HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:04 AM
Joined Jun 2010
12 Posts
Help!
Flt Ctrl Dead after update

Hey guys,
So here i am, playing around with the new hexa, when i am in kopter tool and decide to set the mixer.
Unfortunately the new version of kopter tool is not compatibile with my FC (V.2.1) , and i need to update the firmware i am told.
So i download the new hex firmware file for the FC and load it up in the terminal window.

Flight-Ctrl_MEGA1284p_V0_82b.hex

i see something like "FLASH Erase ........... ERROR"

in the text. and then a few more bits and then NOTHING.

My FC is dead! i cannot seem to do anything with it.
Has anyone done this before? know a remedy?, i see someone else has done so at least i am not the only one! but neither of us seem to know the answer

Any Help?

I am now not getting any communication with the flt Ctrl, only "connected to terminal 2s5" which is the MKUSB.
kingruar is offline Find More Posts by kingruar
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:40 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
This may be of help. Taken from http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MikroKopter-Tool

Update failed?
If an update failed or was interrupted during the transfer, the program in the controller is damaged. Sometimes the FC makes a continuous beeping
don't panic: the bootloder is still active
If a new update is not possible, you can do the following steps:
•connect the PCB directly to the MKUSB via the flat cable (don't use wireless link). Note: for BL-Ctrl use the side connection of the MKUSB. •disconnect the Jumper of the MKUSB •Select the file in the KopterTool ans start the update
•Now install the Jumper during the dots "..." are displayed
•Directly after startup the bootloader in the MikroKopter-Electronic starts for 1/2 second - it now recognises the update-command of the KopterTool and the Update is possible
•Try again if this failed - it is a question of timing
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer