HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:55 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
You need a filter. use a "Sander style" filter on the power wires to your video system. There are pictures in the guide at the beginning of this thread.

-Alex
sorry I was referring to when the battery gets low will a 12v VTX run on 11.1V-12.6 without drop in signal ?
hotdog1 is offline Find More Posts by hotdog1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:57 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,775 Posts
sorry I asked about Sanders filter, will delete the post then.
nakelp86 is online now Find More Posts by nakelp86
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New (old) Disco gimbal
Old Feb 09, 2011, 11:07 PM
bucket of prop wash
reddinng CA
Joined Nov 2007
942 Posts
any + or - for 2.4 cotroll and 5.8Ghz video or 900MHz video

it seems there is no antenna options for 5.8Ghz where the 900MHz has RX and TX antenna mods ? i am looking at range expansion for future use of the system also

if a camera dosent support sound is it easy enough to add a microphone like range videos. as long as your transmitter suports sound. witch it seems like most of them do ?

is there a Difference in TX for CCD and CMOS

my brain is overloading right now i love it. i haven't felt like this sense my first year of RC. i just really did not realize that fpv could be so inexpensive
garrcass is offline Find More Posts by garrcass
Last edited by garrcass; Feb 10, 2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:43 AM
Internal Paradigm Consultant
Joined Dec 2009
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVORDIE View Post
FIRST POST!

I have been stalking for a while and figured I would join. Im getting into FPV and have a Sunsky 1.2ghz 800mw system on the way, if they ever get back in stock that is.

I have been reading a lot and will continue to digest some of the great information on this forum. I'm looking forward to the new direction in my flying addiction and have an Easy* all built and ready for action. I will have humble beginnings but plan on upgrades after proving my system and setup.

Sunsky 1.2mhz 800mw VTX/RX
Multiplex Easystar
Power Up 32A ESC
2836-22 (2200kv) inrunner
6X3E prop
TP 9G servos
LMA
HK $17 Sony camera
Hitec Prism7 FM RX/TX
and a couple 950mah 3S and 2200mah 3S lops to run it all off of.

I have been flying for a few years now and have always dreamed about FPV flying and decided it was time to have a go at it. I cant wait to get my system all installed and start testing it.
Is a 6x3 prop suitable for thet motor? Will it have enough push? I have almost the same setup and APC 6x5.5E now.
perfeet is offline Find More Posts by perfeet
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:00 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2 Posts
Thank you RC MONSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
1) Any system successfully used in a static situation will work in a mobile situation.
this system works for me.
The transmitter is moving with the plane so the ground station doesn't need to be stationary. after all movement is movement either the one or the two moving simultaneously it is not going to affect the result.
regarding doing FPV from a moving vehicle, implies you are going to follow roads and cross populated areas, so on that basis IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA... here is why.
-video interference from many sources such as WIFI(2.4ghz), surveillance cameras(1.2ghz),telephone mast(900mhz) that you may encounter on the road will probably ruin your day.
-your plane might get shot down by another rc enthusiast trying his gear in his garage.
-if you encounter a traffic situation such a jam or a red light or a series of them, you might run out of fuel (or power) and end up ditching the plane in an unwanted place (a carr roof a window or someone's face).

if you still want to do this,
plan your route carefully, evaluate the time it takes to go from start to destination. Evaluate the amount of masts on the road, avoid populated areas, plan for the eventuality of having to ditch the plane (check for parks etc) and have a friend that can take over the controls if you loose vision.
when you have the plane ready to fly, drive the route with the plane and camera ON in the car and check for glitches in the plane and for vision problems.

2) there are a lot of miniature cameras, keychain camera, on ebay that have a decent quality. they are worth a few dollars like this one .

3) please use a foam plane like the easystar . if you hit someone with that you will say sorry and pick up your plane and go. The pusher engine means you only have a soft foam nose to hit someone with...

the key is plan for the worst and hope for the best
Thank you RC monster thx a million, i am working on your advice, just to make it a bit clear... the route i have planned is with in my university premises and it is absolutely devoid of any wi fi / telephone tower interference, so there seems to be bright chances that there will be no interference of sorts. thanks a ton for your valuable input.
inam.h.kazmi is offline Find More Posts by inam.h.kazmi
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:58 PM
Liverpool, UK
Joined Aug 2004
112 Posts
Hi guys,

I recently bought these units from eBay;
http://www.fpvhobby.com/20-4-ghz-receiver-module.html
http://www.fpvhobby.com/93-200mw-58g...ansmitter.html
http://www.fpvhobby.com/53-480-tvl-3...al-camera.html
The guy selling them said he was unable to solder the connections himself and so they were sold as unused. Before you leap to conclusions most of the solder points are untouched. However I've now wired everything up and powered it and I'm getting no signal to my goggles or Tv whatsoever and so wanted to eliminate the vTx and cam as issues.

I'm assuming that the vRx will generate a video signal (even just a black screen) regardless of wether it's receiving anything or not. Is this right?

Any advice or directions for investigation gratefully received!

Kev
Zagadka is offline Find More Posts by Zagadka
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:47 PM
bucket of prop wash
reddinng CA
Joined Nov 2007
942 Posts
is the polarity on the V RX output connector correct ?

just taking a shot in the dark while i wait for my answers
garrcass is offline Find More Posts by garrcass
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:11 PM
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2009
411 Posts
In the document at the beginning of the thread in the section about Diversity, it mentions connecting the diversity module to two antennas. But does it really require two video receivers each connected to a different antenna?
S9coldfire is offline Find More Posts by S9coldfire
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:54 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S9coldfire View Post
In the document at the beginning of the thread in the section about Diversity, it mentions connecting the diversity module to two antennas. But does it really require two video receivers each connected to a different antenna?
Yes. Whether the two receivers are built into a single diversity box (aka Yellow Jacket) or
outside (anything plugged into Oracle or RV or Eagle Tree diversity controllers)
it still requires two separate receivers and two separate antennas.
Packet based receivers (2.4Ghz SS RC control) can do diversity with two antennas into
one receiver, because they can switch antennas in between packets.
Analog receivers can't do that, because they're listening all the time.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:26 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,449 Posts
when you fly past 20 km away and back it is a totally different ballgame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hitchman View Post
5 regulars here have gone more than 10 miles off the top of my head, bound to be a few more.

Mark
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:44 AM
Liverpool, UK
Joined Aug 2004
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrcass View Post
is the polarity on the V RX output connector correct ?

just taking a shot in the dark while i wait for my answers
Yeah, thanks Garrcass but I have checked that (about five times), even cut up an RCA female plug to check my google results re polarity were correct.

Kev
Zagadka is offline Find More Posts by Zagadka
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:21 PM
SLO Flyer
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Dec 2003
98 Posts
Hey, guys...

Got a question. I'm currently flying with an HK board-style camera (1/3-inch SONY CCD Video Camera NTSC) that came with my first video transmitter and am wondering if switching to the following type of camera will give better image quality (with some weight penalty, at any rate. It's somewhat bigger glass.):

Color CMOS Surveillance Security Camera with Auto-IRIS Interface - NTSC (12V DC)

It is available with a choice of lenses, and I plan on using this one:

Replacement Auto Iris Zoom Lens for CCTV Camera (2.8~12mm)

As I like flying with the wider FOV (I use a 2.1mm on my Sony)

Some info from the webpage about the lens:

- Provides ultra clear vision for your camera
- Vari-Focal: 2.8~12mm
- Format Cover: 1/3 (inch)
- Mount: CS
- Aperture (F):1.4
- Angle of view: 115~24.5 degree
- Zoom and Focus: Auto
- Minimum object distance: 0.1m

Ideas? Pros or cons? (or should I just get one.)

Jaybee
Jaybee is offline Find More Posts by Jaybee
Old Feb 13, 2011, 05:06 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
5,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Hey, guys...

Got a question. I'm currently flying with an HK board-style camera (1/3-inch SONY CCD Video Camera NTSC) that came with my first video transmitter and am wondering if switching to the following type of camera will give better image quality (with some weight penalty, at any rate. It's somewhat bigger glass.):

Color CMOS Surveillance Security Camera with Auto-IRIS Interface - NTSC (12V DC)

It is available with a choice of lenses, and I plan on using this one:

Replacement Auto Iris Zoom Lens for CCTV Camera (2.8~12mm)

Jaybee
I am not sure what you want to achieve with this ... I don't see how you can control the zoom with an rc system, the camera is 3 lux and 380 tvl which makes it very average. the size is kite big too, you will need a flying truck to haul this
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVORDIE View Post
FIRST POST!

I have been stalking for a while and figured I would join. Im getting into FPV and have a Sunsky 1.2ghz 800mw system on the way, if they ever get back in stock that is.

I have been reading a lot and will continue to digest some of the great information on this forum. I'm looking forward to the new direction in my flying addiction and have an Easy* all built and ready for action. I will have humble beginnings but plan on upgrades after proving my system and setup.

Sunsky 1.2mhz 800mw VTX/RX
Multiplex Easystar
Power Up 32A ESC
2836-22 (2200kv) inrunner
6X3E prop
TP 9G servos
LMA
HK $17 Sony camera
Hitec Prism7 FM RX/TX
and a couple 950mah 3S and 2200mah 3S lops to run it all off of.

I have been flying for a few years now and have always dreamed about FPV flying and decided it was time to have a go at it. I cant wait to get my system all installed and start testing it.

HK $17 camera?????? how cheap it is ?!!

curious about the quality...
shinee is offline Find More Posts by shinee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:09 AM
Kostas
Greece
Joined Sep 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinee View Post
HK $17 camera?????? how cheap it is ?!!

curious about the quality...
horrible. I have 2 of them. I bought a much more better from www.securitycamera2000.com
kstmark is offline Find More Posts by kstmark