HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:56 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto View Post
Dheerajjuneja, always check your servos after a crash for any damage as in stripped gears. And before even attempting to take off, try to move the aileron and elevator on your tx to see if the servos respond as expected. If not then something is wrong and don't even try to lift off the ground. You're just asking for trouble if you do.
Thanks for this advise, i see what you mean and will keep this in mind.
dheerajjuneja is offline Find More Posts by dheerajjuneja
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:35 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
From the sound of it. The swash stabilizer is to blame for your problems. I almost forgot about that thing! My heli does not use one anymore for that very reason. I'm sure if you fix the issue with the stabilizer it will fix the issue you are currently having for now.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:37 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Hi, Replaced the stabalizer, still the same result. The swash still tilts to left.

Will try to put the old rx back in, and see how it behaves. If the beviour then there is something else than rx or it has to be the rx or some different settings/way to wire up which I am not able to understand.

Shall post about it.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Finally was able to fly the heli with the new RX, FS was bent. Changed it and the heli was able to lift off finally.

There is a shake in the heli while it's flying, not sure why it would be happening. Will t replace the MS and see how it will go from there.

Thank you guys, you won't believe I was already searching the net for "reliable walker 3d heli"
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:17 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheerajjuneja View Post
Finally was able to fly the heli with the new RX, FS was bent. Changed it and the heli was able to lift off finally.

There is a shake in the heli while it's flying, not sure why it would be happening. Will t replace the MS and see how it will go from there.

Thank you guys, you won't believe I was already searching the net for "reliable walker 3d heli"
Walkera is horrible. Just my opinion. The D05 was a total flop and everyone who bought one when it was NEW wanted to return it. The v120D02S and V200D03 are the only other helicopters i would CONSIDER spending my money on. As for the v200d03, i would just get a trex 250 or other helicopter if you want 3d capability. Its just OKAY. The V120d02S with only 3axis gyro is VERY good. Better than MCPX and competing helicopters. I can't wait to get rid of all of my walkera helicopters. I might keep my V120d02S, but i think i want to sell it too. I'm going to a Gaui X5 personally. Then i will get a smaller X2 or something later. I still like the 200 size. Sometimes the bigger ones are just too big, you know?

Anyway, as you are finding out. A Helicopter is only as good as the repairs you have done. And the setup you have placed. If anything is wrong, you are looking at a possible stacking effect that will leave you high and dry. Or up the creek without a paddle. You'll be angry, upset, and everything between. My next recommendation for you is to buy the D02S equipment and perform those upgrades. The D05 shafts are VERY easy to bend. The D02S shafts will hardly ever bend on you. EVEN IN HARD CRASHES! Then when your FS is bent or your MS is slightly off center. The new RX will still handle that FBL rotor head very well. Much better than the D05's stock. Plus you get rid of that swash stabilizer too! You've already bought the most expensive parts for the upgrades. So that is what is next for you. Good luck! You will get a lot more enjoyment out of this helicopter from this point on!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:47 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Integrity,

I've tried to stay tight lipped regarding all your negative comments about Walkera but lighten up man! How can a hobby make a person so mad? I look at it like this. None of these helicopters are perfect and just a few short years ago the micros did not even exisit. No one in the US can or will make these so it's up to China and low end factories to pump out all our toys we enjoy so much.
Just as much as flying these helis, I enjoy working on them too. I like to do mods to make improvements, figuring out how to diagnose problems, replace parts and go fly again. You've helped me the most out of all the guys on RC groups and I appreciate it very much. I remember when you were just about to take a hammer to your V120D05 but once I convinced you to get a better motor it quickly became your favorite.
I just wish you would keep the comments positive and cool down the anger.
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
I don't know much about these, but somehow i like walkera better (maybe the fact i have not flown a real trex or something, only made 1 450 myself grounds up, and loved it), but again as you said, the big birds can't be flown that much, unless you are staying in a farm.

I was already thinking about doing the D02s upgrade, however the only thing making me think about it twice is the drilling of the main gear. I don;t have any tools to drill it.

What would i need to drill it and is there a process of doing it?

- Dheeraj
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:59 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Integrity,

I've tried to stay tight lipped regarding all your negative comments about Walkera but lighten up man! How can a hobby make a person so mad? I look at it like this. None of these helicopters are perfect and just a few short years ago the micros did not even exisit. No one in the US can or will make these so it's up to China and low end factories to pump out all our toys we enjoy so much.
Just as much as flying these helis, I enjoy working on them too. I like to do mods to make improvements, figuring out how to diagnose problems, replace parts and go fly again. You've helped me the most out of all the guys on RC groups and I appreciate it very much. I remember when you were just about to take a hammer to your V120D05 but once I convinced you to get a better motor it quickly became your favorite.
I just wish you would keep the comments positive and cool down the anger.
So many times, with everything in my life. My "Negative" comments, which are viewed by me as reality. In other words. Not positive or negative to me in anyway. Just a fact of reality, as observed and then conveyed. Based in experience, and sometimes absolute fact. Most people view this as negative.

Otherwise, i think sometimes i direct too much of my anger at Walkera for their 200+ size helicopters that i forget that the D02S is probably the best micro class helicopter out there. Unfortunately i have the D05 to remind me that you can't trust them either. So the D02S was the best 3D capable micro heli out there. Until they put a 6 axis in it. But i'll keep away from the "negative" comments about that, and how bad i think it is too.

So, don't worry. I'm not mad or anything like that. But i have a passion for life and liberty. I love that anyone can choose to do whatever they like. I love that walkera can exist and do business like they do. I also love that i have the right to warn people about how they do business. But just like politics, health and anything else. It usually falls on deaf ears anyway. It really does boil down to one truth. You can't save anybody, ever. But you can educate them and hope they save them self. But i've said my peace over and over. So I've decided to just keep letting everyone fall into the money pit of a company that i feel is headed in a bad direction. I like the v120 size after all, but it's not like i can replace the RX on them anymore. So it's just time to sell and leave Walkera for me. I can't keep watching it happen to everyone anymore. That for me is painful. I'm glad i can help people turn things around with the D05. But really. It is painful to keep seeing people buy new ones... Still.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:21 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
I don't know much about these, but somehow i like walkera better (maybe the fact i have not flown a real trex or something, only made 1 450 myself grounds up, and loved it), but again as you said, the big birds can't be flown that much, unless you are staying in a farm.

I was already thinking about doing the D02s upgrade, however the only thing making me think about it twice is the drilling of the main gear. I don;t have any tools to drill it.

What would i need to drill it and is there a process of doing it?

- Dheeraj
You will need a drill and a drill bit index. OR a drill press. Typically i go from smallest to the final size, one size at a time. To make sure the hole stays straight and centered.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:55 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Well this seems to be beyond me for now, will have to stick with D05 parts for now i guess. Tell me, if i buy a D02s, can i put this RX i got for 2622 on it? and the OverSky motor on it?

If yes, then i guess it would make more sense to move on to that heli and upgrade than one instead of having the go on D05?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:14 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
Well this seems to be beyond me for now, will have to stick with D05 parts for now i guess. Tell me, if i buy a D02s, can i put this RX i got for 2622 on it? and the OverSky motor on it?

If yes, then i guess it would make more sense to move on to that heli and upgrade than one instead of having the go on D05?
That is up to you to decide if you want to switch over and leave the D05 behind. But yes you could actually just build the rest of the D02S helicopter yourself for very cheap. You can't use the motor you have with the current pinion though. You would have to buy a pinion puller and the right pinion. OR a pinion puller and a stock motor too. Or you could just buy a whole new D02S and a pinion puller. Whatever works best for you.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:16 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Today I broke the anti rotation bracket on d05 ... Anyway it can be fixed? I think I will buy a drill and stick with this heli itself, I guess I like the idea of belt driven version instead of tail gears (well this can change if I get emotional at some point in time)

Edit:
This happened after replacing the MS, the heli seems to spool up very nicly now without any major vibes, will check how it flys now, but don't know how temp. Measure can be taken to fix the anti rotation braket...
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Integrity,

I thought about the new heli, and then realized, its me who have to work on the heli to make it work like i want, even if i get a new heli, i will crash it, break it, who will make it fly then? can't keep buying new helis just cause i can't fix one ....

My love for this heli is back I CA'd the bracket and its flying like an angel now

Settings were all screwed up due to new RX, my bad i should have shown more patience, would have saved atleast 1 FS and tons of frustration

But its back in a very good shape now, very nice hover, but not hands free
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
While setting up the gain pot on the RX, i have to make it less than 50%, any more than that brings up oscillations. But this much gain seems to lack the tight hover and control, what should i check/do to be able to bring in more rx gain, without the ill effects?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:06 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
Integrity,

I thought about the new heli, and then realized, its me who have to work on the heli to make it work like i want, even if i get a new heli, i will crash it, break it, who will make it fly then? can't keep buying new helis just cause i can't fix one ....

My love for this heli is back I CA'd the bracket and its flying like an angel now

Settings were all screwed up due to new RX, my bad i should have shown more patience, would have saved atleast 1 FS and tons of frustration

But its back in a very good shape now, very nice hover, but not hands free
If you really fall into a bind drilling your gears and gear caps, you could always send me the money for a few gears. I'll order them, drill them and mail them to you. Of course all of this will cost a few extra dollars with shipping and everything, and some time. But it might just be less stressful. I'm sure if you get yourself a small drill bit index in the mm scale and a cheap drill or dremel tool you should be able to manage. Once you figure it out. I usually buy 5x main gears and spend a day drilling all of them out & the metal gear caps too. That way, when it's time, they are ready to install. Of course this is a process though. Another tool you might want to get is a small vise grip for your desk or something. They sell small ones that clamp on or bigger ones that you have to bolt on. for this the small ones are fine.