HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:46 PM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Aug 2011
19 Posts
Markus,

So I can use for example the "eagle eyes" antenna tracker with lets say the EZosd? How would I transimit the GPS signal back to the antenna tracker if not going trhough the video channel? How do I route it through the audio channel? Do I just hook up the gps signal to the audio channel of my video transmitter?
iflyhawks is offline Find More Posts by iflyhawks
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:01 PM
United States, TN, Greeneville
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
Just my darn luck... go to order fpv gear and everyone is out of planes. Does anyone know of a place in the USA that sells the bixler or the skysurfer other than RMRC or HK. Or another plane similar to those or a sky walker
J31968 is offline Find More Posts by J31968
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:18 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhawks View Post
Markus,

So I can use for example the "eagle eyes" antenna tracker with lets say the EZosd? How would I transimit the GPS signal back to the antenna tracker if not going trhough the video channel? How do I route it through the audio channel? Do I just hook up the gps signal to the audio channel of my video transmitter?
I don't know the eagle eyes tracker. I have the SkyLark which is SAID to allow this. I am so busy building antennas that I did not even had the time to take a closer look at it. I definately will use it's OSD at first, but I have a similar issue as you have just that I have an RVOSD.

If you haven't bought one yet - ask the support channel of a potential tracker manfuacturer. At this time you also learn how good their support is - eventually another argument to decide between several products.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:19 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J31968 View Post
Just my darn luck... go to order fpv gear and everyone is out of planes. Does anyone know of a place in the USA that sells the bixler or the skysurfer other than RMRC or HK. Or another plane similar to those or a sky walker
If the bixler is an option you can also go for an Ez* which should be available virtually everywhere.

M
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
Markus are you talking about the Ez Hawk from nitroplanes?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:52 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J31968 View Post
Markus are you talking about the Ez Hawk from nitroplanes?

Easy Star.
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
yeh I've already looked at the easy star. I don't have enough funds for that right now plus I want ailerons. ....I know I could add ailerons...just the cost difference at the time.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
FPV Browncoat
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Mar 2011
1,517 Posts
The Dynam Hawk Sky is another one like the Bixler and Easy Star. That's what I use. It's sold by Nitroplanes. It comes with ailerons too.
prelator is offline Find More Posts by prelator
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
Re all!
Got a working video cam from dpcav. Tested great to tv, but when I put it to Vtx/vRx to myvu's I am getting a black line moving across screen vertically, slowly....I did not put the cap in yet, I only have 35 v caps. I wanted to test vid cam, filtering comes next, can I use flat disc capitcer? I have can type, but are 35 volts.
The Vtx / vRx is the 10 mW 5.8 ghz from fpvhobby. SPW on vRx, going to put CL on Vtx after I figure out cap and torrid filter, ping pong ball is Vtx/cam pod
I hoped my years of soldering Strain Gage's on space craft would come to something....
I used headphone wires for power and siginel. Lipo 3.7vdc 150mha batt
Ping pong ball on polystriene rods crossed to mQX motor pods.
Battery velcroed to balance Vtx/cam front to back.
VRx is single output so video record will have to wait until next month.
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Jan 2010
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
You need an LC filter if you plan to run everything off a single battery. If you are using a 2 battery setup, you don't need the filter. Everything else looks perfect. The LEDs will be a lot of fun and won't hurt anything.

-Alex
Thanks Alex! I'll be running 2 lipos for the motor in Paralle, and 1 lipo or 2 for the servo's ( UBEC ) and camera, etc?
fltekdiver is offline Find More Posts by fltekdiver
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
Joined Jan 2010
857 Posts
**** Question **** Why run 2 camera's, one which I ordered the 700VTL, and the other is a Go Pro 2 .

Why not just run everything through the Go Pro 2 ? I'm thinking I have $450.00 just in 2 camera's this way ?
fltekdiver is offline Find More Posts by fltekdiver
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
Well i just got my feet wet and purchased this sytem. Have my CP and SPW antenna's made. RMRC says they should have the skysurfer back next week. just need to order a LC and a 2.8 lens and I'll be ready to rock.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
has anyone ever tried the solo 1500 or the eaglewing FPV from HK as a FPV platform? Any pros or cons to either?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
nevermind on the eagle wing i just got finished reading the reviews and the solo 1500 looks a little weak. might just have to start building a maxi wing
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:03 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
164 Posts
First fpv experience

Hi Everyone. Today I flew fpv for the first time. Awesome! BUT... I wanted to ask you guys something.

I am using this setup: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=778

First I gave a ride to my wife, and she reported a lot of interference. That's when I realized that I hadn't attached the antenna to the goggles. But after I attached the antenna, she reported the same amount of interference. When I flew with the goggles, I also saw that interference, which was pretty bad at points. I was flying a circuit of about 200m radius in front of me.

So, my question is whether I screwed up the receiver by using it without the antenna. I know that you can screw up the transmitter by using it without the antenna, but I don't know about the receiver. If I didn't screw it up, why am I getting the same reception with and without the antenna?
Jcome is offline Find More Posts by Jcome