HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2010, 05:04 PM
Frogman
Stoughton, WI
Joined Jun 2009
1,711 Posts
Discussion
Our street after the blizzard yesterday

Took the tricopter out in the cold today and got a few pics with the GoPro of our street the day after our blizzard. We came out of it pretty good.

Heres the same pic with a little artsy HDR processing done to it.

Here's our house behind the pine tree.

Here's the house with that HDR fun added. Was just goofing around.

frogman1206 is offline Find More Posts by frogman1206
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2010, 05:16 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,364 Posts
Boy we went from summer like weather to deep winter! Your pictures are great. It was 2 above zero this morning and yesterday we had 40 to 50 MPH winds. 2 days before that it was 61 degrees F and nice. How does your tri do in the cold and snowy weather?
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Dec 13, 2010, 06:26 PM
I'll fly anything...
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2007
962 Posts
Great photos Frogman.

We have been "enjoying" 82+ days here with high humidity for the past week as we hit our Summer.
My twin sister lives in Fond-du-Lac WI... awesome photos from her this week too. Pity her husband is recovering from arm surgery and she is the one with the shovel!!!

Pete
Efliernz is offline Find More Posts by Efliernz
Old Dec 13, 2010, 06:53 PM
Frogman
Stoughton, WI
Joined Jun 2009
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quailbird View Post
Boy we went from summer like weather to deep winter! Your pictures are great. It was 2 above zero this morning and yesterday we had 40 to 50 MPH winds. 2 days before that it was 61 degrees F and nice. How does your tri do in the cold and snowy weather?
It handled the weather pretty nicely. About 30 seconds after I took off it blipped and recovered and was then smooth as silk....except for the wind blowing it around.

I didn't notice any issues with the gyros needing to get acclimated. I took it outside, plugged it in and had it in the air within a few minutes.

The cold was the hard part to deal with for me. I have a transmitter mitt my mom made for me last year and it works really well but you still get cold when your hands come out of it.

I'm off to celebrate my anniversary tomorrow for a few days and we are going to a resort area about an hour north of here. The tri is coming along so I am hoping to get some great winter pics and make an online christmas card to send out like I did last year. Here was last years.

Old Dec 13, 2010, 06:54 PM
Frogman
Stoughton, WI
Joined Jun 2009
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efliernz View Post
Great photos Frogman.

We have been "enjoying" 82+ days here with high humidity for the past week as we hit our Summer.
My twin sister lives in Fond-du-Lac WI... awesome photos from her this week too. Pity her husband is recovering from arm surgery and she is the one with the shovel!!!

Pete
Fond du Lac is about 2 hours from where I am and I'm sure they got plenty of white stuff too. I'm lucky enough to have a snow blower so the shovel isn't as heavy for me.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:10 PM
I'll fly anything...
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2007
962 Posts
Yup - they got a heap of snow.

After the successful test of my first Tri last night and the impending install of the Gopro, I am looking forward to having a quick and easy photo platform.

My Trex700 cameraship sort of owns the back of the car... so no flying when the family are with me. The tri is testing well.

Your Gopro shots above - are they grabs off the 1080 video / 127 degree or shot on 2 sec time-lapse mode / 170 degree???
Efliernz is offline Find More Posts by Efliernz
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:23 PM
Frogman
Stoughton, WI
Joined Jun 2009
1,711 Posts
Those shots are not frame grabs off the video but from photo mode every 2 seconds. The problem you will have if you built a tricopter is you may get part of the props in the sides of your pic because of the 170 degree view. I have to clone out the props in photoshop when I use it for photos. I'm thinking of making me cam mount extend a little farther out to get ride of them. That could just introduce more vibes though. When I use it for video I only use 1080/30p mode or the props will be in the video too. If you are building a T you won't have those problems.

It is quick and easy. Just a few minutes and you are in the air. On mine I can remove 2 nylon bolts on the front 2 arms and it folds up nice and small.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 03:27 AM
Israel, Ness Ziona
Joined Sep 2004
4,651 Posts
Very nice pics - Great!!
Guy
guyg is offline Find More Posts by guyg
Old Dec 15, 2010, 03:46 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010