1,217 Posts
Just tried, no difference.
lazor 22 is offline Find More Posts by lazor 22
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2010, 01:16 AM
Tokyo
Joined Sep 2009
446 Posts
In my case, though two was repaired by this operation???
Tipstar is offline Find More Posts by Tipstar
Old Dec 30, 2010, 07:04 AM
Massachusetts
Joined Jun 2008
1,715 Posts
I just built my ÁRondo'd v120d02 and after I was done I went through the setup with no issues. The next day when I powered up the heli the left aileron servo is jumping around, sometimes moving to it's full extent and locking up. Maybe walkera is building their servos like they build their new helis, no quality testing. I will be pulling the servo later to see if I can find the issue.....
ForceFedDSM is offline Find More Posts by ForceFedDSM
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:08 AM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
I'm putting in blue arrow 05010MG servos all the way around.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:17 AM
Italian Ice
Florida/ Hollywood
Joined Mar 2009
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
I'm putting in blue arrow 05010MG servos all the way around.
I wish Walkera would do a true bare bones version.

I couldnt find too much info on those servos. Are they really good?
ItalianIce is offline Find More Posts by ItalianIce
Old Dec 30, 2010, 01:25 PM
Joined Dec 2010
9 Posts
Just got this from Walkera of America.

Quote:
Hi Joe,

Walkera is known to release "Beta" versions before the "actual production" starts. It's very hard if not impossible for end-users to know one from the other. We have advanced 3D pilots test fly all newly released helicopter before we list them on our website. As you know overseas vendors are more desperate to get your business so they will ship what ever that is available without any approval process.

There are already 2 versions "Beta#1" & "Beta#2" and neither one is shippable. Meam wjo;e. we have made our own modifications on the V120D05 and it will be ready to ship when we get the parts to modify them in quantity. We are not sure when Walkera will have a shippable version. We have been stuck with the first V120D05 shipment for a little over a week because they didn't fly right.

You will not get any response if you try to contact Walkera of China.

Thanks for contacting us.
Jskrapper is offline Find More Posts by Jskrapper
Last edited by Jskrapper; Dec 30, 2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: to clarify quote
Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:03 PM
Consumer of Toast
USA, NY, Ashville
Joined Nov 2010
256 Posts
Hmmmmm?

First off, I have to say that I just love all of this walkera drama. Its part of what makes owning and buying them "fun". I do not have, nor do i have plans to buy the v120d05. I appreciate all of the "testing and R&D" that you guys do on these little guys it really helps folks like me that dont have the time or resources to do it themselvs. I had a thought that may help the early adopters of this D05 get it to fly a bit better.
Please dont burn me toooo bad if I am totally off base, but the problem seems to be that we need a better gear ratio? So the easiest way to do this without having CNC, injection molding, and or manufacturing equiptment is to make the main drive gear have a larger "area" where the tail belt meets it. Ideally a bigger tail drive gear? But this is not an ideal situation. can we rap something such as a small rubberband around the current area to increase its size and thus bringing us closer to that ideal 4.5-1 ratio? A rubber band? really? I know seems silly but my thought is that you could flip the tail belt and also put a rubber band on the tail pully, not to change its size but to provide friction. In my mind atleast this should provide enough friction so that the belt would have "traction" to atleast see if this infact is the problem.
Thats just my 2 1/2 cents.
Again thanks to all you guys for these threads on the 4g6's,v120's and such.
KrazyKoots is offline Find More Posts by KrazyKoots
Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:26 PM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
Well it's good to know they are supposedly working on a fix. RC711 said they would offer discount v2 parts to the people who bought a v1.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:28 PM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianIce View Post
I wish Walkera would do a true bare bones version.

I couldnt find too much info on those servos. Are they really good?

Ampdraw has them in his, he says they are great 5.99 grams with wire I believe. They are MG too so that's good. I'm about to order from here,

http://www.hobbyclub.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1176
Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:38 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKoots View Post
First off, I have to say that I just love all of this walkera drama. Its part of what makes owning and buying them "fun". I do not have, nor do i have plans to buy the v120d05. I appreciate all of the "testing and R&D" that you guys do on these little guys it really helps folks like me that dont have the time or resources to do it themselvs. I had a thought that may help the early adopters of this D05 get it to fly a bit better.
Please dont burn me toooo bad if I am totally off base, but the problem seems to be that we need a better gear ratio? So the easiest way to do this without having CNC, injection molding, and or manufacturing equiptment is to make the main drive gear have a larger "area" where the tail belt meets it. Ideally a bigger tail drive gear? But this is not an ideal situation. can we rap something such as a small rubberband around the current area to increase its size and thus bringing us closer to that ideal 4.5-1 ratio? A rubber band? really? I know seems silly but my thought is that you could flip the tail belt and also put a rubber band on the tail pully, not to change its size but to provide friction. In my mind atleast this should provide enough friction so that the belt would have "traction" to atleast see if this infact is the problem.
Thats just my 2 1/2 cents.
Again thanks to all you guys for these threads on the 4g6's,v120's and such.

I maybe wrong but is this not a toothed belt and pulley system. And if the motor already doesn't seem to have the power to even fly it right taking more power from the motor to drive the tail faster isn't going to help matters any..
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:00 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Yea, i cant really see this heli really becoming anything other than a money pit to get it to fly. It doesn't have the power to fly in a 1s setup, The electronics seems to be a problem, and the cog is off causing you to have the swash plate far from level just to get it to hover and fly extremely slow forward flight. I think that walkera should just can the belt driven tail and just design another TT tail for this heli. That would probably make the cog better and then just get a hp08 motor and fly it. But i cant see paying the asking price if it cant do what it says it can without any mods at all. It does look nice but looks mean nothing really.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:05 PM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
They are money pits if you don't know what your getting in to IMO like I was with my 4g6. I bought this with every intention of upgrading it near the start.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:11 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Yea i understand that and i hope you get all the bugs figured out and get it flying great. Good Luck..
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:49 PM
Italian Ice
Florida/ Hollywood
Joined Mar 2009
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskrapper View Post
Just got this from Walkera of America.

we have made our own modifications on the V120D05 and it will be ready to ship when we get the parts to modify them in quantity.

Jskrapper,

So youre getting the v120d05s up to par? Awesome... What company do you represent?
ItalianIce is offline Find More Posts by ItalianIce
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:58 PM
Joined Dec 2010
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianIce View Post
Jskrapper,

So youre getting the v120d05s up to par? Awesome... What company do you represent?
I am an average "Joe" I do not represent any company. I was just mad that no vendors were taking any initiative to get a direct response from Walkera themselves. Or if they got the response, they kept us in the dark.
Jskrapper is offline Find More Posts by Jskrapper