SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 05:58 AM
Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
449 Posts
I purchased the v3 from Tower on the 13th Dec, two days later the v4 was announced

My v3 arrived in Australia on the 28th Dec, two days later Tower had the v4 in stock

Will be trying to sell the v3 off to get a few bucks back as I now have a v4 on its way

Cheers
crusey_aus is offline Find More Posts by crusey_aus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2011, 07:40 AM
NorCal
Joined Oct 2002
731 Posts
I don't know how a company as small as ET could survive if it had to "eat" the cost of upgrading a bunch of V3s.

But, it would be nice if us "loyal" V3 owners were given the opportunity to buy a V4 at cost...

Hummmm, the "ash trays are full" in my '10 XB, I wonder if Scion will upgrade it to an '11...
rahtware is offline Find More Posts by rahtware
Old Jan 07, 2011, 09:01 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
rathware, it is pretty much what we are saying. I didn't have much intention to give up on my V3. I could always use it for another FPV setup.
The reason I needed V4 is because the V3 voltage regulator cannot handle my application.
And as for the upgrade option, if I was given a 10% for example for V4 purchase (not min. $100 order), it would still make me happy.
But now how many V3 owners still have their purchase receipt?

I do

Anyways this is not a $1000 unit and we can still afford it. I just wanted to get some feedback before going ahead and get one..
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
Old Jan 10, 2011, 01:49 PM
NorCal
Joined Oct 2002
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskoos View Post
rathware, it is pretty much what we are saying. I didn't have much intention to give up on my V3. I could always use it for another FPV setup.
The reason I needed V4 is because the V3 voltage regulator cannot handle my application.
And as for the upgrade option, if I was given a 10% for example for V4 purchase (not min. $100 order), it would still make me happy.
But now how many V3 owners still have their purchase receipt?

I do

Anyways this is not a $1000 unit and we can still afford it. I just wanted to get some feedback before going ahead and get one..
I'm with you, I think that for the money this gear is the best out there. I have been having a kick playing with the data and have used it to make changes in both my planes and the way I fly them. I guess I have to admit that I am just cheap, and the thought of getting a new V4 at cost is starting to make me drool
rahtware is offline Find More Posts by rahtware
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:05 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
I had the chance to use my V4 this weekend testing a new 600 heli with a 8S pack. It's nice not to have the brown outs when using the OSDpro/GPS when there's no RX power connected. The extra memory is nice as i only used 8 percent at 10 samples after 45 minutes of logging all data/gps info. I would also vote for SD reader (mini) capability.

I noticed also the CD install is version 8.98 but the instructions tell you to go to the site and download the latest software....but it's only v 8.94 on there??I'll keep the 8.98 version .
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:16 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9 View Post
I had the chance to use my V4 this weekend testing a new 600 heli with a 8S pack. It's nice not to have the brown outs when using the OSDpro/GPS when there's no RX power connected. The extra memory is nice as i only used 8 percent at 10 samples after 45 minutes of logging all data/gps info. I would also vote for SD reader (mini) capability.

I noticed also the CD install is version 8.98 but the instructions tell you to go to the site and download the latest software....but it's only v 8.94 on there??I'll keep the 8.98 version .
I believe this is the link for 9.01. http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Late...lpha/setup.exe
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:52 AM
Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
449 Posts
Can the program be made with an option to auto update on start to the latest version ?

Seems confusing to find the latest updates on the site

Cheers
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:16 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Crash9, glad you like it! Sorry about the older version on the website. That will be updated this week.

Crusey, the software presently won't autoupdate - the main reason is my "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" stance. Unless you need a new feature we've added, or you've had a problem that we fixed, there's generally no need to upgrade. FWIW, if you click "Help, Download latest updates..." you'll be taken to the web page containing updates, as a convenience.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:41 AM
Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
449 Posts
Fair enough Bill, guess I just like to always have the latest and greatest

Just curious that when I click as you suggested it does indeed take me to a webpage, the latest version listed on the page as far as I can see is 8.94

The vers that came with my V4 was 8.98 I believe and somebody on here posted a link for 9.01

Does that mean you only list the last stable version on the website ?

Cheers
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:46 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
there are always 3 version download able:
1. final currently 8.63
2. beta currently 8.94
3. alpha currently 9.01
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Feb 06, 2011, 10:50 AM
Croatia
Joined Dec 2010
137 Posts
Hello Billpa!
When are you going to restock HK with your products? (V4 eLogger, EagleEyes ..etc)
Thanks
wiper1974 is offline Find More Posts by wiper1974
Old Feb 07, 2011, 09:22 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
there are always 3 version download able:
1. final currently 8.63
2. beta currently 8.94
3. alpha currently 9.01
My eLogger Applcation Version. 9.07 WHAT does that mean???

BILLpa, if you have not done so already: please check my problem at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...24018&page=340
listing #5087
Thank You
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Last edited by EugeneFlorida; Feb 07, 2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2011, 09:26 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Do you really ask that?

You have a newer version as i posted, thats it.
But not the newest.

9.09 beta is the newest.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:31 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
wiper1974, we're in the process of filling a HK order.

Eugene, I answered your other question. The present software beta version just ticked to 9.10.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:48 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jul 2008
26 Posts
I received the V4 logger and V4 gps expander today and the eagletree UE doesn't see it. I hear the computer recognizing the hardware, but the app doesn't see it. I'm stuck at the "connect your recorder to your computer" window. My V3 still works. I used different cables and same problem. Did I get a lemon. Do I return it to towerhobbies or Eagletree. Bummer as I was going to use it this weekend to record my speed runs and dragster. That 50Hz is what I really needed.
snellemin is offline Find More Posts by snellemin