SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 14, 2010, 05:16 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Gallery
Dragon Wagon Tank retriever 1/35 scale r\c conversion with video

I did this r\c conversion to the Dragon Wagon over 30 years ago (1978). It has had a few upgrades over the years, the last one was done in 2008. it looks a little funky and is not very scale like but it was my first static model to r\c upgrade so I could do a much better job today but the model is no longer available. Its not a Tamiya and I will have to search as to who the manufacturer was. It has a 2 channel DP receiver with integrated proportional ESC and external steering servo which is rather large by todays standards. It runs off a single cell 200 mah lipo or can run off a 60mah 3 or 4 cell ni-mn pack. The rear end is from a small 4WD toy truck. The tires are not stock and the rear rims are chrome and its not very good by military standards but it does run and hauls a Sherman tank on its trailer. The trailer is pretty stock and original and in working order with the correct wheels and tires.

EDIT

I actually know where a few of these machines are here in Akron Ohio. I will try to get a few pix before they disappear for ever. The body on some of these things were actually canvas and has long rotted away so only the skeleton of the body still exists today on the ones here.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Last edited by modfly; Dec 14, 2010 at 11:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:07 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Short dragon wagon video.
Dragon Wagon Tank retriever converted to r\c (1 min 10 sec)
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly