HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:38 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
New Product
announcing the eLogger V4!

After listening to your valuable feedback, Eagle Tree is excited to announce the eLogger V4.

The eLogger V4 has several new logging features you've requested, while retaining all the great features of our renowned eLogger V3:
• High speed logging at up to 50Hz (increased from 10Hz).
• Sixteen times the logging capacity of the standard eLogger V3. Typically logs all available sensors for about four hours, at 10Hz.
• Voltage logging increased to 80 volts maximum.
• The eLogger V4's on-board voltage regulator has much improved capability. More accessories can be used at higher voltages, without requiring the battery backup harness to be used. For our OSD customers, typical configurations should never require the backup harness with the eLogger V4.
• A USB "mini" connector is built into the eLogger V4.
• All the 3-pin sensor connections are now polarized, and the connectors are now shrouded, helping protect them from physical damage or short circuits.
• Includes Y cable for throttle logging, which also provides battery backup if needed.
And best of all, the price is the same as the eLogger V3!

Available with built in DeansTM connectors or wire leads. See your favorite Hobby dealer or click here for more information!
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:50 PM
Joined Jan 2007
2,051 Posts
Is there an upgrade path at all for these like you used to have with some of your other hardware?
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2010, 01:26 PM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Wow, really nice.

Can we see a better photo of this:
"All the 3-pin sensor connections are now polarized, and the connectors are now shrouded, helping protect them from physical damage or short circuits."
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Dec 15, 2010, 01:27 PM
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
866 Posts
I just have to say that I find this version a little underwhelming. After a cursory inspection of the manual, it seems like this is little more than a cosmetic upgrade (aside from the extra memory and high speed logging).

I personally would have like to have seen a greater emphasis on new functionality. For instance, I don't see any reason that the e-logger cannot be used with the Seagull transmitter.

Instead of just adding more onboard memory, it would have been nice to see support for removable memory (micro SD card). This would make it easier to download data from a model. The card could simply be pulled and brought to a computer as opposed to bringing the model to a computer (or vice versa) or having to remove the e-logger. There is also the obvious advantage of having near unlimited storage (I wonder how many hours of logging data could fit on a 16GB micro SD card).
grumpy42 is offline Find More Posts by grumpy42
Old Dec 15, 2010, 02:00 PM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
I think they have not built the micro sd card reader into the v4 logger, because they have (long time ago) planed a "micro sd card expander", so every datalogger user can use it.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Dec 15, 2010, 02:47 PM
any calculation so far ?
France
Joined May 2008
131 Posts
What a nice christmas gift !

Do you when it will be available at any dealer (I am living in France) ?

Pierre
pda75 is offline Find More Posts by pda75
Old Dec 15, 2010, 06:34 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
Wow,
Very nice Bill!
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Dec 15, 2010, 06:38 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,839 Posts
Looks like some nice changes, particularly the part about not requiring an aux power connection to run items like the OSD Pro.

Of course an upgrade price might tempt me a lot more

Rusty
13brv3 is offline Find More Posts by 13brv3
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:18 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Thanks for the compliments/feedback!

BlueAngel2000, re the polarization/shrouding, it's identical to the OSD Pro design. The PC board extends flush with the pins, and the heatshrink covering shrouds the pins. This protects the pins, polarizes the 3-pin connections, and reduces the likelihood of shorting. We've had a lot of requests for this, especially with people who keep the eLogger in their flight boxes and found pins bending due to jostling around.

Re upgrade price, I think there will be some news tomorrow that may make upgrading more attractive.

grumpy42, good points. Re the feature set, what we've done is implemented the top requested feature enhancements to the V3 - there weren't that many. We're working on eLogger V4 + Seagull support now. Re removable storage, BlueAngel is exactly right. The microSD support will plug in to both the eLogger V3 & V4, and is going to be on a little board that can be mounted flush with the side of your model, which will make access even easier. The board may also have USB, button and LED. Feedback on this would be great.

Re dealer availability, shipments are to begin early next week. Not sure if this timing was a particular stroke of genius. Products seem to ship when they want to, despite our best efforts to coax them along.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:51 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Re upgrade price, I think there will be some news tomorrow that may make upgrading more attractive.
Now, that would make me REALLY happy Bill. Because I really need something that can handle all of my ET equipment without the need of backup harness (which is my main problem).
You should remember my looong! thread about the voltage flactuation problem... So this V4 would fix all my issues right (including adding the GPS into the system)?
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:46 AM
Croatia
Joined Dec 2010
137 Posts
Hi,
does anyone knows where is the RSSI pin on a futaba fasst R6108SB?
I got dpcav buffer so if anyone knows how I combined the buffer with Futaba R6108SB and ET eLogger?
Thanks
wiper1974 is offline Find More Posts by wiper1974
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:33 AM
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
866 Posts
Quote:
We're working on eLogger V4 + Seagull support now. Re removable storage, BlueAngel is exactly right. The microSD support will plug in to both the eLogger V3 & V4, and is going to be on a little board that can be mounted flush with the side of your model, which will make access even easier. The board may also have USB, button and LED. Feedback on this would be great.
That is certainly good news. I eagerly await these features.
grumpy42 is offline Find More Posts by grumpy42
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:13 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
692 Posts
Quote:
........ Re upgrade price, I think there will be some news tomorrow that may make upgrading more attractive.

....... We're working on eLogger V4 + Seagull support now.
Fantastic! Seagull support is long overdue. Looking forward to excellent "trade-in" pricing on the old v3's.
nioa is offline Find More Posts by nioa
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VQ Models T-34 Mentor 61.4"...
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:19 PM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Re removable storage, BlueAngel is exactly right. The microSD support will plug in to both the eLogger V3 & V4, and is going to be on a little board that can be mounted flush with the side of your model, which will make access even easier. The board may also have USB, button and LED. Feedback on this would be great.
I like this, so far my elogger is digged in and I have an usb extension to outside and even my elogger memory is to small for 2h flights.
Great.
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:51 PM
Oleg
Joined Dec 2008
812 Posts
Oh, that 50Hz logging rate is an overkill. For the FPV needs it`ll be better to split the capture rate of elogger and OSD Pro (i.e. write to the log at 0.1-1Hz and pass the data to the OSD Pro at the same 10Hz).
Syberian is offline Find More Posts by Syberian