HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:35 AM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
You did good on all the FPV equipment (except I don't think you needed the extra deans connector for the Fatshark battery, it comes with the battery) I need to get an OSD and an amplified mic.
Wettfeat is offline Find More Posts by Wettfeat
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:41 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wettfeat View Post
You did good on all the FPV equipment (except I don't think you needed the extra deans connector for the Fatshark battery, it comes with the battery) I need to get an OSD and an amplified mic.
cool, thanks. I guess that's not bad. At least I didn't leave anything out. Well, the diopters as I need reading glasses. I got the though.

What are you using a mic for?
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:54 AM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
cool, thanks. I guess that's not bad. At least I didn't leave anything out. Well, the diopters as I need reading glasses. I got the though.

What are you using a mic for?
The Fatshark video transmitter also transmits audio and the Fatshark's have a headphone jack to hear the servo's and motors to detect problems (receiver glitching) and it's much more immersive into your aircraft.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:24 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,782 Posts
interesting. I think this will keep me busy for now. It is all a bit overwhelming.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:44 PM
One more flight...
USA, AL, Mobile
Joined Aug 2008
271 Posts
My attitude sd will be here tomoz... Did I just read correctly?... The tx doesn't have an onboard mic?... My $60 set from hobbywireless came with one.. seems cheeky
n00ber420 is offline Find More Posts by n00ber420
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:16 PM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00ber420 View Post
My attitude sd will be here tomoz... Did I just read correctly?... The tx doesn't have an onboard mic?... My $60 set from hobbywireless came with one.. seems cheeky
Yeah, no on board mic. Make sure if you are going to use audio to get the adjustable headphones.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:41 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wettfeat View Post
Yeah, no on board mic. Make sure if you are going to use audio to get the adjustable headphones.
will any old adjustable headphones work? I just realized the camera i bought has a mic built into it.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Anyone know what the power consumption is on this Rx?
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:53 PM
One more flight...
USA, AL, Mobile
Joined Aug 2008
271 Posts
i ordered the headphones...just assumed my tx had mic..like my cheapo one ...ill have to just use the goggles with my old equipment till i can get a mic...anybody know of a guide on where to solder or plug the mic to..??ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
n00ber420 is offline Find More Posts by n00ber420
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:44 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,449 Posts
So, I finally figured out how to mount everything on my quad. Should be able to test it after a while...

I'm using a 5.8 GHz module running straight off a 1S Lipo, and little KX-1 camera. The video looks great through the walls in my house but I'll have to do a few LOS flights first due to an injury to my eye, I can't wear the goggles...
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:16 AM
Joined Feb 2011
594 Posts
hi guys,
I bought this camera from sc2000 and when I made the purchase, I asked the rep. what kind of connectors I would need if I wanted to buy extras. I was told that the camera takes a 3-pin 1.25mm connector. So I found a pack of 10 for a fraction of the price off ebay. I bought these and they are just a little (very little) bit too big. I tried to fit the ebay wire into the camera and it was just wouldn't go. Anyone know why there's a discrepancy and which wires I should have gone with?? The vendor is selling them for like 4 bucks.. which aint a lot... but these ones cost me 4 bucks for 10 WITH shipping off ebay.
AVIATION_RULZ is offline Find More Posts by AVIATION_RULZ
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:04 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
So, I finally figured out how to mount everything on my quad. Should be able to test it after a while...

I'm using a 5.8 GHz module running straight off a 1S Lipo, and little KX-1 camera. The video looks great through the walls in my house but I'll have to do a few LOS flights first due to an injury to my eye, I can't wear the goggles...
Turn that cloverleaf downward for better reception. Also, use 2 zip ties on each leg and attach a small wooden dowel for heightened landing gear

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:22 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
Turn that cloverleaf downward for better reception. Also, use 2 zip ties on each leg and attach a small wooden dowel for heightened landing gear

-Alex
Ok thanks, I did wonder about that, even looked up the radiation patterns for it. I'm going to get some of the extension legs for it, so I can put the GoPro underneath.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:30 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Ok thanks, I did wonder about that, even looked up the radiation patterns for it. I'm going to get some of the extension legs for it, so I can put the GoPro underneath.
i made the same changes to mine and i doubled my range
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
Anyone know what the power consumption is on this Rx?
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames