SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:04 PM
FPV nut
Sorrento, FL
Joined Nov 2010
704 Posts
****WARNING**** if you are offended by the "eff" word, it is used at the end of this video. Instead of filing a complaint, just don't watch it. ****warning****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xDMIJGVzaU
traderdmb is offline Find More Posts by traderdmb
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:39 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,685 Posts
I watched it with the sound off. But I am still offended by the fact that I have just wasted 1:04 of my time with such a senseless piece of off-topic rubbish. Hopefully the thread moderator will exercise his metaphoric scissors.
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
1,061 Posts
LOL, I'm not offended...but I would like my 1:04 back!
TwoHeadsBrewing is offline Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UHF / 1.3ghz Relay Stations
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:38 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb View Post
****WARNING**** if you are offended by the "eff" word, it is used at the end of this video. Instead of filing a complaint, just don't watch it. ****warning****
Why are you posting this in here?

-Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:41 PM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156 View Post
I am still waiting for the 5.8ghz system from HK (out of stock).

For saving time, I want to built the antenna but I saw that the frequency is between 5645 and 5945 Mhz.
Can I built it with the reference value of 5800Mhz or should be stuck to the right frequency ?
It is only a matter of 5% on a wavelength
Do you know a good source of SMA connector on Ebay?Should I buy RG316 RG58 or RG174 (is the number the size of the connector ?)
I think radio shack has them. You could try there.
Wettfeat is offline Find More Posts by Wettfeat
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:23 AM
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Newbie questions: I flew my plane today but I only seem to be getting a range of about 200-250 yards before my video signal breaks up in my Fatshark goggles. I.m using all 5.8GH equipment, Fatshark Aviators, cloverleaf antennas, Hornet OSD, 2200mah battery for engine, 1000mah battery for video equipment. All the wires are also wrapped in ferrite coils. Any ideas as to why my range might be limited? I was flying in a completely open field with the only object close to me within 10 ft was my truck. I did notice that if the truck was between me and the plane my signal dropped to less than 50 ft. Any ideas on the long range??
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:39 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
832 Posts
Hi i have just bought and built a topmodels cz chimera. I am planning on fpving it. Put the Vtx on the rear of the model behind the wings and put the pan and tilt onto of canopy. This is all new Lawmate 1.2ghz kit. I have used it on my slow stick and all was well. I have extended the wire for the Vtx so i can mount the pan and tilt up front. But soon as i turn on the Vtx the servos and motor go mental. I dunno if the cable is causing the problem but if i move the camera away from the model it stops. Anyone got any advice or ideas to cure it? Thanks austin.
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:53 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
Newbie questions: I flew my plane today but I only seem to be getting a range of about 200-250 yards before my video signal breaks up in my Fatshark goggles. I.m using all 5.8GH equipment, Fatshark Aviators, cloverleaf antennas, Hornet OSD, 2200mah battery for engine, 1000mah battery for video equipment. All the wires are also wrapped in ferrite coils. Any ideas as to why my range might be limited? I was flying in a completely open field with the only object close to me within 10 ft was my truck. I did notice that if the truck was between me and the plane my signal dropped to less than 50 ft. Any ideas on the long range??
That's truly a very poor range. Could you describe how video looks if you reach the limit? Also, is there interferance related to the motor? Have you tried doing a ground range test with the motor turned off?

Markus
markus123456 is online now Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Dec 2010
12 Posts
Hi I'm a noob to fpv but not to RC flying. I'm trying to find a starter system that will give me about 1 mile of good reliable range than I can hook up to my Macbook instead of goggles.

This is the system I am considering as I would like to keep costs down. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mera_NTSC.html

I have a few questions though.

1. Do these systems from hobby king actually work reliably or are they just junk?

2. People in the hobby king reviews say that the antennas need to be changed for better range. Do I need this to get a mile of good range? What do I need and where can I get them?

3. Does anyone know of any scratch built foamies that would be ideal for fpv?

4. Is it possible to hook this system up to my macbook instead of flying goggles? What do I need for hardware? Any special software needed?

5. Is 900MHZ legal in Canada for this type of use without a license??

6. Do I need anything else besides what is in the hobby king package for fpv besides the normal RC equipment such as servos, motor, speed control etc?

Sorry for all the questions if they have been answered before.

Thank you in advance for your help

Tony
FoamAddict is offline Find More Posts by FoamAddict
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:40 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,542 Posts
1. They work, just not well. The most important piece of equipment your FPV plane has is the camera. Calling HK cameras crap would be a compliment...

2. Yes. For 900MHz A vee on the transmitter and a patch or BiQuad on the RX side does wonders.

3. Check my blog

4. Yes. There are several devices that work. The EZcap is popular.

5. No. All frequencies require a HAM license in Canada.

6. Techically, no. However, you'll want to trash the camera for a decent one and get a decent RX antenna.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:06 PM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
I have the 1500mw 900mhz system from Hobbyking and a better camera (PAL but displays in black and white) and I get crazy range out of it. The 72mhz system drops before the video even remotely gets fuzzy. Need to get a UHF
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:44 PM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
How do you think a 7" tv is for a noob? I have seen 16" systems but I think it might be too big and therefore unportable.
chaosdestro0 is offline Find More Posts by chaosdestro0
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:31 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,542 Posts
7" is ok. I'd look for 9-10" personally. 7" is plenty flyable, but 10" is far more enjoyable.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:22 PM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
SO can you use 600tvl cameras with any of these TVs? Or do you have to get a TV that is capable?
chaosdestro0 is offline Find More Posts by chaosdestro0
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:39 PM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
It should work with any TV. Make sure if your in U.S. that it is NTSC other countries though use PAL. Ok so all I've ever flown is 0.25 km on my 1500mw 900mhz system, I get absolutely no dropouts on the video the 72mhz system gets small glitches every now and then but that's expected. Anyways I need a way to navigate, I have tons and tons of trees around me which basically makes it impossible to navigate by sight. I don't really want an OSD plastered on my screen, would simply using a compass work? Has anyone else done it?