HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:20 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Again, if you can find the D05 for $99 and replace the RX with a Devo compatible 2622, head and main shaft, and new motor, she will really rock!
That's good to know.
Thanks.
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=10150

Are there 2 versions of the 120D02? (D02 & D02S)
And what's the difference vs the older one if so?
Oops I found it
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Jul 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:00 AM
Registered User
Travis MCH's Avatar
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
There are three versions now of the V120D02. There's the orgiginal D02, the D02s and now the "newD02s"

I'm aware of only one version of the D05 even though Ehirobo sells what they call the V2
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:15 AM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
----
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:19 AM
Registered User
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
There are three versions now of the V120D02. There's the orgiginal D02, the D02s and now the "newD02s"

I'm aware of only one version of the D05 even though Ehirobo sells what they call the V2
the v2 simply has better skids with rubber nuts on them as I understood it. Also, apparently, the motor pinion has more teeth than the v1.


http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1370205
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:23 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,294 Posts
Wow , the NEW D02S flies pretty good.
6 Axis Gyro Walkera V120D02S Dusk time 3D (3 min 57 sec)
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:18 PM
Registered User
Travis MCH's Avatar
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
I've seen that guy Ali fly several Walkeras all in that same place. I've wondered where he is flying over that huge concrete slab or run way or whatever it is. You can see what looks like some kind of reactor or factory in the background. I even saw him fly a V450D01 out over the water, come in and do an inverted blade scrape on the concrete. He's a good pilot but obvously not flying in this video. You can hear a girl talking in the background so his girlfriend or wife must be flying the D02s this time.
Pretty cool sun set.

Check out his videos on youtube, there's a ton of them.
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:29 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Wow , the NEW D02S flies pretty good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98vmtex95D4&feature=plcp
ali will make any heli fly awesome;that guys got skills, rythm and technique... and a signature voice.
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:13 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,294 Posts
LOL, everytime I watch ALI's YT videos, & my wife hear his voice, she goes... " girl flying RC's?
Same thing when I watch Pete's (BH) VIDEOS, she'd ask me the same thing.
Wonder if they are related or twins
BTW, my 130X's tail also became problematic after the second flight. HH still has it for repair. That's the reason I'm going WalkeraD02S route for this size.
BTW, thanks to everyone.
I will now direct my posts where it should be - 120D02S
I will be practicing a lot on the sim while waiting (D02S is now on transit ).
- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Jul 30, 2012 at 02:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:10 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
If you ever want to sell that AR7200BX off your 300X you can let me know. I might be interested if the price is right.
I know that this is an old post, but I want to correct my own error anyway.
I apologize, I meant my Blade 130X is a piece of garbage (not 300X). It's all over the net regarding the problematic 130X's tail. Yes it's fixable, but so many different fixes/opinions from different owners regarding one same problem . I will fix my 130X when I get it back from HH. I just want them to know that the engineering design needs some improvement. Product support doesn't think (?) there is an "on-going" issue with it & continuous to sell them to consumers without further "action", other than sending them free parts or replacements with their "no known 130X issue".
Anyway, my 300X flies nice out of the box.
I fly both the mCPX & the 300X pretty much everyday (15-20 flights/day).
I started inverted flights on the mCPX yesterday.
Lots & lots of sim practice this past 2-3 days. Very limited fix wings flying lately.
The new 120D02S will probably my favorite to fly due to the size and place where I fly. Might receive it by next week or so.
-Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Aug 02, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:07 PM
Registered User
Travis MCH's Avatar
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
I have some .032 inch diameter light duty 60/40 rosin core solder wire that fits PERFECTLY through the main gear to shaft hole. I was thinking this woudl be perfect to use for a sheer pin. It's pretty flexible but seems like it woudl be strong enought to hold the gear on the shaft but still break under the stress of a crash.

Any thoughts on this? I guess all I can do is try it but wondered if anyone has used this wire yet.

Thanks
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 11:14 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
I have some .032 inch diameter light duty 60/40 rosin core solder wire that fits PERFECTLY through the main gear to shaft hole. I was thinking this woudl be perfect to use for a sheer pin. It's pretty flexible but seems like it woudl be strong enought to hold the gear on the shaft but still break under the stress of a crash.

Any thoughts on this? I guess all I can do is try it but wondered if anyone has used this wire yet.

Thanks
Solder would be too soft and probably break easy under normal stress and rotor load. But you can give it a shot. The paper clip seems to work best for me. Just don't get the hard shiny ones. Aluminum stock would be best i think. I just have not looked for anywhere to get it. I think there might be some at my local hardware store. Maybe i'll check that out.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:08 AM
Registered User
Travis MCH's Avatar
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
I found this site,

http://www.whimsie.com/aluminum%20cr...w#anchor333030

I ordred a sample of the soft aluminum wire so I'm going to try it out as a sheer pin and hopefully cut down on the amount of gears I go through. Since I have to drill out every gear to fit the D02s shaft I don't like to replace them any more than I have to. It's not easy to drill that hole perfectly without a press but I've gotten pretty good at it. I've also had the center hub crack up on a crash so if this new wire seems like it works well I'll re-inforce the hub too.
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:19 AM
Registered User
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
I found this site,

http://www.whimsie.com/aluminum%20cr...w#anchor333030

I ordred a sample of the soft aluminum wire so I'm going to try it out as a sheer pin and hopefully cut down on the amount of gears I go through. Since I have to drill out every gear to fit the D02s shaft I don't like to replace them any more than I have to. It's not easy to drill that hole perfectly without a press but I've gotten pretty good at it. I've also had the center hub crack up on a crash so if this new wire seems like it works well I'll re-inforce the hub too.

here is an option that worked for me temporarily but had to remove because of circumstance.
what i did was take the "top" part of the d05 gear off intact (it was already drilled out to fit the d02s shaft, i took it off a busted gear). then, i removed the "top" part of the d02s gear. i then put the two peaces together (top of d05 and bottom of d02s) by drilling three small holes on the gear and matching the two pieces together by way of screws. Also, i swapped the d02s pinion and put it on the 215 motor. It was not a quick job flattening and leveling out the gear parts to match up smooth but the setup worked great untill i messed up the gear by putting an overtly tight holding pin inside. i had to destroy the gear to get to the pin in the shaft and then some. This is like the third gear i have had to destroy because of negligence of insterting a large pin or screw in the pin holes. I cant seem to find a perfect size. I am also going to order what you ordered and see how it works out for me.

at the moment, i went back to the d05 gear (drilled out and base modified by integrityhndwx) and swapped the pinion back to stock on the motor. So far so good. I will probably go back to the d02s/d05 gear hybrid in the future and do a cleaner job but at the moment I am short a d02s pinion (i was negligent with the one i had and kind of ruined it). I dont know where to find any at the moment.
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:20 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
I found this site,

http://www.whimsie.com/aluminum%20cr...w#anchor333030

I ordred a sample of the soft aluminum wire so I'm going to try it out as a sheer pin and hopefully cut down on the amount of gears I go through. Since I have to drill out every gear to fit the D02s shaft I don't like to replace them any more than I have to. It's not easy to drill that hole perfectly without a press but I've gotten pretty good at it. I've also had the center hub crack up on a crash so if this new wire seems like it works well I'll re-inforce the hub too.
Okay, thats pretty cool stuff. Wire is probably going to be softer than aluminum stock, most likely. Not really sure about that. However!! Looking at the sample pack you ordered, you might be disappointed. I'm sorry to say. But you are on the right track!

Don't get me wrong. This stuff will probably work but you ordered the wrong stuff. What your looking for would have been a AWG (American Wire Gauge) conversion to the stock mounting pin which is measured in MM. The 1mm mounting pin would be approx. 18 AWG maybe 19 or some where around there depending how snug/loose you want it to fit. I would recommend the pin be a little loose if you want it to sheer easier. With aluminum you might be able to bend the ends in opposite directions to keep the pin in. But bending the pin in 2 spots strengthens the center of the pin inside the hub. It's best to leave it long and straight to keep the center weak. At least that is what i do with my paper clip pins. Then i put a dab of CA on each side and go flying.

EDIT:
DOH! i was just looking at that site and it even has a wire size conversion chart into standard and metric. I hope you got the right stuff anyway. Good luck!

As for the reinforced gear. I can send you one if you want. You have sent me stuff so it's the least i can do.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Aug 07, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:28 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
here is an option that worked for me temporarily but had to remove because of circumstance.
what i did was take the "top" part of the d05 gear off intact (it was already drilled out to fit the d02s shaft, i took it off a busted gear). then, i removed the "top" part of the d02s gear. i then put the two peaces together (top of d05 and bottom of d02s) by drilling three small holes on the gear and matching the two pieces together by way of screws. Also, i swapped the d02s pinion and put it on the 215 motor. It was not a quick job flattening and leveling out the gear parts to match up smooth but the setup worked great untill i messed up the gear by putting an overtly tight holding pin inside. i had to destroy the gear to get to the pin in the shaft and then some. This is like the third gear i have had to destroy because of negligence of insterting a large pin or screw in the pin holes. I cant seem to find a perfect size. I am also going to order what you ordered and see how it works out for me.

at the moment, i went back to the d05 gear (drilled out and base modified by integrityhndwx) and swapped the pinion back to stock on the motor. So far so good. I will probably go back to the d02s/d05 gear hybrid in the future and do a cleaner job but at the moment I am short a d02s pinion (i was negligent with the one i had and kind of ruined it). I dont know where to find any at the moment.

0.4m Pinion, 10t



Get it with a 1.5mm Drill hole and 3mm width. Brass naturally, not Polyacetal.

You will have to get them to invoice you. After trying to order the pinion i wanted a few times, the next day i had an invoice in my email from them. Their paypal system is screwed for international so they have to invoice. Once invoiced they will use your paypal address i suppose. But their website won't let you use their address system for mailing. It bugs out about your state or something and there is no "state" field to fill in.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Belt-driven tail FP helis? APJudson Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 47 Oct 17, 2010 03:22 PM
Question Shaft Driven or Belt Driven 4WD? deathstar Car Talk 5 Dec 04, 2009 06:38 AM
Discussion Motor driven tail rotor spin the same as belt driven tail? BowerR64 Micro Helis 4 Mar 18, 2008 12:53 AM