HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 06:50 PM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrap View Post
I think i will go with 5.8ghz, because i am using 2.4ghz radio gear.
So looking on the ReadyMadeRC Site i found this.
Standard Whip Antennas (I will probably make IB Crazy Cloverleaf ones or something, but later)
Camera (None, cause i ordered the 600TVL)
TX (FatShark 100mW 5.8Ghz)
Rx - Uno5800
Batteries 1100mAh RMRC Batteries for Tx / Rx
Total on that is $113 - I got this from choosing the 5.8ghz kit and removing / adding some options. Like i said i'm not sure about the vTx and vRx.

OSD I will worry about later, i will only do LOS for now.
For the video display i will use a USB capture card and then i will display it on my laptop, for now anyways. If that dosen't work i can just use one of my old monitors / tvs or something.
They say using laptop is too much video delay to be usable...You can use it to record but not as live video feed to pilot plane......that is what they say in many threads...
ror1 is online now Find More Posts by ror1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1 View Post
They say using laptop is too much video delay to be usable...You can use it to record but not as live video feed to pilot plane......that is what they say in many threads...
I already have the video cap card which i have used for other things, there is no delay as far as i can tell. Anyways if it dosen't work il just use something else.

I need to know if ive got the right parts on my list though before i even worry about that though...
iCrap is offline Find More Posts by iCrap
Last edited by iCrap; Jul 01, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:54 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
I can comment about cap cards.
I had an easycap clone (~$8 ebay) and it actually worked quite well. No noticeable lag at all, high quality, and as I already had a laptop it kept my costs down. This was on a current spec windows 7 laptop btw, it seems to work quite well on older machines too.

The problems are long setup times, having to rely on an operating system and problems that can arise like crashes, popups, low battery, and also can be a little bulky to transport.
In the end, setup times and complications made me switch to a 9.5in LCD and SD card DVR.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:45 AM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
I had an easycap clone (~$8 ebay) and it actually worked quite well. No noticeable lag at all, high quality, and as I already had a laptop it kept my costs down. This was on a current spec windows 7 laptop btw, it seems to work quite well on older machines too.

The problems are long setup times, having to rely on an operating system and problems that can arise like crashes, popups, low battery, and also can be a little bulky to transport.
In the end, setup times and complications made me switch to a 9.5in LCD and SD card DVR.
Thats what i thought, Anyways i will give it a try and if not il just get some other display.

Can anybody comment on my parts list? Any changes i should make?
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:40 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrap View Post
Alright, should i do the bluebeam whip for 50 bucks more?
Is the vTx and vRx i picked good / decent?
Yes, the video tx/rx is good. But if you feel so ambitious, feel free to make your own antenna sets. I am here to support you however I can.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
Yes, the video tx/rx is good. But if you feel so ambitious, feel free to make your own antenna sets. I am here to support you however I can.

-Alex
Thanks.
I think what i will do is just get the stock antennae instead of the bluebeam, but then i will make my own using one of the examples posted here.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:30 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilem View Post
if you are responding to me the problem was not being able to find a connector to make into an antenna for this male connector. so i gave it a sex change.
Okay, now I understand. I didn't know if the problem was an intermittent connection, crappy dielectric, or what. Now I understand.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jul 02, 2012, 01:44 PM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post

which DVR?
does it go blue screen on bad video?
ror1 is online now Find More Posts by ror1
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
^That's a very poor video transmitter. I have several I use for testing. You must keep it in the full enclosure or it will burn up. In the 1.2GHz thread, I did a video review of it. I was unimpressed with it an now use the equipment from Future Hobbies and Urban Drones.

-Alex
I have made some range test and this tx eat completely my frsky!Is it possible that it's worst than a less cheap one for rc

Since I have to buy another video kit is it a good choice to go to 5.8 for a 1.5 km with your bluebeam ?
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:38 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,989 Posts
Noiw this may seem simple to some of you guys....but I don't want to get lost. I have had many successful flights in familiar areas but now I am using an OSD for new adventures

Here is a typical screen shot of the OSD I am using.

What I don't understand is the relationship between the "Angle of Returning to Home - 16" and the "Direction to Home Point -19" One says you turn left and the other says right. I am having a major senior moment....and I'm not ready for it yet !

Even when I draw the degrees on a Compass... it doesn't make sense to me.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:59 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts
Jay, it looks to me like it says you are on a compass heading of 18deg and you have to come to a compass heading of 22deg to be going home (turn right). Maybe the arrow at the bottom is supposed to be your "plane" and not the "direction to home". In other words, maybe it is showing that you plane is pointing to the left of home and you must go right to be pointing at home. -- just guessing, JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:00 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,989 Posts
Thanks John, That makes some sense.

So if I had the "H" directly at 12o'clock to the arrow, I would be heading straight home.... I need to watch a video download to see how the two relate
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:39 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
I would know what's the difference between Cloverleaf Antenna and BluBeam 3lobe TX antenna ?

Someone can help me ?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:46 AM
United States, VA, Madison Heights
Joined Aug 2011
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
I would know what's the difference between Cloverleaf Antenna and BluBeam 3lobe TX antenna ?

Someone can help me ?
The Cloverleaf is the name of the 3 lobe antenna that was designed by IBCrazy. Blubeam is the product name given to the Cloverleaf/Skew-Planar Wheel antennas built and sold by IBCrazy's Company Video Aerial Systems.
MASHTON is offline Find More Posts by MASHTON
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:51 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHTON View Post
The Cloverleaf is the name of the 3 lobe antenna that was designed by IBCrazy. Blubeam is the product name given to the Cloverleaf/Skew-Planar Wheel antennas built and sold by IBCrazy's Company Video Aerial Systems.
Do you tell that change only the name ?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV