HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:53 AM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
complete list of FS One v2 aircraft

Yes, that list pretty much matches the official list at http://www.fsone.com/faq.php#93 .
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:54 AM
RC Student
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
MSelig,

My V2 is up and running but I have a couple questions. How do change from high to low rates and back when in flight? I couldn't find a button for it and mine seems to be stuck on low rates. Also, when in training mode, is there a way to practice what the video shows while your in there, instead of backing all the way back out and starting a freestyle session?

Chas
Trapviper is offline Find More Posts by Trapviper
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:01 PM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Trapviper, the switches on your rc transmitter should flip between rates (a message will appear at top right on the screen), just like they do when you're flying outdoors.
In the lessons, as you guess, you can't ask Mike McConville, hey, gimme the sticks and let me try that; just resume freestyle flying.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:10 PM
RC Student
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
I'm using a DX5e and it's not changing on the screen when I switch from hi to low rates.. Still says Low all the time. Also, if I go to the armory, with the mini electric edge 540, it goes into indestructible plane mode automatically aparently.. I'm bouncing off the walls and flying away.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:15 PM
RC Student
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
And I seem to have some major glitches in the edit transmitter screen.. Nothing in that screen works properly, I can't see any of the info when I pull up menus and it freezes the game completely after a minute or so of trying to use it.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:15 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Maybe this is a sign maybe its time to upgrade
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:19 PM
RC Student
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
Lol. Thanks.. I'm new to RC planes so the dx5e seemed like a good idea at the time. I bought my first plane, micro t28, less than a month ago.. Then bought Sukhoi xp, micro champ, and eblade mcx.. And this sim..
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:22 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapviper View Post
Lol. Thanks.. I'm new to RC planes so the dx5e seemed like a good idea at the time. I bought my first plane, micro t28, less than a month ago.. Then bought Sukhoi xp, micro champ, and eblade mcx.. And this sim..
Only joking ! but by the speed of your progression you would benefit by cutting your losses and selling your DX5E and buying a DX6i.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:29 PM
RC Student
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
You're probably right, and that will probably be something I do in the near future.. Another side note.. The mini electric edge 540 is indestructible all the time on every field..
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:11 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Update 2.0.2 (r547)

Quote:
And I seem to have some major glitches in the edit transmitter screen.. Nothing in that screen works properly, I can't see any of the info when I pull up menus and it freezes the game completely after a minute or so of trying to use it.
Did you install the update at FSOne.com?
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:13 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Quote:
I'm using a DX5e and it's not changing on the screen when I switch from hi to low rates.. Still says Low all the time. Also, if I go to the armory, with the mini electric edge 540, it goes into indestructible plane mode automatically aparently.. I'm bouncing off the walls and flying away.
That is right. That min airplane in the sim is indestructible. Some of the small scaled airplanes we setup that way.
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:32 PM
RC Student
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
I have downloaded and installed the update already. Still having the same issue with the transmitter edit page and also still unable to get rid of low rates.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:12 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,260 Posts
Michael any advice on which Spektrum adapter version to order to use with a DX8?

Thanks, John
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:01 PM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
Has anyone got FSOne v2 to work with the DX8 and if so what adapter is required of the 3 different Spektrum types?

Thanks, John
John, I don't have a DX8 actually in my hands, but it's buddy box compatible with DX7 so I'll bet you a quarter that it works. Use the DX7 spektrum adapter. (The DX5e isn't electrically different from the DX7, it's just smaller to accommodate a recessed trainer jack. The DX6i is electrically different.)
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:43 PM
United States, ME, Stonington
Joined Aug 2005
103 Posts
Re: NUMLOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
Turn off NumLock on your keyboard/keypad.
With numlock off none of the fine trim keys work nor does the "+" key to invoke the data table. With numlock on the up elev fine trim does not work, although the other fine trim keys do, nor does the + key. All the fine trims worked before the latest update to FSO. I've verified the operation of the keyboard of course. I've tried reloading the latest update from the FSO web site. I assume I can install the update over the existing program and not have to uninstall anything before installing the update.

I'm running Win XP SP3, with all the latest updates.

diceco
diceco is offline Find More Posts by diceco