Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:06 PM
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Aug 2011
766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_dilger View Post
I have been using a 1000mw Lawmate 1.2ghz Vtx with my Lawmate Vrx. I want to put video on a smaller aircraft. Where can I get a Lawmate 300mw or 500mw Vtx in the USA? Most I find say they won't ship them to the USA.

Can I use another brand of Vtx with my Lawmate Vrx?
The Lawmate 500mW does not have 1280MHz that is why they won't sell it to US buyers.

Yes you can use another brand vtx (as long as it has 1280 as a channel) with the lawmate. I do.

Marc
MASHTON is offline Find More Posts by MASHTON
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:13 PM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshy View Post
You should have an LC filter on your VTx. Everything else is added on an "as
needed" basis. But if you run long (>24in) wires you should probably plan on
using torroids on them.

Blues

Thank you Blue
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:00 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2012
105 Posts
If someone is starting from ZERO rc knowledge (ok, 20+ hours on RealFlight6 by now) and the ultimate goal is to take advantage of FPV for some 10-20 minute flights for Aerial Photography and video (1, 1.5 mile away from source), is it better to start with an easy floater like the Parkzone radian, learn to efficiently fly and eventually upgrade or start right away with a pusher like a Skywalker? Starting budget is US$600.00.
Anatomist is offline Find More Posts by Anatomist
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
does it matter if my tx for the plane is 2.4ghz and the tx for the fpv is 2.4ghz or does it need to be different? also whats a good tx and rx for the money? thanks
Ls2.350z is offline Find More Posts by Ls2.350z
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:32 AM
Do a Barrel Roll!
United States, OH, Medina
Joined Jun 2005
1,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatomist View Post
If someone is starting from ZERO rc knowledge (ok, 20+ hours on RealFlight6 by now) and the ultimate goal is to take advantage of FPV for some 10-20 minute flights for Aerial Photography and video (1, 1.5 mile away from source), is it better to start with an easy floater like the Parkzone radian, learn to efficiently fly and eventually upgrade or start right away with a pusher like a Skywalker? Starting budget is US$600.00.
I wouldnt recommend the Radian as a first R/C plane unless your flying with an experienced person. I would recommend buying a e-flite apprentice, or hobbyzone supercub and later convert to 4ch. You need plenty of real r/c flights before you go and blow lots of money on fpv gear.

Once you are ready for an fpv plane, I would say the skywalker if you are gonna carry another HD recording camera, and the radian if you are doing fpv only. They also have different flight characteristics. The radian never wants to land, and can require a large field for a beginner.
rcbif is offline Find More Posts by rcbif
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:51 AM
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Aug 2011
766 Posts
A radian is 3 channel not 4. Unless you get the radian pro.
MASHTON is offline Find More Posts by MASHTON
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:53 AM
7AC
Central Indiana
Joined Oct 2006
391 Posts
Defective HK 900Mhz system

WHOOOHOOO: Blueshy, I took your advice and disconnected the tiny plug from the camera on my non functioning HK 900Mhz set and inserted straight pins in the black and white holes, then I connected test probes from the video output cable from my DVD player. I ran the output cable from the VRX into the "video in" port on my tv. When I powered things up my DVD was playing on the TV. Sooo that means that AWanderer and I both have defective cameras that came fresh from Hobby King with our system.

Is there anyone out there who has trouble-shot the Sony 1/3 inch camera that HK is selling?

Thanks again to you all of you experienced guys on this thread who offer support to us who are just starting with FPV.
7AC is online now Find More Posts by 7AC
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:35 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2012
105 Posts
If I get the Radian, I do have a local club of glider enthusiasts that can help me with first setup, instructions, trims, etc.

Thank you for the help.
Anatomist is offline Find More Posts by Anatomist
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatomist View Post
If I get the Radian, I do have a local club of glider enthusiasts that can help me with first setup, instructions, trims, etc.

Thank you for the help.
Consider an easy-star or bixler instead. The radian is a great plane, but it's having the propeller in front. Not so the Ez*. You could use it also as your first FPV platform and is otherwise a great beginners plane.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:44 PM
Score board: Rocks-2, Carbon-0
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jan 2008
135 Posts
Do lawmate tx/rx work with AIO and/or fatshark googles?
thurssday is offline Find More Posts by thurssday
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
7AC
Central Indiana
Joined Oct 2006
391 Posts
Anyone done business with Security 2000, if so which of their models is a good starter camera?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:47 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
United States, OH, Medina
Joined Jun 2005
1,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Consider an easy-star or bixler instead. The radian is a great plane, but it's having the propeller in front. Not so the Ez*. You could use it also as your first FPV platform and is otherwise a great beginners plane.

Markus
With my radian and the sony 600tvl camera, the prop is barley noticeable when spinning. The motor interference I have not fixed yet is actually more of an issue. Besides, once your up there, the radian dont need no stinkin motor

However I am sure the bixler has a stronger nose than the radian. I have seen a couple of prop failures on the radian resulting in the plane pretty much self destructing. The radian is also a bit flexible at the tail.
rcbif is offline Find More Posts by rcbif
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:46 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7AC View Post
WHOOOHOOO: Blueshy, I took your advice and disconnected the tiny plug from the camera on my non functioning HK 900Mhz set and inserted straight pins in the black and white holes, then I connected test probes from the video output cable from my DVD player. I ran the output cable from the VRX into the "video in" port on my tv. When I powered things up my DVD was playing on the TV. Sooo that means that AWanderer and I both have defective cameras that came fresh from Hobby King with our system.

Is there anyone out there who has trouble-shot the Sony 1/3 inch camera that HK is selling?

Thanks again to you all of you experienced guys on this thread who offer support to us who are just starting with FPV.
That's what I figured. The hobbyking stuff is pretty crap. I always
buy my cameras from a place that deals specifically in cameras (SC2000,
ect...). It's cheaper and they know what they're doing when they sell you
something. Also, your 900 mhz VTx has an enormous heatsink on it which
you should take off and replace with a nice aluminum heatsink stuck on with
some thermal paste. Then just surround the perimeter with hot glue and
you'll have saved a lot of weight. Just stick the heatsink out into the airflow
somewhere along the body/wings of the plane.

Quote:
which of their models is a good starter camera?
This is the one I have. Its pretty nice.

Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:13 PM
7AC
Central Indiana
Joined Oct 2006
391 Posts
Blues, The HK wiring harness puts only three wires into the (inop) camera. It looks like the camera you recommend has a four pin and also what appears to be a three pin plug into the camera. Any idea how much wiring I will need to get power in and video out to my VTX?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:51 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Blues, The HK wiring harness puts only three wires into the (inop) camera. It looks like the camera you recommend has a four pin and also what appears to be a three pin plug into the camera. Any idea how much wiring I will need to get power in and video out to my VTX?
There are two ports on the camera. One is the standard Video Out(+), Red(+),
Black(-). The other is for the OSD control board to plug into. The OSD control
board is included with the camera and is used to change and reprogram camera
settings. The plugs and wiring for both is included. The camera still has the
same 3 wires to the VTx from the standard port. All that will be required of you
is to cut the supplied adapter cable off where the 3 wires enter the black cover
and solder them onto the the Video In and Ground of the VTx, if necessary
using servo wire because you need more length.

Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy