Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:13 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Seems like a quite reasonable plane.

You probably want to stay on the light side weight wise if it has a brushed motor and not a lot of extra power.

Fly it Line Of Sight first to make sure it is trimmed and you are used to the extra weight.

Are you a beginner or can you fly it normally already?

Cliff
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:58 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,459 Posts
I can fly it normally. I,m not a beginner. I think I need to get a new radio. The stock one is 27mhz. I have some planes with the 2.4g spektrum radio/ rciever set up but I know thats not good for fpv.
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:10 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,284 Posts
Get any inexpensive 72MHz radio and buy a Corona RP6D1 receiver for ~$15. I have tested these to 2 miles comfortably, so this will be plenty for you. Just be sure to keep your antenna straight. I find it bet to run the antenna along the wing of the plane, but out the back is fine.

I think you have the start of an excellent set up right now. Just get a camera, transmitter, receiver, a screen and a HAM radio license and you're all set.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:01 AM
Switzerland
Joined Jul 2010
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
Get any inexpensive 72MHz radio...
Ok but where? Do you know a dealer?
eyesonsky is offline Find More Posts by eyesonsky
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:32 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
Get any inexpensive 72MHz radio and buy a Corona RP6D1 receiver for ~$15. I have tested these to 2 miles comfortably, so this will be plenty for you. Just be sure to keep your antenna straight. I find it bet to run the antenna along the wing of the plane, but out the back is fine.

I think you have the start of an excellent set up right now. Just get a camera, transmitter, receiver, a screen and a HAM radio license and you're all set.

-Alex
Thanks Alex. I will be building a system hopefully pretty soon.

John.
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:47 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesonsky View Post
Ok but where? Do you know a dealer?
Here's a good start: http://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-gen...ment-fs-w-215/
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2011, 03:31 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,400 Posts
Easycap question, I am using windows vista 32bit.
Do you guys have any experience with these two units:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/easycap...-support-26319

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/easycap...e-dongle-11127

Should I buy the more expensive one?
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Aug 01, 2011, 07:39 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
They both say they will do Vista.

64 bit OS's have always been a question to make sure of before buying, but that doesn't affect you with 32 bit Vista.

The cheap one:
- Is a 4 input type, which usually comes with security monitoring software, which can probably record and display simultaneously, but can't edit video.
- Not recommended because of the software and related unknowns, but it may work fine for simple display and capture.
- probably won't do 64 bit OS's, but that is OK for you.
- I have this type and it's software, but intend to use it for security, not FPV and haven't played with the software.

The expensive one:
- Is a slightly different hardware type than I have bought. Probably will work.
- I possibly don't have that software type either.

My Big Post has links for buying the kind I use (software and hardware) for about $7 shipped. These say they work with 32 bit Vista, but I have not tried it.

I boot XP when I want to capture at the flying field. The older type EasyCap like I use may require a little fiddling during install for Vista; I just don't know. Ask before you buy. Ebay sellers are supposed to answer within 2 days.

Cliff
Last edited by theothercliff; Aug 01, 2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old Aug 01, 2011, 09:58 AM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,901 Posts
FYI: I bought this Easycap and it works fine on Win7 - 64 bit $10 and free shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=360370519597
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Aug 01, 2011, 03:20 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Great! A known working Win7-64 version.

Did you get a download link for software and Win7-64 drivers or did it all come on a CD?

If you could post the link or up load the CD (iso of image or zip of contents) to a site like hotfiles, etc. it could be tested to see if those drivers work with the old DC60 EasyCap.

Did it all just work or did you have to play with it on Win7-64?
Old Aug 01, 2011, 07:35 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,901 Posts
Cliff: It worked perfectly right off the CD. I'll see if I can figure out how to do an iso for you!
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Aug 01, 2011, 07:43 PM
FPV Browncoat
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Mar 2011
1,420 Posts
Sweet. Just ordered it so I'll have recording capability when I start assembling my FPV system later this month. Handy thing about that is it will also let me digitize old analog home videos, which my parents have been wanting to do forever.
prelator is offline Find More Posts by prelator
Old Aug 01, 2011, 11:28 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,400 Posts
Which are known good price/performance gps modules? I'm looking at the one from flytron which looks good, also one from quadufo, remzibi also sells a good one,...And then there are the slightly inferior but probably also good em-411 on dealextreme for 21$..and another one which is also a logger for 25$...

Any other good ones?
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Aug 02, 2011, 07:42 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2011
4 Posts
Hi all,

I am about to pick up a lawmate Lawmate 2.4GHz 500mW video Tx for my first FPV plane. My plane is running off a 3S LiPo that is often above 12V at full charge.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=450

Anyway, the VTx's operating voltage is 5-5.5VDC, but includes a cable which will accept 9-12V, and must drop the voltage down to ~5.5. So my question is for those who have this VTx: would you recommend using this cable to drop the voltage down, or do you use a dedicated voltage regulator such as this?

Thanks for your suggestions!
Dirada is offline Find More Posts by Dirada
Old Aug 02, 2011, 07:58 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirada View Post
Hi all,

I am about to pick up a lawmate Lawmate 2.4GHz 500mW video Tx for my first FPV plane. My plane is running off a 3S LiPo that is often above 12V at full charge.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=450

Anyway, the VTx's operating voltage is 5-5.5VDC, but includes a cable which will accept 9-12V, and must drop the voltage down to ~5.5. So my question is for those who have this VTx: would you recommend using this cable to drop the voltage down, or do you use a dedicated voltage regulator such as this?

Thanks for your suggestions!
This V regulator get extremely hot so be carefull
nakelp86 is online now Find More Posts by nakelp86
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New (old) Disco gimbal