Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:44 PM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
I see now. This is a case of a saturated sensor in the camera (at least in the video). If the camera has changeable settings, then adjust the contrast and brightness. Also reducxing the sharpmness might help. Other than that, I don't know if there is a solution other than a different camera or a higher F number lens.

-Alex
On the topic of cameras, which would be a good camera from secuirtcamera 2000 that can be used with my Dragon OSD? I want to be able adjust the picture quality settings at the field. Any recommendations?

I'm considering this one... any thoughts?

Also, if I do end up going with a board camera like the one above.... how do I mount it to my pan/tilt backplate
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Last edited by williamjames; Dec 24, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
You can by a case for that camera. I think that is same camera I have. Case adds weight and you have to trim board. Or there is a post in first page this tread that shows building camera case.
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Last edited by mikenc; Dec 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:15 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
Most who have that camera or similar build their own case. I bought the metal case and it did not fit. They then send me a replacement, it was the same thing and did not fit. Just get one with a case or you will have to build your own. Unless someone actually has a case I don't know about.
Here are the pictures of it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1455768

Quote:
Originally Posted by miknce View Post
You can by a case for that camera. I think that is same camera I have. Case adds weight and you have to trim board. Or there is a post in first page this tread that shows building camera case.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:54 AM
Radian +2.4Ghz FPV = way to go
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Dec 2012
357 Posts
I want to get a UHF long range system, should I get rangelink or chainlink???
redodedo is offline Find More Posts by redodedo
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:54 AM
Radian +2.4Ghz FPV = way to go
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Dec 2012
357 Posts
and what are the main differences?? I heard that i SHOULD buy rangelink but still dont understand why. it seems like they have the same basic funtions
redodedo is offline Find More Posts by redodedo
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:13 AM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redodedo View Post
and what are the main differences?? I heard that i SHOULD buy rangelink but still dont understand why. it seems like they have the same basic funtions
What you "should" buy is the product that you're well informed about. I bought a chainlink and then decided to go with a Dragon OSD... I felt that the wiring becomes confusing really quick if you try to interchange product lines. I would recommend dragonlink, which is the system I have now. Their product is solid.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miknce View Post
I actually want to avoid cases. I have another solution for protecting the camera from the elements. But what I do need to know is how I can mount the board camera on the pan/tilt unit I mentioned above. I saw a couple of people using spacers between the camera and the backing plate... but I don't know where these spacers are bought and which size I would need..... anybody familiar with this??
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:18 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redodedo View Post
Get the UHF radio that is best supported. The reason is that supported radio systems are constantly evolving and getting better. The less supported ones were never revised and thus you are likely to end up with a radio that disturbs your video feed and doesn't give you the range you want.

A few good ones (In no particular order):
RangeLink
DragonLink
OpenLRS
EZUHF
Scherrer

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:20 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
On the topic of cameras, which would be a good camera from secuirtcamera 2000 that can be used with my Dragon OSD? I want to be able adjust the picture quality settings at the field. Any recommendations?

I'm considering this one... any thoughts?

Also, if I do end up going with a board camera like the one above.... how do I mount it to my pan/tilt backplate
Buy that camera and forget the case. Just coat it in hot glue or silicone for weather protection. I have cased versions of that camera that I have destroyed in crashes (due to shock impact) where the open board would have survived.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:14 PM
France, RA, Saint-Étienne
Joined May 2007
178 Posts
Yagi antenna

Hi Guys
Can someone tell me if this antenna i've fund on ebay will work for video transmission:http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...84.m1438.l2649.
Thank you guys for your answers.
Boulybooly is offline Find More Posts by Boulybooly
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:50 PM
It's all fun till Crunch!
InSane Diego
Joined Jan 2002
1,941 Posts
No, go back and read pgs 1-4 for the antena systems lesson.
Capt. Crunch is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Crunch
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:57 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
No, go back and read pgs 1-4 for the antena systems lesson.
well, it would work for receiving 2.4ghz video, but it would be extremely directional
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
hey guys, I would like to have a spare set of connector wires for this camera. I bought spare cables a few months ago from the vendor for $4.50 and I thought that was over priced. As of today, the vendor is asking $8 for the same cables which I think is way over priced. I would like to know where I can find these types of connectors?.... what are they called?.... and how do I know what size to get?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:30 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
Do you mean this connector...for a little over 2 dollars..
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s_for_FPV.html

Or these connectors...there are many types. BNC, F connector, male to male...etc...by the way just sort by price on ebay to get the lowest cost for price and shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
hey guys, I would like to have a spare set of connector wires for this camera. I bought spare cables a few months ago from the vendor for $4.50 and I thought that was over priced. As of today, the vendor is asking $8 for the same cables which I think is way over priced. I would like to know where I can find these types of connectors?.... what are they called?.... and how do I know what size to get?
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Quick question regarding my throttle settings. For some reason, when I throttle up to 70%, I get full throttle. So when I have the throttle stick at like 30%, I'm really getting 50% throttle output. How do I adjust this so I get 100% throttle when my stick is pushed all the way forward and not when I'm at 70%?