HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2003, 08:34 AM
RCAPA Member #39
Near Elmira Regional, New York, United States
Joined Mar 2003
526 Posts
www.towerhobbies.com bad customer support!

Well my mom placed an order for me, and she made one big mistakes, she ordered a Tower .46 engine, i wanted TT .46.
So i called towerhobbies today, (two times)
The first time,
I gave the lady my customer number and she said the order was shipped out, and there is nothing she could do. So i asked if she could call fedex and cancel the order, she said no. Then I asked if i can just don't accept the order, and she said a big OK, no problem. All the time I talked to her she was so unfriendly!
Then I called fedex, they said (friendly) that said I should call back in two hours so that the shipment would be in the system.
Then I called them the second time, asked agian that if their's anything they could do, again an unfriendly no, and then i asked again if I can just not accept the shipment, and she said NO or otherwise i couldn't order with them anymore. I said ok, and said bye bye. she just hung up!

I am really not statisfied with their customer support, and really don't think they want to have statisfied customers, all they want is the $$$$. If this problem won't fix, I won't shop there anymore This is the third time i unstatisfied!

Hobbypeople.net are so much better! (Deleivered always my products in less than 3 days) and Friendly customer support!

-Nik
Nik-rc is offline Find More Posts by Nik-rc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2003, 11:26 AM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
It is very easy to return "new" items to Tower. Here is the info off the website.

>>>
RETURNING MERCHANDISE

Complete instructions for returning merchandise are printed on the back of your Tower Hobbies invoice. Please carefully read those instructions if you need to return an item. We will accept merchandise for return that was purchased from Tower Hobbies within 30 days of receipt. There is no restocking fee for qualified returns. The merchandise must be in new and unused condition and in its original packaging. Mounting and running fuel through a model engine, installing radio parts in a model, cutting up balsa sheets in kits, installing software or discarding the packing material are some examples of what constitutes used merchandise. We do not accept returns via COD or billed to Tower Hobbies in any way.
<<<

Todd
Todd Long is offline Find More Posts by Todd Long
Old Jul 21, 2003, 01:44 PM
FAA
Master Model Collector
Connecticut, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,143 Posts
Tower Hobbies support is excellent !

Probably the best out there.

All you have to do is wait for the order to show up and then return it and they will refund you.

Sounds to me like you are not being very patient here.

Mommy made an honest mistake, and you are creating a bigger problem than there is.

Patience my young apprentice ... Don't go into the Dark Side so quickly !
FAA is offline Find More Posts by FAA