HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Fixed the V120D05CS-XTR / Sport up the other day and took it out for a flight. Still using the aluminum pins, btw.
Very nice flying man, the tail is wagging a bit, right?
dheerajjuneja is offline Find More Posts by dheerajjuneja
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:31 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheerajjuneja View Post
Very nice flying man, the tail is wagging a bit, right?
Thank you, and yes. There is too much play in the steering slider on the tail shaft. I think it's worn out the brass bushing so it moves too easily. I'll have to order a new one soon.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:23 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
The same thing happened on my V120D02s. The brass part of the steering slider wore out and came loose from the plastic. It still flew but had so much play and slop in the slider that it caused a bit of a tail wag and sloppy response. Once I put in a new one it was good to go.
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:10 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Today while flying had a crash and the stabalizer arms are missing again, this was my second and last spare stabalizer, so I cannot fly till I do the D02s mod now ... Waiting for the parts...
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
That shaft stablizer is a piece of junk so you will be happy to be rid of it.

No flying for me today.....pouring down rain and expected to last all day
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Slightly offtopic, but how to setup a failsafe with walkera 2801 pro tx and 2801 pro rx? Any ideas?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:22 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,023 Posts
Quote:
Slightly offtopic, but how to setup a failsafe with walkera 2801 pro tx and 2801 pro rx? Any ideas?
I don't use them. I'm not sure what they are even really for.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:37 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Okay, no issues.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:13 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,023 Posts
I've grown tired of the performance difference between my V120D05CS-XTR/sport and my V120D02S-Pro that i've decided to go ahead, since i've already tried the 215 motor and the spin motor and bite the bullet on the newest version of the oversky hp08-s. I made my order with wow hobbies because i trust that they will send the proper version and KV rating. Plus they usually get packages out to me in 2-3 days tops since i live here in the states. Here is what the thing looks like. It seems bigger than the 215 to me. I sure hope it's money well spent, and i wouldn't be better off just getting another 215. But it's done and ordered. So hopefully it performs as well or better than the 215. I will be using the pinion that comes on the 215, probably. Which i believe is a 15T pinion.

Size compare to the 215:

We'll see what happens.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Let us know how the new motor performs, the extreme spin 16500 has arrived for me, but i am planning not to use it for the time being, unless i can handle the heli better. Waiting for the D02s parts to see how cleanly i am able to convert the D05 into a PRO model
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Got the parts today, but instead of main blades they have sent tail blades. Will D05 main blades work with D02s?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:33 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,023 Posts
Quote:
Got the parts today, but instead of main blades they have sent tail blades. Will D05 main blades work with D02s?
Yes, but the foam blades might, and always did, even on the D05, have balance and pitch issues. They are a bit too wide. But yes, they will work fine for you till you get something else.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:24 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Hi,

Am facing an issue putting the head together, i have the bearings (Z-19), the rotor head, the rotor grips, FS and MS.

But somehow the FS is not sliding into the bearing (5 & 6 in the image attached) that's suppose to go inside the rotor grip (the side which houses the blades). Those bearings are clearly having smaller holes than the other 4 bearings. What am i doing wrong here?

The package z-19 contained 6 bearings in all, I have checked the xplode diagram and all else falls in place, except this bearing 5 & 6.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:32 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,023 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

Am facing an issue putting the head together, i have the bearings (Z-19), the rotor head, the rotor grips, FS and MS.

But somehow the FS is not sliding into the bearing (5 & 6 in the image attached) that's suppose to go inside the rotor grip (the side which houses the blades). Those bearings are clearly having smaller holes than the other 4 bearings. What am i doing wrong here?

The package z-19 contained 6 bearings in all, I have checked the xplode diagram and all else falls in place, except this bearing 5 & 6.
I am a little confused. The blade grip bearings will not fit inside the blade grip? They will be a little tight going in, you might have to press them hard. But it looks like they should be the right bearing and everything. Since it fits the feathering shaft for the D02S right? I'll keep an eye on the forum if you have more questions. I don't have to work for like 4 days or something so i'll just be flying and fixing Something tells me you'll have it figured out before you even read this, i hope.

EDIT:
Actually, thinking about it. I think you are using the D05 FS there? you need 4 bearings for the two blade grips.

Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Sep 21, 2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Hi Integrity,

Is there a possibility to chat on skype/gtalk or something? I have all the stuff but it seems i am unable to figure it out.

This is what i am trying:
Bearing: 1 & 2 (both are same) will go: In front of the blade grip (the edge that touches the head) and will also go from the other side, where we put in blades, am i right? (i tried this and am unable to put the bearings from the blade side)

If not, then i also tried putting bearing number 1 in front of the grip i.e. the side which touches the head and bearing number 5 from behind (the side that holds the blades), but when i try this, the FS is unable to go in the bearing hole and thus its not fitting in properly.
Site Sponsor