SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:35 AM
beginner
Norway, Oppland, Raufoss
Joined Feb 2012
42 Posts
1.2 patch

Hi i got bevrc 1.2 patch,and my question is how high from the ground should i put it?
fpvman is offline Find More Posts by fpvman
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Jul 2011
177 Posts
Alex,

Are you still selling CL ?

I send a mail to buy one.
pabloreg is offline Find More Posts by pabloreg
Last edited by pabloreg; Aug 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:09 PM
FPV FTW!!
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvman View Post
Hi i got bevrc 1.2 patch,and my question is how high from the ground should i put it?
It doesn't really matter much from what I have experienced. I know some guys have them sitting against a backpack at their feet so they can move it around. Me personally, I have mine on a tripod on top of my car and it works great for me. I've also had mine sitting on a plastic container on the ground and that worked great as well. Try different things and see how they work for you.
Rexnoobs247 is offline Find More Posts by Rexnoobs247
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:58 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloreg View Post
Alex,

Are you still selling CL ?

I send a mail to buy one.
You can get them from Future Hobbies, Ready Made RC, Hobby Wireless, and Urban Drones. Those are all made by me.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:01 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
You can get them from Future Hobbies, Ready Made RC, Hobby Wireless, and Urban Drones. Those are all made by me.

-Alex
Alex: are these antenna pretty much tuned to the center of the band they are made for?
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:01 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,571 Posts
Any antennas I make is tuned to cover the band as it is labeled. 1280MHz centers at 1280MHz, 2.4GHz centers at 2430MHz, 5.8GHz centers at 5780MHz.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:08 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Any antennas I make is tuned to cover the band as it is labeled. 1280MHz centers at 1280MHz, 2.4GHz centers at 2430MHz, 5.8GHz centers at 5780MHz.

-Alex
Thanks Alex
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Jul 2011
177 Posts
Quote:

-Alex
Alex, how i get a Bluebeam kit with a band for HK/Foxtech 5.8Ghz?
Don't have a 5780MHz channel!

Only:
CH1: 5705 CH2:5685 CH3:5665 CH4:5645 CH5:5885 CH6:5905 CH7:5925 CH8:5945

And, about BlueBeam Omni - from websites like FutureHobbies: "The Omni is a replacements for your whip antennas. These will greatly increase your video range and clarity"

That about bluebeam Omni was better than bluebean whip? Or i undestood wrong?

Thanks!
Last edited by pabloreg; Aug 15, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:35 PM
FPV FTW!!
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
And, about BlueBeam Omni - from websites like FutureHobbies: "The Omni is a replacements for your whip antennas. These will greatly increase your video range and clarity"

That about bluebeam Omni was better than bluebean whip? Or i undestood wrong?

Thanks!

You misunderstood. Its saying the Bluebeam antennas are going to increase performance over the stock whip antenna that came on your Tx and Rx. CP antennas are not considered Whip antennas.
Rexnoobs247 is offline Find More Posts by Rexnoobs247
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:31 PM
United States, MN, Orono
Joined May 2011
568 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm trying to hook up my GoPro to my FPV plane and it works now. However, I'm trying to figure out how to use my 3s airplane battery to power it and remove the GoPro's battery. I was told to hook it up to my receiver.

So my questions are:

-How do I power the GoPro to my Dragonlink? The GoPro input is 5v, which should work fine with a Dragonlink, right?

-If the airplane runs out of power, does that mean I will instantly loose picture?

Thanks for the help,
Jim
FPV_Habu_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by FPV_Habu_Flyer
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:23 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV_Habu_Flyer View Post
Hi guys,

I'm trying to hook up my GoPro to my FPV plane and it works now. However, I'm trying to figure out how to use my 3s airplane battery to power it and remove the GoPro's battery. I was told to hook it up to my receiver.

So my questions are:

-How do I power the GoPro to my Dragonlink? The GoPro input is 5v, which should work fine with a Dragonlink, right?

-If the airplane runs out of power, does that mean I will instantly loose picture?

Thanks for the help,
Jim

If you need one, I have a 5V 5A uBEC from hobbyking. It doesn't have heat shrink on it. I took it off to look at the chips. It is using two switching power supplies in parallel, without diode ORing as far as I can tell, and in a configuration that is not mentioned in the datasheet. However, there may be a whitepaper somewhere describing the hobbyking configuration. You can have it if you want it.

You could also seperate the two boards that are on it with a soldering iron or even wire clipper (probably wrecking the wire cutter in the process, since you'd be cutting the stand offs), and get a 5V 3 amp BEC...which is consistent with the datasheet for the switching power supply controller populated on the card. Even 3 amps should be plenty for the gopro. If you want one with the heat shrink, I can sell you one for cost.

I also have a Turnigy Watt meter which if you don't have is a good deal. Will sell you for cost...say $31.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:01 AM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
If you need one, I have...
What the hell? Sell your junk so where else.

Habu,
Check this thread out I'm sure they'll help you out.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=gopro
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:15 AM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Jul 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
Alex, how i get a Bluebeam kit with a band for HK/Foxtech 5.8Ghz?
Don't have a 5780MHz channel!

Only:
CH1: 5705 CH2:5685 CH3:5665 CH4:5645 CH5:5885 CH6:5905 CH7:5925 CH8:5945
What Alex said was that his antennas are tuned for the CENTER of the channel, rather than any specific channel - in this case, 5780Mhz.

If you look closely, you will see that 5780 fits neatly in between Ch4 and Ch5 in your list - ie in the center of your channels.

The antenna will work for all of your channels, but will probably work best on Ch4 or Ch5, which are closest to its tuned frequency.
klaw81 is offline Find More Posts by klaw81
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:10 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
597 Posts
My FPV flights with Skywalker Sirius.

Impeccable FPV flight at sunset. Fly over people on the road. In height. Meeting with the real plane in the air. Beautiful landing.
Sunset FPV Flight, Flight over People, Height Flight, Meeting with an Airplane, Nice landing (16 min 30 sec)

The same flight recorded with keychain cam #16V2 placed on pan and tilt system of FPV camera.
Sunset FPV Flight, Flight over People, Height Flight, Meeting with an Airplane, Nice landing: #16V2 (14 min 0 sec)

Good evening FPV flight at an altitude with a relaxed landing with RC model airplanes Skywalker Sirius. After about 10 minutes of relaxing flight had to land because the battery started to occur in radio ...
Great Evening FPV Heigh Flight, Beautiful Landing... (9 min 29 sec)

Equipment:
Skywalker Sirius FPV airplane.
FatShark Predator 5.8 GHz.
VTX ImmersionRC 600 mW 5.8 GHz.
Sony Super HAD CCD 600TVL, Lens 2.8 mm.
Super Simple Mini OSD.
Clover Leaf & SkewPlannar 5.8 GHz Antennas.
Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 2), ER9x Firmware.
Pan & Tilt.
pavn is online now Find More Posts by pavn
Last edited by pavn; Aug 16, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Jul 2011
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaw81 View Post
What Alex said was that his antennas are tuned for the CENTER of the channel, rather than any specific channel - in this case, 5780Mhz.

If you look closely, you will see that 5780 fits neatly in between Ch4 and Ch5 in your list - ie in the center of your channels.

The antenna will work for all of your channels, but will probably work best on Ch4 or Ch5, which are closest to its tuned frequency.
Thanks klaw81! This clarify my mind.