Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:23 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1 Posts
Help!
Programming Spektrum DX6i Radio

Recently purchased this radio as an upgrade ... I have set up my foam sailplane as a dual aileron wing type as per the instruction manual as I have separate servos for each aileron ... reading the manual further it says that setting up the model like this enables you to then set the ailerons as either flaps or spoilers .. I've read and reread the manual and cannot find any info on how this is achieved .. can anyone help ?
aust448 is offline Find More Posts by aust448
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2010, 03:46 PM
Canada, ON, Kincardine
Joined Feb 2009
517 Posts
Check out the flap section in the programming. It is setup the same way as DR and expo. You have to move the switch then use the roller to make adjustments.
Helno is offline Find More Posts by Helno
Old Dec 18, 2010, 03:54 AM
Joined Aug 2009
102 Posts
dx6i....

You will need to add mixes and assign to a switch. the trick is in assigning the corect values in the mix (+/- etc) to make things work the way you want it too.

The Dx6i manual is pretty much useless. Use the internet, you tube etc.....and experiment on your own. Its frustrating at first but you will get it after awhile.

Its one of the poorer parts of the Spectrum line of radios in my opinion; they don't really tell you anything...just circular reasoning. For example, they might say, "to mix the channel, select mix and mix the channel"...gee thanks, that helped.

I just bought the new Dx8 and i thought it would be better....but no, basically same thing...useless; just have to work it out on your own by experimenting and searching the web.
tugboatq is offline Find More Posts by tugboatq
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:30 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,165 Posts
If this were a Radian Pro, they have a complete programming guide set up for that on the Horizon Hobby web site. If you download that you might be able to get the logic much more quickly.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr