HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Ok, the video should now be visible. Will look forward to hear from you.

If i don't give any throttle input, I am able to move the servos with elev and aeliron inputs just fine, but this is looking strange.
dheerajjuneja is offline Find More Posts by dheerajjuneja
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:19 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
I watched the video and I see what the swash is doing.
Do you have all the trim tabs on the radio set at zero?
I think maybe you have something plugged in wrong. When you move the sticks do you get proper movement of the swash, pitch, and rudder servo?
When you move the stick forward the elevator servo should move down while the pitch and aileron servo move up. Are they moving this way?
Check the rudder servo for proper movement.
Check the tiny swich on the RX to make sure it's in the "work" position and not in the "adjust" position.

If that's not it, check the negative power coupling on the hyper drive........LOL

I doubt the RX is bad, it's got to be a plug in the wrong spot or the adjust switch or something. Keep trying because this new RX will really step up the way you fly.

Travis
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:25 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,894 Posts
Yes, i watched the video also. It made me think of one other thing. Always make sure your Gear switch is in the UP position when binding. Also, don't move the heli while the gyro is initializing. That is after plugging in the battery and the RX beeps. It will move the swash. If you are moving the helicopter while the RX moves the swash it will throw the gyros off. For some reason having the Gear switch in the down position has given me problems on my other helicopters too. It might not be your issue. Can't hurt though.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:05 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Thanks guys, i tried to re-connect servo wires, reset this model in Tx, and it seems that the tiltiing issue was still there. Then, i took out the RX and remounted the same ensuring that it was at 90 degree to the main shaft, it seems to have taken care of it mostly.

However, now the next issue, if i put the gyro gain on RX to anything more than 5 o'clock, the heli starts to wobble and crashes as it gets uncontrollable and with gyro at 5 o'clock the heli is very sensetive to cyclic inputs, what to do? I need the max gain with a bit less sensetive controls.

I have a lot of play in the main roto grips, is that normal? Kindly check this video and the image showing the current settings on the Rx.

Video:
Play in blades (0 min 18 sec)

Image:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:34 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Btw the wobble means heli moving left and right as if I am giving aileron inputs. I read somewhere that the aileron servo might have got stripped, otherwise I am not able to dial in any serious gyro gains and is making the heli very difficult to even take off as there is no stabilisation, the heli just goes left/right and hits the ground.

Any insights would be good.

Also, is there an alternative servo which can be used instead of walkera, anything from hobbyking.com?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:59 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,894 Posts
I can say right now, you have too much play in your feathering shaft. It looks like you don't even have the rubber dampers in there or they are really worn or something. The blades should not tilt that easily, and when they do they should spring right back from the rubber damper. You need to tighten up the rotor head. CP helicopters need to be mostly stiff and rigid between the blade grips. Some play is good, you have lots.

New feathering shafts should come with new rubber dampers i think. You can try replacing them and tightening everything again.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Mar 2006
24 Posts
Dheerajjuneja, always check your servos after a crash for any damage as in stripped gears. And before even attempting to take off, try to move the aileron and elevator on your tx to see if the servos respond as expected. If not then something is wrong and don't even try to lift off the ground. You're just asking for trouble if you do.
naruto is offline Find More Posts by naruto
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Hi, managed to get that play fixed and the wobble is not longer present. However, the heli is very very sensitive to aileron inputs. How can I tame it down?

It's so sensitive that I am not able to fly at all.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:31 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheerajjuneja View Post
Hi, managed to get that play fixed and the wobble is not longer present. However, the heli is very very sensitive to aileron inputs. How can I tame it down?

It's so sensitive that I am not able to fly at all.
check your servos are all operating. turn on throttle hold and move the collective stick. make sure they don't grind or jitter. Check wires again. also check your TX settings you may have changed trying to adjust for the wobble problem. Last thing you can try is just adding EXPO in the d/r & EXPO menu. Or reduce the D/r. Think of D/r like the maximum movement controlling and speed amplifier for the total movement of the stick. Think of EXPO like an added curve that will soften or sharpen the movement in the MIDDLE of the stick only. so Adding +EXPO will make the center softer and slower to react. adding -EXPO will make the middle sharper and quicker to react(more sensitive)
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Hi,

There is a constant sound of buzzing from a servo, is that called jitter and i think it's the aeileron servo.

I had reset the tx settings for this model, but am not able to get that tilt issue sorted out, yes, it seems it stopped momentarily, now it's back. The swash continuously tilts to left, even if I give it correction by giving right aileron stick input, it again slowly starts titling towards the left.

I can try a new servo, can you suggest if any servo from here would fit in:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ervo_0_5g.html
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Turn down th extent pot to around 10:00. If the movements are still too fast for you then turn it down some more.
The buzzing sound is normal and probably coming from the tail servo. Jitter is very obvious. It's when the servo jumps or moves unexpectedly. If your aileron servo was damaged during a crash you might have a jitter. This is when a tooth is broken off inside ther servo gear box. Best thing to do is change it out to a new one.
You should be able to spool up and genly lift off into a nice stable hover so there's something wrong with your heli if it won't do that.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Can you also post some still pictures of the RX and how you have it mounted? I can't see much in your videos other than a very loose feathering shaft.
Post some better pics and we can help you sort out the problems.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:38 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheerajjuneja View Post
Hi,

There is a constant sound of buzzing from a servo, is that called jitter and i think it's the aeileron servo.

I had reset the tx settings for this model, but am not able to get that tilt issue sorted out, yes, it seems it stopped momentarily, now it's back. The swash continuously tilts to left, even if I give it correction by giving right aileron stick input, it again slowly starts titling towards the left.

I can try a new servo, can you suggest if any servo from here would fit in:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ervo_0_5g.html
You can TRY those servos, but they don't have the little pins on the side of them like the walkera servos. So you might have to glue them in or something. You will have to modify them to make them work. But in theory a few of those servos will work if you make them fit the frame. The best thing is usually just replacing the servo gears. They are cheap from oomodel.com. I don't like the web site much, but they seem reliable for those gears, and thats about been it for me anyway.

I don't know how to advise you. Please don't crash because of what i say. But sometimes just lifting it off into the air will offer an answer, or the gyro will just auto correct and everything will be fine. I don't want you to crash because of this. But sometimes 3 axis gyros work funny. They don't like being on the ground getting weird feedback or having the cyclic moved until it's in a hover. All of those things can confuse the gyro and make it do these kinds of weird things. Again, be careful. If you try the "hell with it" approach and try to lift off. Do it over soft grass or something and use a small pad or something to take off from. I don't know what else i can tell you to try without more input or actually being there.

Again, always make sure the GEAR switch is UP not DOWN when you bind the heli.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:51 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Hi Integrity,

Yesterday i tried that "hell with it" approach and it didn;t helped resulted in a hard crash.

But what i saw today was something different, the stablizer had only 1 arm on it, where is the second arm? i don't know.

I had ordered a spare stablizer reading that it explodes, so i will try putting it in. I tried to remove the blades and see if there is any issue with the vibrations, but even without the blades the result was the same.

May be the stablizer arm was already broken before it vanished, causing this swash plate movement. Will update you here soon.

I am on the verge of leaving this heli for good, if i am not able to make it work which i honestly don't want, not after investing heavily in trying to make it work ....
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:54 AM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Can you also post some still pictures of the RX and how you have it mounted? I can't see much in your videos other than a very loose feathering shaft.
Post some better pics and we can help you sort out the problems.
Travis, sure, there is a link just below the video showing the RX settings and how its placed, will try to post some more videos and pictures after replacing the stabzlier (i hope it fixes the issue with swash plate).
Site Sponsor