HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
Antenna length varies with receiver. The reason is that there is sometimes a tuning stub inside the RX. In the case where there is a tuning stub, the length may not be a multiple of 1/4 wave.

The best way to find out is to start with 1/2 wave and do a range chaek with the TX antenna collapsed. Trim and do another range check. Stop trimming when you can't get any further away.

-Alex
Right now i see stuff that doesnt make complete sense..

I replaced the R137F Futaba Rx with a Corona RP8D1 to see if the situation improves.. now while doing it i meassured both antennas.. all being in 35mhz (with the exact frequecy being channel 80 or 35.200) the RP8 antenna is exactly 105cm long wich coincides with what should.. but then the Futaba Rx antenna is just 98cm long (all measured brom the board not exterior case).. and then extracted the Futaba 7C telescopic antenna and.. oh surprise.. its 95cm..

its confising but somehow both Futaba antennas doesnt seem optimal for 35mhz.. in 1/4 wavelenght for 35mhz its said here: http://www.fpvuk.org/forum/index.php?topic=935.0 that idead lengh for antenna would be 211.4cm .. in the case of 35.200

channel 80 35.200 213.07cm 426.14cm

Or 116.54cm tought i understand there are tolerances here..

my antenna extension is 110cm wich added to the Futaba 98 makes a total of 218cm.. maybe i went a bit longer than recomended.. i can allways trim it down for the Corona .

Anyone here using the Corona? does it make good FPV Rx?
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:47 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,252 Posts
My understand is that the Corona used to be legendary, but the new models are not the same. Now they are mearly adequate. The Futaba PCM Rx's get better range, but PCM doesn't warn you before it failsafes, no glitching.
Setting the Corona failsafe reduces its useful range.
No great solution, I finally gave up and went for a Dragon Link.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:56 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
Dragon link might be a future choice but i want to go step by step.. first make a reliable plane.. then add it a copilot head so Ikarus OSD can engage safelly RTH and autopilot functions.. then increase the Rx range be it with FrSky modules and 2.4ghz amplification or be it with dragon link

thats my plan.. so far i got to the flying part and polishin and troubleshoting
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Aug 12, 2012, 03:37 AM
United States, IA, Johnston
Joined Sep 2009
148 Posts
I'm finding many USB capture divices and the prices run from $20 to $99, but what I'm not seeing arae many reviews. So I'd like to aks you guy for any good recomendations.

Thank,

Robby aka Tonic
TonicMan is offline Find More Posts by TonicMan
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:07 AM
airplanes r made from aluminum
United States, SC, Darlington
Joined Jul 2009
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonicMan View Post
I'm finding many USB capture divices and the prices run from $20 to $99, but what I'm not seeing arae many reviews. So I'd like to aks you guy for any good recomendations.

Thank,

Robby aka Tonic
i have an easy cap device bought off of e-bay/amazon @20$, its works but is jumpy and well not worth the 20 i spent..however, that could be attributed to my old lap top. I tried to install it on a new computer and dont have the s/n so it wont work at all.. keep the number if you get one.. i sure would love to be recording mine.. i was thinking of buying a DVR recorder from Best Buy and using it.
wilem is offline Find More Posts by wilem
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:29 AM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,147 Posts
Quote:

Thank,

Robby aka Tonic
get vuzix goggles off ebay...any model will do..i got 310xl for $84
I am currently using av230 and they are ok...higher res would be nicer
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:27 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
432 Posts
Hi,
I just replaced my two Chinese receivers with two 1,2Ghz Lawmate receivers. Unfortunately I had a nasty surprise because I can see a good signal but only in black and white.

My Vtx transmitter comes from SunSky and is on ch9 (1280Mhz). Lawmate receiver is on ch8 (1280Mhz) because I put down the Dip-switch 8. Then I use antennas tuned on 1280Mhz.

Before to change the transmiter the signal was good and in color.. now is good but in black and white.

I can not explain why. Can you help me ?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:08 AM
FPV'r
Joined May 2011
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
Hi,
I just replaced my two Chinese receivers with two 1,2Ghz Lawmate receivers. Unfortunately I had a nasty surprise because I can see a good signal but only in black and white.

My Vtx transmitter comes from SunSky and is on ch9 (1280Mhz). Lawmate receiver is on ch8 (1280Mhz) because I put down the Dip-switch 8. Then I use antennas tuned on 1280Mhz.

Before to change the transmiter the signal was good and in color.. now is good but in black and white.

it is camera or display...not vTx/Rx
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Apr 2009
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1 View Post
it is camera or display...not vTx/Rx
But if I change LawMate with Chinese receiver the signal come back in color...

What can I do ?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Apr 2009
432 Posts
Then I can say that if I move my body around Vrx or TxV to make obstacle sometimes the signal back to color (and perhaps remains so for a while) but then.. when I move again my body the signal come back in black and white.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:56 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:

Thank,

Robby aka Tonic
I use this mini DVR:
http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Dete...words=mini+dvr

It's a few dollars over your range but works great for me. Its small and more portable than a laptop.
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:06 AM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
Hi,

Your camera is probably PAL and the Lawmates are NTSC. Just get a new NTSC camera and your good to go. I had the same problem except I bought a PAL camera for my NTSC system without knowing it. Also if it does change to color when you move around it might be the exposure settings of your camera if you can change them.
Wettfeat is offline Find More Posts by Wettfeat
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:30 AM
FPV'r
Joined May 2011
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
I use this mini DVR:

It's a few dollars over your range but works great for me. Its small and more portable than a laptop.
a $102 wow...expensive..
has features we do not need
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Apr 2009
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wettfeat View Post
Your camera is probably PAL and the Lawmates are NTSC. Just get a new NTSC camera and your good to go. I had the same problem except I bought a PAL camera for my NTSC system without knowing it. Also if it does change to color when you move around it might be the exposure settings of your camera if you can change them.
Many thanks. The problem was what...
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:29 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
I use this mini DVR:

personally i'd reckon $110 is a reasonably priced dvr, if it suits the needs of fpv recording
is it reliable?
what quality is the playback recording?
does it record through static/video loss?
the only thing i dont like is the bnc fittings, but a minor inconvenience
a friend of mine needs a dvr, if you personally recommend this dvr, i will let him know

I am curious because i have tried a few altenatives, from baru laptop HDD recorders to dvd burners, the only dvr to date that has actually worked flawlessly has been the Japan-FPV dvr
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...bfvihb7l7k3dj4
has a small lcd display (that I have actually flown home on) and rca plug lead (plugs straight into my Oracle or vRx), powered by a rechargable battery (totally portable) and continues recording through static continuously, it has been great for me
but at $199 it may not suit everyone's price range... for me, I was tired of unreliable recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wettfeat View Post
that's nice to know, thx for sharing this info
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'