HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2011, 08:20 PM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
702 Posts
Hi All,
Got my copy of V2 delivered from USPS today in the midst of yet another 7" snow storm... you know what I'll be doing!
Scott
Sctholson is offline Find More Posts by Sctholson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2011, 08:23 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceco View Post
With numlock off none of the fine trim keys work nor does the "+" key to invoke the data table. With numlock on the up elev fine trim does not work, although the other fine trim keys do, nor does the + key. All the fine trims worked before the latest update to FSO. I've verified the operation of the keyboard of course. I've tried reloading the latest update from the FSO web site. I assume I can install the update over the existing program and not have to uninstall anything before installing the update.

I'm running Win XP SP3, with all the latest updates.

diceco
Doesn't make any sense because we really did not change anything on keyboard. Works here and elsewhere. All we did was let out a 'secret' that's always been in code and used for engineering dev. Send me email if you want to troubleshoot this.

Yes, always install all FSOne.com updates over what you have. We will update the website to spell that out -- others are going to have that same question. Thanks.
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Jan 18, 2011, 08:24 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sctholson View Post
Hi All,
Got my copy of V2 delivered from USPS today in the midst of yet another 7" snow storm... you know what I'll be doing!
Scott
Shoveling snow?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 08:28 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapviper View Post
I have downloaded and installed the update already. Still having the same issue with the transmitter edit page and also still unable to get rid of low rates.
Make sure you're running 2.0.2 when it starts up. Make sure you delete any Tx setups you made w/ any prior versions. Then calibrate the Tx before you make copy and click edit. I did all that w/ Edge 540 and "Universal" (standard) Tx -- works with DX5e. Also, with DX5e, the flight modes are tied to the keyboard 1,2,3 because you don't have enough channels on Tx for flight mode function.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:09 PM
RC Student
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
Yes! Those all worked perfectly. Now at this point, everything is working great. Thanks again for all the help. I'll keep you guys updated as I continue to try and fry this sim. lol.
Trapviper is offline Find More Posts by Trapviper
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:27 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sctholson View Post
Hi All,
Scott
Well ? you have had it a day now whats it like !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:07 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,783 Posts
Thanks! Much appreciated.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by camilleg View Post
John, I don't have a DX8 actually in my hands, but it's buddy box compatible with DX7 so I'll bet you a quarter that it works. Use the DX7 spektrum adapter. (The DX5e isn't electrically different from the DX7, it's just smaller to accommodate a recessed trainer jack. The DX6i is electrically different.)
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Jan 19, 2011, 06:39 PM
RC Student
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
Talking with MSelig and I asked him about scaling a plane to fly like the SU-26xp Sukhoi. This is what he sent me as a recommendation and it works great. You have to fly in Low Rates for it to be right though and I highly recommend adjusting the Rudder Rates back to 100% to get the correct responce as well as bumping up the Elevator to around 80%. Just my opinion though.

Also, I noticed that if you up it to around 17000 RPM's instead of 15000, you should be able to get better knife edge flight.
Trapviper is offline Find More Posts by Trapviper
Last edited by Trapviper; Jan 23, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:54 PM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
702 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response, I went to install v2 and my cd drive didn't spin. I ended up creating a network and mapping a drive to another computer, and installing it that way. Both computers were at the limits of the wireless, so it was a slow process and by the time it was done it was well past my bed time. I did manage one flight after I calibrated the transmitter and all was smooth.
I need to go download the update and then check out the heli section... see if I need to make my modifications (discussed elsewhere, hmm, I guess I should post here too.)
I also want to check out the on-screen power stuff that was discussed a bit ago.
I did notice that I couldn't change the flight modes, but I see that issue was addressed, so I'll try that too.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:41 PM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
702 Posts
1. downloaded the update; that went smoothly
2. looked at the performance number by pressing the + key on the number keypad. At first only half of the display was visible. I changed the resolution of the monitors display properties, to lower numbers 800x600 (I think) then tried v2 again and couldn't see the displayed performance numbers at all. Then I changed the screen resolution to 1280 x 1024 (native resolution for my screen) and I was then able to see all the performance number.
3. Trim controls on the keypad work fine on my machine
4. Frame rate on the Trex 450 is crazy high 80 to 125 fps on pano sites
5. Frame rate on the airplane side is crazy bad 9 fps on pano sites
This was after I turned off all graphics, lowered all quality levels, turned off everything I could find, even turned off all start up programs in the MSconfig.
6. Trex 450 does need some modifications, I'll save that for tomorrow and post the changes.

Anyone have any ideas about low frame rates:
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:04 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Scott, The performance numbers display (w/ "+" key) is really for development, and you are right that it slows down the frame rate. And when you turn it off the frame rate is still slow. If you don't use it at all, nothing slows down and it's like normal. I added this thing for diceco, and it's really for engineering use. So just don't use it for normal flying is my recommendation.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:07 PM
TDI Abuser
Joined Sep 2002
4,125 Posts
WoW!! AGP !!
Did V1 run ok on this system ? That card is pretty weak IMO .
flyinghigh is offline Find More Posts by flyinghigh
Old Jan 20, 2011, 03:43 AM
United States, ME, Stonington
Joined Aug 2005
103 Posts
"+" Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
Scott, The performance numbers display (w/ "+" key) is really for development, and you are right that it slows down the frame rate. And when you turn it off the frame rate is still slow. If you don't use it at all, nothing slows down and it's like normal. I added this thing for diceco, and it's really for engineering use. So just don't use it for normal flying is my recommendation.
I tried loading the program into another Windows XP computer. The + key is still inoperative. For those of you that have gotten it to work, what operating system are you running? I see sctholsen is running XP. Or the monitor? I've got an Acer H203H (16:9) running 1600x900. I suppose I could try different resolutions but I get the idea that I should get something on the display when I push the "+" key. I sure would like to see that data!

(BTW I discovered it was MY problem on the elevator fine trim. I was pressing the WRONG KEY!!!$%*#! They say it will only get worse!!)

diceco
diceco is offline Find More Posts by diceco
Last edited by diceco; Jan 20, 2011 at 03:55 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 03:52 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
How are you guys finding the new version over the old i am itching to get a copy but want to hear what your thoughts are chaps so please chime in
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 06:32 AM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghigh View Post
WoW!! AGP !!
Did V1 run ok on this system ? That card is pretty weak IMO .
Ugh!, v1 did run, but I had similar frame rate problems. Prior to v1 this computer had nothing on it and since then I've installed other programs, which are taking up resources, it's seems worse. Which is why I turned off programs in msconfig. The technology I don't know, AGP is weak? I'll have to figure something out.
I think I"m realizing why I haven't been practicing fixed wing flying