HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:14 PM
Athens
Joined Oct 2009
616 Posts
Just received my 600TVL SONY Board Camera D-WDR from securitycamera2000.
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...d%252dWDR.html

It comes with the power and video out cable shown in the picture below. Just to make sure I don't do anything supid:

1) Red is positive (+), black is ground and yellow is video out.
2) The common practice is to cut the cable, ditch the barrel connectors and replace with a servo connector
3) Cut at the marked spot in the picture or a few inches to the right, to have a longer cable that's easier to solder?
4) I 'd like to test the camera on my TV (don't have the transmitter yet). All I have to do is connect red and black to a 3S lipo, and yellow to an RCA male that will connect to the TV external port (RCA yellow female)

Are all these points correct and safe?

dk31 is offline Find More Posts by dk31
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:35 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk31 View Post
Are all these points correct and safe?
Yes. Consider cutting the cable closer to the two big connectors and take off the outer insulation. That way chances are you have a long enough cable without the need to introduce aditional connectors.

Markus
markus123456 is online now Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:58 PM
Athens
Joined Oct 2009
616 Posts
Thanks Markus. I 've been reading your posts at the "5.8ghz range flight" thread. I have finally decided to follow the 5.8ghz 200mw route as first steps to FPV, and range is my long-term target. So, when all parts are put together, I will be hanging around to this thread a lot (hopefully soon)
dk31 is offline Find More Posts by dk31
Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:55 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,717 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Markus. I 've been reading your posts at the "5.8ghz range flight" thread. I have finally decided to follow the 5.8ghz 200mw route as first steps to FPV, and range is my long-term target. So, when all parts are put together, I will be hanging around to this thread a lot (hopefully soon)
You won't regret this. 5.8G is IMHO good for range too. All I need to proof this is finally some spare time to finish my new platform as so far I was limitted by the range of my plane and not by the video link.

As trappy titeled one of his most beautiful videos ever (IMHO), "long range is boring". He's truly right with this statement, but it seems to be a very important subject interstingly mostly to newcomers. I thus intend to proof that LR can be done on 5.8Ghz too. Other than this, I definately prefer buzzing around between trees, flying close to the ground and mostly around me in close proximity.

Markus
markus123456 is online now Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Dec 23, 2011, 08:44 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I want to get a nice camera for FPV. I have a credit with securitycamera2000.com ; I'm looking for a camera with really good picture quality and would like the lens to be 3.6mm.
In case it matters, I'm using a lawmate 1.2ghz Tx and 8 ch 1000mw Rx.

What would you guy's recommend for a 3.6mm with great picture quality?

Thanks.
THOMASJONES is offline Find More Posts by THOMASJONES
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:43 PM
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
646 Posts
So I did another FPV test flight today, mostly to test the video link. It was spotty, but good enough to fly FPV for a few moments at a time. The video is below. I was flying with a self-made whip on the Tx and the stock antenna on the Rx. Can anyone help diagnose the interference at the end? I'm on 1280 btw.

first fpv (0 min 58 sec)
TexasAggie is offline Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Last edited by TexasAggie; Dec 24, 2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:10 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV_Habu_Flyer View Post
Thanks man.

Alright, take your time, get done what you need, and I'll be anxious to see the setup.
OK dude, I made a video... I have no idea if this will actually help

FPV Base Station (8 min 51 sec)
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:00 AM
United States, MN, Orono
Joined May 2011
548 Posts
Ok, first of all, thanks for taking the time to shoot the video.

I think I understand this now, it is just as I thought in the beginning. My DVR, however, does not have and audio or video port, it just has AV in/out. That is no problem, though, I can use a 3.5mm composite cable to take care of that.

My only confusion was with the single cable, but I noticed that you have just one cable as well. So if I just hook up the video cable to the DVR, it should work.

That means I will have no audio, but the camera I have now doesn't either, so that should be fine for now. I could just purchase another y-splitter for that.

Also, I think I am going to stick with one battery on the ground, so I can by that power splitter, no biggy. You mentioned FPV being inconvenient, and you're right, I noticed it too! So one battery will be the way to go for now.

Thanks again, I'll get this running and post a picture when I do!
FPV_Habu_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by FPV_Habu_Flyer
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:50 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOMASJONES View Post
Hi Everyone,

I want to get a nice camera for FPV. I have a credit with securitycamera2000.com ; I'm looking for a camera with really good picture quality and would like the lens to be 3.6mm.
In case it matters, I'm using a lawmate 1.2ghz Tx and 8 ch 1000mw Rx.

What would you guy's recommend for a 3.6mm with great picture quality?

Thanks.
anyone please? I would really appreciate it
THOMASJONES is offline Find More Posts by THOMASJONES
Old Dec 24, 2011, 02:50 AM
2^p - 1
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Feb 2003
1,326 Posts
Thomas, I like my 600vtl, and others like the pixem. There are a couple if threads if you do a search.
Habu - the 3.5mm connector in your dvr probably is a 4 pin (pos, neg, aud, vid in some order), and probably comes with a 3.5 -> RCA cable.
Don't worry, once you have it in front of you it's not too difficult to figure out.
signflyer is offline Find More Posts by signflyer
Old Dec 24, 2011, 05:59 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,704 Posts
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by AussieHoppy; Jun 10, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:17 AM
It's all up from here..
Prince Rupert, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
2,281 Posts
Quote:
Just received my 600TVL SONY Board Camera D-WDR from securitycamera2000.
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...d%252dWDR.html

It comes with the power and video out cable shown in the picture below. Just to make sure I don't do anything supid:
[snip]
DK31..

Here is a link to my pictorial about making a cable for the OSD function of the camera (Same one I use, BTW..). The first picture is the cable you are asking about 'though, I use a short cable with a ferrite and servo plug that allows me to change out the camera easily:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=208

As Markus mentioned, you could cut the wires closer to the barrel connectors, carefully strip off the outer insulation of the cable and use the 3 wires inside instead of adding servo wire to extend it.

Hope this gives some light on the subject for you...

Cuzn
CuznWeakEyes is offline Find More Posts by CuznWeakEyes
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:37 AM
V
USA
Joined Mar 2009
392 Posts
Warning noob question !!!
I plan on using this Digital Volt Panel Meter ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...:X:AAQ:US:1123 ) for my ground station to tell me how much juice I have left in the battery since I'll be using only 1 battery to power everything up.
My question is where exactly does this volt meter display go. Do I connect it straight to the battery or I can connect it anywhere else in the circuit and it will tell me how much juice I have left ?
Thanks for any help
V is offline Find More Posts by V
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:16 AM
2^p - 1
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Feb 2003
1,326 Posts
You can put that anywhere in the circuit. It's probably most convenient to put it at the battery. I run one off the balance lead.
signflyer is offline Find More Posts by signflyer
Old Dec 24, 2011, 01:30 PM
V
USA
Joined Mar 2009
392 Posts
Thanks for clarifying it for me !!! That's exactly what I was thinking of doing, to run the volt meter display from the balance lead
Thank you for your help
V is offline Find More Posts by V