HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:37 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
0.4m Pinion, 10t

Get it with a 1.5mm Drill hole and 3mm width. Brass naturally, not Polyacetal.

You will have to get them to invoice you. After trying to order the pinion i wanted a few times, the next day i had an invoice in my email from them. Their paypal system is screwed for international so they have to invoice. Once invoiced they will use your paypal address i suppose. But their website won't let you use their address system for mailing. It bugs out about your state or something and there is no "state" field to fill in.
you found it! thanks! unfortunately i cant order anything at the moment. pretty soon i am leaving to san diego to start my life over there; house and job and all. pretty nervous about this. i am taking my helis and tools, my laptop my pillow and a few blankets and driving over there in my kia from north carolina. wish me luck fellas.
anyways, getting back on track, i wont be able to order parts or anything untill i esetablish a new residency.
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:06 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
you found it! thanks! unfortunately i cant order anything at the moment. pretty soon i am leaving to san diego to start my life over there; house and job and all. pretty nervous about this. i am taking my helis and tools, my laptop my pillow and a few blankets and driving over there in my kia from north carolina. wish me luck fellas.
anyways, getting back on track, i wont be able to order parts or anything untill i esetablish a new residency.
Wow, big change huh.. I guess you got a job lined up? Good luck! I guess that is just as nice as any place to go with a new job. But it's going to be a whole new world from NC. Unless things have changed since the last time i was there. I was booked up there once for a weekend at some clubs. It was a lot of fun. During the day all i remember is how crazy nice everyone was in NC. You walked into a freaking gas station and people were smiling and nice. I've thought about moving there for a while just because of that. Has to be something to it right? But then i decided that the grass is always greener and just stayed put.

Hope it works out for you. I take we we won't be hearing from you for about a week while you drive over? The good news is that by driving you can avoid having your health, civil and god given rights to your person and property as well as the right to defend yourself violated at the air port by the TSA. Thats a plus! Way to fight the system by voting with your dollars! (sarcasm implied, i know thats not why.) I won't fly commercial anymore either!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
(Paraphrased: Those who give up freedom for security, in the end will have neither!)
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:02 AM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
I have some .32 inch solder wire that fits perfectly through the main gear pin hole. This is the same size aluminum wire I ordered for the sheer pin. That site called it .32 inch or 20 gauge. For $3 shipped it's no big deal if it doesn't work out but I thought I would give it a try.

Integrity, you should get that motor in a day or so. Hope you can rob the shaft out of it and make yours work again.
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:17 AM
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
397 Posts
be careful with the soft wire. Used jewelers grade copper 18gage and it didnt shear clean. Had to cut the gear off. I was using tooth picks but now I am using oak slivers.
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:24 AM
Joined Apr 2011
397 Posts
Just got my 2S so now I will see how it compares to the M120 and D05. Love how stable the M120 is but the Tail on the D05 can realy take a beating. Have the TA 215 in both but I can find the wk version of the 2622. I been lurking this and the M120 thread, love all the stuff thats being done.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:04 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
I have some .32 inch solder wire that fits perfectly through the main gear pin hole. This is the same size aluminum wire I ordered for the sheer pin. That site called it .32 inch or 20 gauge. For $3 shipped it's no big deal if it doesn't work out but I thought I would give it a try.

Integrity, you should get that motor in a day or so. Hope you can rob the shaft out of it and make yours work again.
Oh, i thought you got the sample pack. It said it had 8-16 AWG but not any higher. Thats why i thought you'd be disappointed. Thanks for the motor! I have been curious to take a look at that thing anyway to see why its not working anymore. I'd like to think it could be fixed. We'll see. If not It's at least good for the shaft i'm sure. How cool would it be if wow hobbies says they will replace it and i end up being able fix your motor! We both win

Now are the gods in our favor?
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Wow, big change huh.. I guess you got a job lined up? Good luck! I guess that is just as nice as any place to go with a new job. But it's going to be a whole new world from NC. Unless things have changed since the last time i was there. I was booked up there once for a weekend at some clubs. It was a lot of fun. During the day all i remember is how crazy nice everyone was in NC. You walked into a freaking gas station and people were smiling and nice. I've thought about moving there for a while just because of that. Has to be something to it right? But then i decided that the grass is always greener and just stayed put.

Hope it works out for you. I take we we won't be hearing from you for about a week while you drive over? The good news is that by driving you can avoid having your health, civil and god given rights to your person and property as well as the right to defend yourself violated at the air port by the TSA. Thats a plus! Way to fight the system by voting with your dollars! (sarcasm implied, i know thats not why.) I won't fly commercial anymore either!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
(Paraphrased: Those who give up freedom for security, in the end will have neither!)
yeah, nothing worse than security checkpoints in the airport. and the lines....
constitutionaly though, not much expectation of privacy can be expected at airports so long as drugs, weapons and plants and animals from other countries and states are illegal. feels like they take it overboard though when they make us get rid of our nail clippers, shampoo, toothpaste, water and lighters.

actualy, i would be flying if it were not because i need my car out there for obviouse reasons. and i dont have a job lined up, so its going to be a huge financial risk, but i do have some savings to help me out. i am not a fan of north carolina weather, i like dry heat like in the desert. where i am at is near cherry point air base usmc. i like cities and different cultures and beaches and public transportation and where i am at they do not have this. i have lived, at least for some time; in colombia (south america), puerto rico, fort lauderdale, boston, south carolina, north carolina, quantico, afghanistan, kyrgistan and mt. fuji japan and by far my favorite weather was, surprisingly, afghanistan. because i have moved so much in my time, especialy with the military, i want somewhere where i can finaly stay put and be able to enjoy the weather nearly everyday (i am not a fan of cold, humidity and rain, and i have had plenty of all of those at extremes).

i hear great things about san diego, and if i dont do this move now i will probably never get this opportunity again. its not an easy thing to do and i am taking a leap of faith on this.

as for going online, i got my cell phone internet. i just wont be as active though because i will have alot going on. these are interesting times in the heli world. we have a new slipper clutch out, v120d02s/d05 hybrids, the devo radio looks like is on the verge of being hacked to fly all walkeras and even other brand helicopters. I cant wait to see what is coming on about in the upcoming year.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:18 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
yeah, nothing worse than security checkpoints in the airport. and the lines....
constitutionaly though, not much expectation of privacy can be expected at airports so long as drugs, weapons and plants and animals from other countries and states are illegal. feels like they take it overboard though when they make us get rid of our nail clippers, shampoo, toothpaste, water and lighters.

actualy, i would be flying if it were not because i need my car out there for obviouse reasons. and i dont have a job lined up, so its going to be a huge financial risk, but i do have some savings to help me out. i am not a fan of north carolina weather, i like dry heat like in the desert. where i am at is near cherry point air base usmc. i like cities and different cultures and beaches and public transportation and where i am at they do not have this. i have lived, at least for some time; in colombia (south america), puerto rico, fort lauderdale, boston, south carolina, north carolina, quantico, afghanistan, kyrgistan and mt. fuji japan and by far my favorite weather was, surprisingly, afghanistan. because i have moved so much in my time, especialy with the military, i want somewhere where i can finaly stay put and be able to enjoy the weather nearly everyday (i am not a fan of cold, humidity and rain, and i have had plenty of all of those at extremes).

i hear great things about san diego, and if i dont do this move now i will probably never get this opportunity again. its not an easy thing to do and i am taking a leap of faith on this.

as for going online, i got my cell phone internet. i just wont be as active though because i will have alot going on. these are interesting times in the heli world. we have a new slipper clutch out, v120d02s/d05 hybrids, the devo radio looks like is on the verge of being hacked to fly all walkeras and even other brand helicopters. I cant wait to see what is coming on about in the upcoming year.
Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace (1 min 54 sec)

You are taking a big risk man. I kind of envy you for it though! I hope it works out for you. San Diego should be really nice weather! Your going to like it there i think. It's not as dry as some of the other places you've been. It's sooooo sticky and miserable here right now. The only good thing about it is i don't have to worry AT ALL about static discharge on my helicopters. All these belt drive helicopters have an issue with static sometimes when it's really dry. I'm kind of hoping that devo hack works out too. That sounds cool. But right now i'm honestly trying to get away from Walkera stuff. I really want to fly a nice 450 and the V450 is pretty much a train wreck for me. I've upgraded and modified and cried every time it has an electronic failure and crashes even with a hobbywing ESC and savox servos. I don't think i've had a "OOPS!!" and crashed with it yet. It's always a failure. But i really don't have the money to get a nice DX8 or something else like that. So i'm kind of stuck trying to make the V450 work. I suppose i could have worse problems.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Aug 08, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Hey Jon,

"Clearprop" lives and flys in San Diego. H'es not on the threads much these days but you can look back on the 4F180 thread and find him there. Send him an IM and see where he's flying. I actually bought my first D05 from him and then his 4F180. I think he's got a Blade 250 or something like that now. Cool guy, look him up.

I found a machine shop in San Antonio that should be able to make that longer main shaft we need for the M120/D02s. I have not had time to take the parts over there and get them started but maybe early next week I can get to it. I'll let you know what they say and order a few extras for you. This shaft is all that stand in my way from making good improvments to the M120 or just letting it sit for decoration.

Good luck with your move!
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:15 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,262 Posts
Quote:
Hey Jon,

"Clearprop" lives and flys in San Diego. H'es not on the threads much these days but you can look back on the 4F180 thread and find him there. Send him an IM and see where he's flying. I actually bought my first D05 from him and then his 4F180. I think he's got a Blade 250 or something like that now. Cool guy, look him up.

I found a machine shop in San Antonio that should be able to make that longer main shaft we need for the M120/D02s. I have not had time to take the parts over there and get them started but maybe early next week I can get to it. I'll let you know what they say and order a few extras for you. This shaft is all that stand in my way from making good improvments to the M120 or just letting it sit for decoration.

Good luck with your move!
What kind of shaft are you looking for? I don't watch the m120 thread, but viking just mentioned something to me last week about an upgrade he did on his to the v120d02S rotor head?
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Apr 2011
397 Posts
I would like to order some also Travis
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Viking's mod sounds pretty good but I'm not sold on the teflon tape used as a spacer for the stock or stay true shaft. I have the stay true shaft now and the pin hole is too large and has slop. I also want to use the D02s main gear so without modding the gear and head I would simply rather make a shaft that is the right size and length. You can't simply use the D02s main shaft on the M120 because it's too short. I'm going to get this machine shop to make me some that are perfect.

If I pull this off I'll be sure to let everyone know who is interested. ......
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:49 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,262 Posts
Quote:
Viking's mod sounds pretty good but I'm not sold on the teflon tape used as a spacer for the stock or stay true shaft. I have the stay true shaft now and the pin hole is too large and has slop. I also want to use the D02s main gear so without modding the gear and head I would simply rather make a shaft that is the right size and length. You can't simply use the D02s main shaft on the M120 because it's too short. I'm going to get this machine shop to make me some that are perfect.

If I pull this off I'll be sure to let everyone know who is interested. ......
Just FYI, teflon tape or "PTFE thread tape" is actually a lubricant. The basis of teflon alone is used in many dry lubrication applications such as bike chains and helicopter tail steering sliders. So while i'd guess the tape will eventually wear out. I'm positive it will have enough self lubrication to last quite a few flights. Assuming it will rub in the bearings or something? not sure what he did.

Of course i have not looked at his mod, but i am just assuming from what you have said and what i have gathered (since i don't have a m120). He must be using the tape to expand the size of the shaft to fit?? if the only points of contact are the inside the main gear and inside the rotor head. The only problem i can expect is the possibility of a "off center" shaft. Causing vibes or who knows what with the gyro. It would make leveling the swash a little tricky too maybe.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Aug 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:23 AM
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Thanks for the well wishes fellas, stay cool!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:39 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,262 Posts
Extreme Spin 16,300kv

When I got my Extreme spin motor I had nothing good to say about it after trying it in both my V120 size helicopters. I can honestly say though, I have underestimated the Extreme spin 16,300 motor! The motor I received came to me from the factory with motor wires and pins to fit the stock type ESC plug. WELL!!! The pins on were not tined, that is to say, that the pins were not prepared properly with solder before trying to attach them to the wire. They were basically held on there with the shrink wrap

The Extreme spin 16,300kv motor is in fact VERY viable for the V120d05 (after i resoldered it) Though the Turbo Ace 215 is still in my opinion the "Pro" motor. While the Extreme spin will be entitled as the "Sport" model. It still walks the stock motor to the park and makes it squat! Thats for sure. It ain't picking up after it either!

Here are some of todays flights (08/13/12):

V120d05CS-Sport - Test Flight #1 - Repaired wires on Extreme Spin motor (8 min 1 sec)

v120d05CS-Sport - Test Flight #2 Extreme spin 16,300 (7 min 15 sec)