SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:11 AM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
Hi Bill,

Do you know if the GPSSpeed data in the log file is "ground speed" (x-y only) or a full 3d velocity estimate (x-y-z).

Thanks.
jack_rogers is offline Find More Posts by jack_rogers
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 08:45 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Aug 2011
51 Posts
I recap tow questions I made in other topics because probably this is the most appropriate topic:
1) Can an external battery monitored on the temp1 (temp2 and 3 are connected to the CPD-4)?
2) Can a spektrum receiver be connected to the USB port for signal quality monitoring (the gps port is connected to the gps module)?

Many thanks.

Alessandro
alexvan is offline Find More Posts by alexvan
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:23 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi,

Presently, an external battery cannot be monitored as described. And,the spektrum receiver cannot be monitored when GPS is used (but we are working on a solution for both of these features).
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 31, 2011, 05:25 AM
Joined Oct 2010
20 Posts
Dear,

does anyone have a drawing or photo for the connection of the eagle tree?

I have a mentor (multiplex) with Futaba T12 transmitter
I use the, FY-20A stabilization,

thanks,

julian
Amsterdam
Julian Amsterdam is offline Find More Posts by Julian Amsterdam
Old Sep 03, 2011, 11:39 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Amsterdam View Post
Dear,

does anyone have a drawing or photo for the connection of the eagle tree?

I have a mentor (multiplex) with Futaba T12 transmitter
I use the, FY-20A stabilization,

thanks,

julian
Amsterdam

Look here http://www.rcgroups.com/eagle-tree-systems-443/

or here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1286603

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:28 PM
Joined Jun 2009
61 Posts
Hi guys, I just wired up my V4 and OSD with Gps..everything appears ok on my goggles but I can't seem to get it to connect with the pc on Windows7. I installed the software ok but when I connect the USB it won't recognise it, the v4 gives 3 flashes and the driver appears to have installed automatically but when I checked device manager it shows E logger V3 with a warning triangle next to it. I clicked the icon and re-installed the driver which windows said is now ok but the "E logger V3" is not there after this is done!
Any ideas?
starjet is offline Find More Posts by starjet
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:34 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Dec 2004
31 Posts
Bill, thinking of upgrading from V3. Does the Acer laptop USB issue still exist or does the V4 resolve it.
Thanks
Gordon65 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon65
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:31 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
starjet, that's odd. The 3 blinks on the elogger means that the USB is working correctly (the PC and eLogger are communicating). if you have a very old version of our software (older than version 9.13) the software will not detect the eLogger V4. But, if the eLogger is showing an error in device manager, something else is going on that is at a higher level than the USB interface. Do you have another PC to try?

Gordon, we have few if any problems reported any more with Acer since we switched to the eLogger V4, but I am no sure if that is just a coincidence.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:19 AM
Bolingbrook, IL
Joined Jan 2009
137 Posts
Is there a way to use the speed control and altimeter sensors together?
Wise_Man is offline Find More Posts by Wise_Man
Old Nov 03, 2011, 02:29 PM
Bolingbrook, IL
Joined Jan 2009
137 Posts
Come oonnn... anyone?
Old Nov 03, 2011, 07:21 PM
United States, CA, Salinas
Joined Nov 2011
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_Man View Post
Is there a way to use the speed control and altimeter sensors together?
If by "speed control" you're referring to the airspeed sensor, yes, they can be used together by daisy-chaining them.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...irspeed-v3.pdf
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...timeter-v4.pdf
n5iln is offline Find More Posts by n5iln
Old Nov 04, 2011, 05:00 PM
Bolingbrook, IL
Joined Jan 2009
137 Posts
Sorry for the typo, yes I meant speed sensor. Thank you for your reply.

When you daisy chain connect two or more micro-sensors (say altimeter, airspeed, and g-force sensors) how does it record the data? Does the elogger do some kind of data multiplexing? How does it affect the logging rate?

Personally I would prefer more ports for micro-sensors instead of 3 ports allocated to temperature measurement.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 06:04 PM
United States, CA, Salinas
Joined Nov 2011
153 Posts
As far as I know it doesn't affect logging rates. I'm unfamiliar with the internals; you might get more information on that from the Eagle Tree forum. But electrons are fun to play with, and they can do amazing things...

http://www.rcgroups.com/eagle-tree-systems-443/
n5iln is offline Find More Posts by n5iln
Old Nov 05, 2011, 06:27 AM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
The data logger usses what is esentially an I2C data bus to connect it's sensors. If you look at the specs, it's very robust and very fast. It supports many more expansion modules than are currently available, all at the V4's rated speed. The microprocessor on the V4 has only one bus, hence one "expansion" port. The temp and servo inputs are essentially direct to the microprocessor too.
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:04 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,451 Posts
I have the ET V4 Logger; & intend to get the Airspeed Sensor module, but highest version I've found is the V3. Is that indeed the latest, or is there a V4 Airspeed either out or imminent?

Another small concern - the User Manual (at ET's website) for the V3 Airspeed shows connection to V1/V2 loggers, as well as the V3 logger -- but doesn't show connection to (nor is there any other mention of) the V4 logger. Does it connect the same as to the V3 logger?
Would suggest this omission be updated on the PDF doc.

And finally, the dealer I'm ordering from offers a small optional 'T'-barb fitting for "...sharing the static source of the pitot tube with both altimeter and airspeed static inputs". This suggests the altimeter sensor needs pitot input. (?!) But if the altimeter is negatively affected by 'cabin' pressure from a ram air cooling system (as its manual states), I'm a li'l confused as to how/why sharing the 'ram' from a pitot tube would be a beneficial thing or a wise choice. Also noting no silicon tubing seen as part of the Altimeter packaging - hopefully my confusion is understandable?
Enlightenment, please?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member