as front flips I find it funny that you feel a little less comfortable with them because I am the opposite. I don't like doing back flips as much and I seem to favor rolls to the right more than the left. I wish I had your weather though...i need to move...hehe. Heli season is almost over here.

Hmm then again, you get all that wind so i take that back. I just wish it stayed warmer
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:37 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
flying looking good there I can't wait to upgrade my d02s. As far as front flips I find it funny that you feel a little less comfortable with them because I am the opposite. I don't like doing back flips as much and I seem to favor rolls to the right more than the left. I wish I had your weather though...i need to move...hehe. Heli season is almost over here.

Hmm then again, you get all that wind so i take that back. I just wish it stayed warmer
I've nosed into the ground by accident before doing front flips. Doing back flips the heli darts UP not down. So they just feel more comfortable because i know i will have a better chance to gain control if it darts into open sky instead of the dirt

Yeah, you got to take the good with the bad. I actually feel funny flying in the calm winds. I can do loops and things much better by using the air pressure to throw the heli around. But, I'm hoping the winds die down though the winter. How jealous so many people will be! 75 degrees and no wind all day long!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:22 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Very nice flying, you are getting good my friend

I broke the rotor grip twice hitting in a tree while practising the circuits, i am way more comfortable doing them on my 450, am looking to add some expo to sticks to calm the D05 pro a bit, its very fast as of now.

Do you have any expo set on yours?
dheerajjuneja is offline Find More Posts by dheerajjuneja
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:36 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheerajjuneja View Post
Very nice flying, you are getting good my friend

I broke the rotor grip twice hitting in a tree while practising the circuits, i am way more comfortable doing them on my 450, am looking to add some expo to sticks to calm the D05 pro a bit, its very fast as of now.

Do you have any expo set on yours?
Yes, i think i am using at least 40% - 60% expo. Not sure the exact amount. It's kind of a preference. I also use expo on the pitch to slow down the pitch response. But that will be more for when your doing 3D. The 2801-pro does not have expo for pitch so you have to manually program it in using the pitch curve points. I think i go over this in my build log with the new KDBB 130X blades.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:35 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Okay, let me try that once i get the parts ordered, it should help.

Exactly 1 month after order and parts are yet to arrive (no fault of seller, its stuck somewhere i guess), have started missing the action a lot ...
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:27 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,482 Posts
Quote:
Okay, let me try that once i get the parts ordered, it should help.

Exactly 1 month after order and parts are yet to arrive (no fault of seller, its stuck somewhere i guess), have started missing the action a lot ...
You ordering from the US? Our postal service is having issues. They keep laying people off and closing locations. Telling the government they need to raise rates and things to cover their employee benefits and whatever. Meanwhile the guy next door, not working for the Federal Government is making half as much money, no benefits and only gets a week vacation. Instead of a month or two. But for some reason it's logical for them to ask to raise rates to cover pay & benefits. Might be related, might not. But if i were a betting man....
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
I ordered from Terence, the shipment from him is regularly reaching me in a week, except this odd case.

Prices here in India are increasing like anything, even the basic things like fuel, water and cooking gas. The prices have almost doubled in last 2-3 years only. So the economy all over the world are heading towards north causing a complete unrest among the economically challenged and raising crime.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:07 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,482 Posts
Quote:
I ordered from Terence, the shipment from him is regularly reaching me in a week, except this odd case.

Prices here in India are increasing like anything, even the basic things like fuel, water and cooking gas. The prices have almost doubled in last 2-3 years only. So the economy all over the world are heading towards north causing a complete unrest among the economically challenged and raising crime.
It's the same here. It's all planned and on purpose. They just flip a switch and can fix most of it. They just want everyone to be on the same collectivist level.... Poor, easily controlled, and stupid enough to do what they are told.

The "Problem, Reaction, solution" Method of government will never go away. First they create the problem. Then they wait for the reaction. THEN, they provide the solution. Getting to act as the savior as if they didn't engineer the collapse in the first place.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:03 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Last two days have been days of deadly crashes, i crashed my 450 twice and 1#A once, resulting in 450 parts:
1. 2 new servos
2. 2 MS
3. 2 T. Boom
4. 2 Flybars
5. Blades

1#A parts:
1. 2 servos
2. MS
3. FS
4. Blades
5. Canopy

Man, i love the D05 for the fact that in minor crashes, nothing breaks
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:55 AM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Integrity,

Thanks for the pm full of tips and help regarding the power loss and bogging with my TA 915. I did try and change blades back to foamies and had the same result. I also changed out the ESC and it still did not help with the power loss and the more I ran that motor the worse it got. I finally took it off and changed back to the stock motor. That 915 is a couple years old now so I guess it finally wore out on me.

Quick question on the V120D05s. I've watched many of your videos and notice most of your flying is in a small tight circle and mostly a bunch of 3D combos with loops and flips and stuff like that. Have you ever tried to nose dive and get up some really fast speed?
When I do so both my D05's tend to pitch up and buck up and down. I have the 215-T motor in both and also the RX2622. Over the last couple months I've changed servos, adjusted RX pots, made sure everything is tight with no slop, tight RX on the frame and finally determined that the problem may be the foam blades. The 215 motor cranks out some serious head speed and I think combining that with fast forward flight the foam blades tend to flex a little causing the pitch up or bucking. I'm going to try some carbon blades later today to prove my theory but wondered if you had ever experienced this same thing.
I don't get this pitch up problem with my V120D02s running foamies but the stock motor and worn out TA-915 don't produce near the head speed of the 215 motor.
Anyway, it's just a thought.
By they way, I'm able to now flip over and hover inverted now every time I try. I can flip back with no problem and starting to figure out some combos with loops and rolls.
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:40 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Integrity,

Thanks for the pm full of tips and help regarding the power loss and bogging with my TA 915. I did try and change blades back to foamies and had the same result. I also changed out the ESC and it still did not help with the power loss and the more I ran that motor the worse it got. I finally took it off and changed back to the stock motor. That 915 is a couple years old now so I guess it finally wore out on me.

Quick question on the V120D05s. I've watched many of your videos and notice most of your flying is in a small tight circle and mostly a bunch of 3D combos with loops and flips and stuff like that. Have you ever tried to nose dive and get up some really fast speed?
When I do so both my D05's tend to pitch up and buck up and down. I have the 215-T motor in both and also the RX2622. Over the last couple months I've changed servos, adjusted RX pots, made sure everything is tight with no slop, tight RX on the frame and finally determined that the problem may be the foam blades. The 215 motor cranks out some serious head speed and I think combining that with fast forward flight the foam blades tend to flex a little causing the pitch up or bucking. I'm going to try some carbon blades later today to prove my theory but wondered if you had ever experienced this same thing.
I don't get this pitch up problem with my V120D02s running foamies but the stock motor and worn out TA-915 don't produce near the head speed of the 215 motor.
Anyway, it's just a thought.
By they way, I'm able to now flip over and hover inverted now every time I try. I can flip back with no problem and starting to figure out some combos with loops and rolls.
That sucks about the motor. The HP08-S 16,500kv is what i'm running right now, and i AM using motor pins. But you have to solder them on yourself or solder it to the ESC direct. Otherwise this motor is probably better than the 215, or at least as good. It has not disappointed me yet and with the KDBB 130X blades the performance is further increased.

Progress is FUN! I'm glad your pushing forward. I have had that kind of behavior on both my V120 size. I pretty much have my gyro pots all the way down and a hair up. The foam blades are just to floaty. If you google search, you'll find most 3 axis gyros also prefer a 3 axis gyro weighted blade. Walkera has no such specifications or worries. But this is why you will find Align 3G blades and other brands that have a "flybar and flybarless" version of their blade. But any 3 axis gyro would prefer heavier blades with the CG being pushed more toward the leading edge of the blade, instead of center. This allows the gyro to have a better feedback and understanding of what is happening. If blades are to flexible or sloppy, the gyro will be looking through fogged lenses. I had lots of problems tuning the KDBB 130X blades to work on both helicopters, and i crashed lots. But after getting them setup the way they are now, both heli perform much better than they ever did before.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:59 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,482 Posts
V120D05CS08 - 3D Flight - 11-08-12 (3 min 18 sec)

Does anyone have a broken Turbo Ace 215 motor? I'm looking for a good bell and motor shaft. The motor can be completely shot as long as the outside bell and shaft are not bent. I figure i would ask, bound to be someone out there.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Sorry man, already sent you the one I had. Nice flying!
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH