HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:34 AM
Joined Dec 2010
34 Posts
Discussion
Change from mode 2 to mode 3 - Fly Sky CT6B

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way to change this transmitter from mode 2 to mode 3 (aileron/elevator on left stick). Fly Sky CT6B is here http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-ct6b-r...ProductReviews

Are there any low cost transmitters designed to do this change.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
ifresh21 is offline Find More Posts by ifresh21
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:13 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifresh21 View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way to change this transmitter from mode 2 to mode 3 (aileron/elevator on left stick). Fly Sky CT6B is here http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-ct6b-r...ProductReviews

Are there any low cost transmitters designed to do this change.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Manual page 14: Stick Setting. Choose Mode 1,2 ,3, 4.
Did this not work???
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:53 PM
Joined Dec 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
Manual page 14: Stick Setting. Choose Mode 1,2 ,3, 4.
Did this not work???
O thanks cool

I didn't get it yet thats why haha. Ill be sure to read that

Good to know it can be changed!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:58 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,967 Posts
Here's one place to find the manual:
http://www.rcmodelpart.com/product.php?id_product=544
Old Dec 14, 2010, 01:16 PM
Joined Dec 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
Here's one place to find the manual:
http://www.rcmodelpart.com/product.php?id_product=544
Ok

There is an option there for right or left hand throttle when you purchase. The website I got it from didn't have the option . Hopefully I can change it when I get it.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 03:59 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifresh21 View Post
There is an option there for right or left hand throttle when you purchase. The website I got it from didn't have the option . Hopefully I can change it when I get it.
That just means that the friction(or ratchet) is on the left stick and the centering spring on the right (or the other way). All you have to do is interchange them physically, then select the appropriate mode when programming. They don't cover it in the manual, but it should be self evident when you actually have the transmitter and take the back off.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:09 PM
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton
Blackstock, South Carolina
Joined Sep 2007
1,829 Posts
Mode 3? I thought there were only two.
Fly Wheel is offline Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:21 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Wheel View Post
Mode 3? I thought there were only two.
There are four -- all the combinations.
Mode 3 is like a left-handed mode 2 (A+E on left, R+T on right)
Mode 4 is like left-handed mode 1 (A+T on left, R+E on right)

Modes 3 and 4 are fairly rare.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:17 AM
Joined Dec 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
That just means that the friction(or ratchet) is on the left stick and the centering spring on the right (or the other way). All you have to do is interchange them physically, then select the appropriate mode when programming. They don't cover it in the manual, but it should be self evident when you actually have the transmitter and take the back off.
Is it like this http://www.airbornerc.com.au/how_to_...e_throttle.php . Are the parts the same or different

What about this
HobbyKing Turnigy FlySky 9x V2 Controller, Changing Mode 1 to 2 and Removable Module Conversion (3 min 49 sec)
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:39 AM
Joined Jun 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
There are four -- all the combinations.
Mode 3 is like a left-handed mode 2 (A+E on left, R+T on right)
Mode 4 is like left-handed mode 1 (A+T on left, R+E on right)

Modes 3 and 4 are fairly rare.
mode 4 is used on cheap toy 3 channel heli's and some 4 channel like MJX witch calls this mode 1, the idea being that its easier for a beginner to work throttle with left hand and direction R+E with the right on 3 ch.

MJX has 2 modes, mode 1 = to mode 4 on most hobby grade offers seamless integration from 3 to 4 ch flying by simply adding (A to T on the left stick) as its a lot easier to manage throttle and flying left or right than trying to manage throttle and rotating and makes for more stable flight for beginners and most 3 ch flyers are used of this way of flying already, some consider this to be a bad habit but I prefer it to mode 2 with (R+T on left & A+E on the right)

however I do force myself to fly both mode 2 and 4 just to be versatile as I have two IR 3ch heli's a mini and a micro for in doors and 2 small 4 ch indoor/ outdoor heli's I have acquired over the past 3 years and a 6ch Trex 450 v2 clone I just got this spring and am still learning on now

as for changing modes on the FS-CT6 I believe it has to be done through the programming software on your pc with the usb programming cable, thats how I do it, its simple once you get the hang of it you can store different configs on the PC and simply flash the TX, next best thing to having a TX with multi program memory.
JoeNezZ is offline Find More Posts by JoeNezZ