HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 29, 2011, 06:14 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
I would like to.. but in this case by paying 25% tax, as expected in my country, buy in Europe or China does not change spending.

In other cases it is very convenient.
Well just ask them to .... not to declare the true price

Quote:
Originally Posted by QIK_RX View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I just have to order some gear now. Anyone feel like pulling apart a brand new DX8 and changing a button to a switch for me?
be careful, spectrum doesn't have the greatest of range. Flying 2.4ghz FPV is a bit more of a risk. This is the reason you don't see many people flying that much on spectrum. If you want range you need a very clean environment and some people even add a booster.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2011, 07:08 AM
Australia, QLD, Raceview
Joined Jan 2011
140 Posts
whakahere,
Im not planning on going to far. I am only setting up a micro system. Its just to use flying around my local park area.

If i like it, then i will look at a better system. But thank you for the advise.
QIK_RX is offline Find More Posts by QIK_RX
Old May 29, 2011, 07:33 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
I ask you if 2,4Ghz frequency (used for Video TX) may have problems with other 2,4Ghz system as wi-fi home system or other radio models ?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old May 29, 2011, 07:47 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QIK_RX View Post
whakahere,
Im not planning on going to far. I am only setting up a micro system. Its just to use flying around my local park area.

If i like it, then i will look at a better system. But thank you for the advise.
make sure you use a full range receiver and you don't do the silly thing of flying over your head. When you do this it aims for the tallest tree and likes to break apart your lovely plane. climbing tree skills while holding a big stick will be needed.

Quote:
I ask you if 2,4Ghz frequency (used for Video TX) may have problems with other 2,4Ghz system as wi-fi home system or other radio models ?
yes it does. This is the reason many people do not use 2.4ghz video. You can use the 2510mhz band but still you shouldn't fly around people with 2.4ghz control. Of course you can still fly on the 2.4 video but you need to be aware of the environment beforehand. Trappy (who flys huge distances and in cities) only flies on 2.4ghz 500mw.
Old May 29, 2011, 07:52 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
yes it does. This is the reason many people do not use 2.4ghz video. You can use the 2510mhz band but still you shouldn't fly around people with 2.4ghz control. Of course you can still fly on the 2.4 video but you need to be aware of the environment beforehand. Trappy (who flys huge distances and in cities) only flies on 2.4ghz 500mw.
For 2510 mhz do you mean 8channel of TX 2,4 Ghz ? Why this channel is less used ?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Last edited by IMEIV; May 29, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old May 29, 2011, 08:53 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,294 Posts
Quote:
For 2510 mhz do you mean 8channel of TX 2,4 Ghz ? Why this channel is less used ?

um .... because it is not in the legal band in europe I hear. Then again using gear that is 2.4ghz for video with more than 10mw is illegal.

(side note : this might NOT be true fact but it is what I have read and been told)
Old May 29, 2011, 10:19 AM
United States, MD, North East
Joined Apr 2011
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
That's too bad. I got mine several months ago and it came with 2 USA AC adapters. Do you have an "obviously USA address"?

Cliff
well it shipped to a street address in Kansas, they probably just forgot. by the way I also bought this voltage converter. I want to power my 19 inch flat screen TV from my common 12v power source. The TV needs 16 volts, 40W (at least that is what is getting from its current PSU). This converter claims to be able to take anything from 8-17 volts and put out 15-20 volts at 2 amps (40W max). It has a little pot to dial in the voltage. If it works as described I think it was a good deal, $15.00 shipped from India to Kansas.
chemnut842 is offline Find More Posts by chemnut842
Old May 29, 2011, 11:21 AM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
Been blocked here by EMI
Just click play and once the message comes up you will see small pictures on the bottom come up 2nd or 3rd is the same video.
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old May 29, 2011, 12:07 PM
Switzerland
Joined Jul 2010
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesonsky View Post
Just a test range...
Video Lawmate 1.2 seems ok but I dont know about my Spektrum dx6i
work more than 400m
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg0uAa90i8Y
Now its ok, I have made an audioswap
Sorry
eyesonsky is offline Find More Posts by eyesonsky
Old May 29, 2011, 01:47 PM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,851 Posts
Hi ..

Okay ,,, a quick question regarding the power system I can get from hobbyking.com to power the Easy star or whatever equivalent clone ...

1-Motor ?
2-ESC?
3-Prop ?
4-prop adapter ?

I'll be using HS-65HB for control surfaces .. I hope these carbonite gear servos don't pick up noise and start to jitter ...

Your input is greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old May 29, 2011, 08:30 PM
USA, AK, Soldotna
Joined Jan 2005
562 Posts
I am just getting ready to start out in FPV, and read through this whole thread. There was certainly a lot of good info and helpful people here!

I recently started taking video from my Tcopter with an old canon strapped to the front. This has made me decide to give a real FPV setup a try. I will be happy if I can get a good image from one mile out. I also have no current plans for GPS or OSD, just want to keep it simple for starters.

My current radio is a DX8, I have read of the problems that some people have, and also that it works ok for others. I would be using the AR8000 with satellite. I also have a Futaba Sky Sport 72Mhz radio that I could purchase a dual conversion Rx for if the DX8 fails range checks with the gear.

I originally wanted to run a 900Mhz system, due to the lower frequency and less likelihood of messing with my 2.4, but after hearing the economical 1.2Ghz system being suggested over and over again I am tempted to try that.

So I basically have two systems picked out and would like any opinions on them and if I am forgetting anything.

System 1 as suggested by theothercliff:
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...-Security.html
http://www.bestofferbuy.com/av-wirel...ign=affiliate1
http://cgi.ebay.com/RCA-FEMALE-JACK-...ht_2183wt_1139

Should I be overly concerned about the 1.2Ghz with 2.4 and the higher frequency / shorter range?
Do I need to spend some time right away on buying / building a different style antennae? (Still need to research the antennae side of this a little more in depth.)

System 2 (Selected off my limited knowledge / research)
http://hobbywireless.com/cart/index....products_id=22
http://hobbywireless.com/cart/index....roducts_id=339

Is this worth the extra money? It's double the price, and I haven't seen it mentioned to often. Will the stock antennae and 500mW get me to my ~1 mile goal?
Does anyone have any experience with the CCD killer camera? It looks pretty good for a CMOS camera from the videos I have seen.

Regardless of which system I am also getting this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/D899-USB-DVR-CCT...ht_3905wt_1139
so I can use a spare laptop as a monitor / recorder.

Anyway, I would appreciate any advice or suggestions that you may have. I'm looking forward to diving in to yet another awesome aspect of RC.
pinball is offline Find More Posts by pinball
Old May 29, 2011, 11:53 PM
T#0
Steamboat Springs, CO
Joined Aug 2010
623 Posts
All of the above systems should easily reach 1 mile+

The limiting factor is your rc range. As I have found out personally, 2.4Ghz is absolutely AWFUL for FPV. Because 2.4Ghz systems are digital, you get no warning of when you are reaching your range limit, and they usually get less range that 72mhz systems anyway.

If you want to order from just one store, take a look at ready made rc, they have great service and a ton of quality products to choose from.
PilotKeeg is offline Find More Posts by PilotKeeg
Old May 30, 2011, 12:13 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
No no Cliff, I don't have plenty money to spend. With your suggests I change my FPV set up:

- traditional 2,4Ghz 500mW receiver/transmitter http://shop.righthere.nu/fpv-transmi...prod_1072.html

- OSD with RTH to avoid crash. I was advised for FY-21AP with AP117 for http://shop.righthere.nu/fpv-auto-pi...prod_1146.html What do you think ? I think now it's more necessary than diversity or antenna tracker..

- GoPro Camera

- FatShark googles (perhaps they are leaving the new)

Finally, I ask you if 2,4Ghz frequency may have problems with other 2,4Ghz system as wi-fi home system or other models radio ?
I have never used GoPro or FatShark. They are a bit expensive for my tastes, but there are many people who use them.

You can get an OSD that has RTH, but it is complicated to get it working correctly. I would skip setting up the RTH and the FY-21AP till I was more familiar with FPV flight.

2.4g FPV should never be flown with 2.4g RC on the same airplane. 2.4g FPV usually doesn't affect 2.4g RC on other airplanes, but it is possible with some brands of RC. 2.4g RC (and outdoor wifi's closer than your airplane) can affect your 2.4g FPV. 2.4g RC will usually not do anything worse than put a few lines of interference on the 2.4g FPV because the RC is only switched on for very short periods of time.

Cliff
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old May 30, 2011, 12:14 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Out of curiosity, how would you add sound/mic to this if it doesn't have one? Or would you have to get one with a mic built in? Yeah, I'm still reading about the cameras a bit since they're not cheap, but I do want the better video though. I'm tired of those crappy cameras, and I already have a key chain camera cliff, but I guess mine isn't the better one, but I don't think it works any more.
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...-Security.html

I also found this one with a built in mic and case, but no osd.
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...c-0.01Lux.html
Usable microphones start at $3 shipped on eBay. Here is a post about it.

Cliff
Old May 30, 2011, 12:15 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
get the one with the osd. Great little camera. The osd is needed.

you don't have to have the osd connected when flying. Only when changing settings.
I agree whole heartedly. OSD cameras (not to be confused with the OSD of FPV in general) allow you to fix at least two camera problems.

Cliff