HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:20 PM
Joined Apr 2012
923 Posts
Monitor for 30-50USD without bluescreen?
timtimtim is offline Find More Posts by timtimtim
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:01 PM
Joined Feb 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
The SAW filter mod isn't going to help you. And it is most likely the Dragonlink that is at fault. I had several issues with mine even after upgrading.

You can try a notch filter. Check my blog for the how-to, but all you need is an SMA Tee and a short coxial cable extension. This is the only thing I can think of that might help.

-Alex

Thanks Alex. One person has suggested moving to the 1160 frequency. Any thoughts? If I keep all else the same in the setup that I've mentioned above and just change my VTx and VRx to 1160... will this solve the issue?
AVIATION_RULZ is offline Find More Posts by AVIATION_RULZ
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:03 PM
Joined Feb 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentF View Post
As a data point, I'm using the exact same setup as you only instead of the Lawmate Rx, I'm using the RMRC Rx with the SAW filter (not sure if I'm on the 1280 or 1258 mhz). My video is clear and to tell you the truth, I don't notice any difference with the low pass removed from the DL transmitter.

For what it's worth.....

Kent
Hi Kent. I'm willing to give the RMRC Rx receiver. Are you referring to the Racewood Receivers or does RMRC make their own receivers?

Thanks
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:13 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,343 Posts
He's referring to the RaceWood RX, I think. This is the best RX to use with a UHF radio.

Changing the channel could work, but it is probably illegal in your country.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:48 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
IBcrazy...would this be a good monitor.....as in will it work........http://www.viewsonic.com/us/vt1601led.html
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:30 AM
KG5AWQ
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Apr 2012
629 Posts
Another issue cropped up, thought I would run it by y'all in addition to the nova crowd... This will blow your mind...

Nova OSD is causing some sort of interference on my video. I have tried both the one battery set up and the two battery setup and still the same problem. Ferite rings did not seem to help, and the funny thing is, the video is really clear in low light no distortion at all. This is the second cam with the same issue. Have a look at my video to see this extremely odd and non nonsensical issue... When nova is taken out of the picture, the video signal is nice and clear.

Nova OSD Video Problem (2 min 51 sec)
guaglione87 is online now Find More Posts by guaglione87
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:43 AM
Joined Feb 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentF View Post
As a data point, I'm using the exact same setup as you only instead of the Lawmate Rx, I'm using the RMRC Rx with the SAW filter (not sure if I'm on the 1280 or 1258 mhz). My video is clear and to tell you the truth, I don't notice any difference with the low pass removed from the DL transmitter.

For what it's worth.....

Kent
Kent, can I please trouble you to attach the link to the exact Rx you are using? I am having major video issues.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:26 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87 View Post
Another issue cropped up, thought I would run it by y'all in addition to the nova crowd... This will blow your mind...

Nova OSD is causing some sort of interference on my video. I have tried both the one battery set up and the two battery setup and still the same problem. Ferrite rings did not seem to help, and the funny thing is, the video is really clear in low light no distortion at all. This is the second cam with the same issue. Have a look at my video to see this extremely odd and non nonsensical issue... When nova is taken out of the picture, the video signal is nice and clear.

http://youtu.be/_BoInCRz_f0
That's a synchronization issue. If I had to guess, the Nova OSD is sending information on the lines that are supposed to be hidden from the screen. Another possibility could be that the OSD is saturating the video line of the VTX causing the sync pulse to be hard to detect. Looks like it is time to find a different OSD...

-Alex
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:27 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
IBcrazy...would this be a good monitor.....as in will it work........http://www.viewsonic.com/us/vt1601led.html
I don't know. I'm not an expert on screens...

-Alex
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:48 AM
KG5AWQ
Joined Apr 2012
629 Posts
Hmm. Thanks for your input. It really all boils down to light sensitivity. The problem disappears when the lights are turned down low. Maybe a filter of some sort would help?
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:42 PM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2010
248 Posts
I'm having trouble getting my Fatshark 5.8 system working. I have Fatshark Predators with an Immersion 600mw tx using CP antennas. The video looks good but when I get about 50 feet away the video breaks up a lot. When I turn the quad around to return home I loose signal completely. Should I have the antenna on the tx pointing down? I don't have any type of filters on the power, do I need one? I've tried a different tx, different antennas, all channels and I'm ready to just order up a 1.3 system. Could someone please tell me if they see something wrong? I've spent many hours pulling my hair out on this.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357501315.784657.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 106.4 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357501329.663218.jpg
Views: 69
Size: 92.6 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357501344.563814.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 101.3 KB
Description:
UDO999 is online now Find More Posts by UDO999
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:26 PM
Delta, BC, Canada
Joined Apr 2004
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDO999 View Post
I'm having trouble getting my Fatshark 5.8 system working. I have Fatshark Predators with an Immersion 600mw tx using CP antennas. The video looks good but when I get about 50 feet away the video breaks up a lot. When I turn the quad around to return home I loose signal completely. Should I have the antenna on the tx pointing down? I don't have any type of filters on the power, do I need one? I've tried a different tx, different antennas, all channels and I'm ready to just order up a 1.3 system. Could someone please tell me if they see something wrong? I've spent many hours pulling my hair out on this.

Attachment 5426824Attachment 5426825Attachment 5426827
What happens if you remove the system from the quad and test? What kind of range do you get? This past fall, I had to get a replacement Immersion 100mw Tx because it was faulty. I was getting the same range (20 - 30') with different antennas and either on or off my multi. If your range dramatically increases when off the quad, then you have an interference problem.
Movie Guy is offline Find More Posts by Movie Guy
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:47 PM
KG5AWQ
Joined Apr 2012
629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
That's a synchronization issue. If I had to guess, the Nova OSD is sending information on the lines that are supposed to be hidden from the screen. Another possibility could be that the OSD is saturating the video line of the VTX causing the sync pulse to be hard to detect. Looks like it is time to find a different OSD...

-Alex
I am now starting to think the culprit is the video transmitter. I can reproduce the problem to a smaller extent when the osd is connected by waving my hand infront of the camera quickly - I get the black distortion. Not as pronounced as it is with the OSD connected. These two systems are a proven pair - HK 5.8 200mw and nova...

Has that ever been the case with a bad video transmitter? Perhaps the change in the fov is too much for the tx to handle
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:17 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,942 Posts
i recently crashed my X-8 by not being as observant as I should have been and crashed into a wire fence, I didnt see. Whilst I am rebuilding a new airframe, I thought I would tidy up the elkectronic layout which triggered 2 questions.

1. Is there a problem with having the esc Power cables right next to the 430Mhz RC RX .
2. The only Toroid I have is on the GPS antenna cables.

All the rest of the wires are well twisted but there are no toroids on the Camera to VTX, ESC to RCRX or anywhere else. It has not been a problem but I thought I should check in here with the experts before I seamd up the fuse.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:54 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87 View Post
I am now starting to think the culprit is the video transmitter. I can reproduce the problem to a smaller extent when the osd is connected by waving my hand infront of the camera quickly - I get the black distortion. Not as pronounced as it is with the OSD connected. These two systems are a proven pair - HK 5.8 200mw and nova...

Has that ever been the case with a bad video transmitter? Perhaps the change in the fov is too much for the tx to handle
why don't you hook up the video out from the OSD directly to your monitor? bypass the video tx/rx completely, you'd know for sure then
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member