SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:37 PM
Joined May 2008
263 Posts
jetfanatix,
I myself am just excited about getting new planes in fsone v2 and that they will all be on a free download basis.

v1 was a Horizon "Hangar9" branded product. From what I understand this is a relaunch of fsone after departing from being a Hangar 9 product. I'm sure there will be other improvements as deemed necessary in time in addition to ongoing new planes. There have so far been some technical improvements like the subtle physics improvement and the much higher resolution usb interface.
Aerosapien is offline Find More Posts by Aerosapien
Last edited by Aerosapien; Jan 14, 2011 at 07:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:52 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Aero data

diceco-

I looked at this a little. The first thing I noticed is that the power that you are referring to is called "Approx Max Power". I wrote that code, and the word "approximate" is very meaningful. So there is something approximate about it. I've not gone in and looked at that part of code, but I did do something that you and others might find much more useful, not approximate.

The update that we are posting tonight includes some bit of code that I use when developing new airplane models. It works *only* for airplanes. After you install the update, start flying and press the "+" key on the keypad (right number keypad). You will then see this data displayed:

V (mph)
V (ft/sec)
Alpha (deg)
Beta (deg)
L/D
Thrust (lb)
Power (Hp)
RPM

It will show the data in realtime (like watching a stock ticker). This data is coming from deep inside the aero code and propeller code. We run the airframe aero calculations separate from the propeller aero. So the propeller has inertia and torque, and it accelerates when you add power to produce thrust. I think other sims just have the prop always on (running) and/or tied directly to the stick (more stick, more RPM). We don't do that. The propeller is being driven by power, and spins up/down and can be stopped by killing the motor with the 'k' key.

This is really engineering data so please consider it 'beta', and I might keep it in the sim. I've not put this out there before because it's going to be geeky for most people.

If you press the "?" key when flying you will notice that the keypad "+" key does nothing. Well, now you know what that key is really used for ... numbers ... lots and lots of numbers!
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:37 PM
Joined May 2008
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
<SNIP>
The update that we are posting tonight includes some bit of code that I use when developing new airplane models. It works *only* for airplanes. After you install the update, start flying and press the "+" key on the keypad (right number keypad).
<SNIP>
I like this feature I was doing harrier and seeing at what angle of attack the lift/drag was staying around 1.0

Looks like half of the data read-out is cut off at the top of the screen though. I can see RPM, Power, Thrust and L/D.
Aerosapien is offline Find More Posts by Aerosapien
Old Jan 15, 2011, 03:22 PM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
re: multiple rebates

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenrev View Post
If I own both FSOne V1 and Phoenix can I claim both rebates?
http://www.fsone.com/faq.php#13 doesn't say either way. It doesn't even forbid you from claiming the upgrade rebate and a dozen competitive rebates if you'd bought many versions of other sims, *theoretically* forcing InertiaSoft to give you v2 for free. I'm no lawyer, but *practically* I doubt that they'd give you more than one rebate.

(Whoops. I didn't see that Michael Selig already replied.)
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
Old Jan 15, 2011, 03:40 PM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
new planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaas75 View Post
... there was no new planes and after a while it gets boring, so pls keep a healthy influx of new planes and youll have me as a customer again
jaas
jaas, I'm in no position to tell you what is or isn't boring, or how much influx is or isn't healthy. But you can expect a steady stream of free new planes, and you know that their physics will be accurate. FS One won't sacrifice accuracy for non-boringness. (I'll admit that Super Mario Kart is less boring than Gran Turismo 5!) And meanwhile, you can scale any aircraft to any size, of course.
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
Old Jan 15, 2011, 04:28 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,611 Posts
Michael it's great to see FS One back. Good luck with v2 and I hope it continues to develop in strength.

The price is very reasonable but just a tiny whinge.

Owners of FS One version 1 can receive a $30 rebate when they upgrade to version 2. Offer good only in the USA and Canada.

So what's with the foreign prejudice? I paid just as much for my v1 and there is no additional cost to you guys in doing a rebate overseas using Paypal.
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:40 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
Michael it's great to see FS One back. Good luck with v2 and I hope it continues to develop in strength.

The price is very reasonable but just a tiny whinge.

Owners of FS One version 1 can receive a $30 rebate when they upgrade to version 2. Offer good only in the USA and Canada.

So what's with the foreign prejudice? I paid just as much for my v1 and there is no additional cost to you guys in doing a rebate overseas using Paypal.
You bring up a very good question. Rebates -- There are all kinds of factors that come into play when sending money to any country on the planet -- legal, accounting, taxes, customs, lost-funds, missing-funds, stolen-funds issues, etc. What are all those factors and how might they all apply, we don't know. And we don't want to find out the hard way just like 99.9% of all other companies based in the US and giving rebates. Even in the US, certain states have different laws related to rebates. Also, most all rebates coming out of the US are restricted to US only, or sometimes US and Canada. So really there is nothing new under the sun, and we like it just about as much as you do (i.e., we don't).

Having said that, we're glad to be back too. It took two years to dig out of the various ties and then retool ..... gasp.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:42 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosapien View Post
I like this feature I was doing harrier and seeing at what angle of attack the lift/drag was staying around 1.0

Looks like half of the data read-out is cut off at the top of the screen though. I can see RPM, Power, Thrust and L/D.
Humm.... so that's why it's that new engineering-data gadget is called "beta" in the release notes. You might try resizing your windows to make it wider (less tall, higher aspect ratio).

Yes, L/D is very interesting and key to modeling ........
Last edited by MSelig; Jan 15, 2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: .
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:35 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,611 Posts
Go on. Just slip 30 greenbacks into an unmarked brown paper envelope and mail it.

Seriously, I can see the point. It's not as if you are asking outrageous prices for the product after all.

(And I'm pretty impressed with the customer service and speed response as well.)

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
You bring up a very good question. Rebates -- There are all kinds of factors that come into play when sending money to any country on the planet -- legal, accounting, taxes, customs, lost-funds, missing-funds, stolen-funds issues, etc. What are all those factors and how might they all apply, we don't know. And we don't want to find out the hard way just like 99.9% of all other companies based in the US and giving rebates. Even in the US, certain states have different laws related to rebates. Also, most all rebates coming out of the US are restricted to US only, or sometimes US and Canada. So really there is nothing new under the sun, and we like it just about as much as you do (i.e., we don't).

Having said that, we're glad to be back too. It took two years to dig out of the various ties and then retool ..... gasp.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 02:42 PM
USA, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2011
22 Posts
I'm very curious about the sim. My primary interest is RC heli's and the Blade 400 in particular? In visiting the website, I could not find a list of included models. Could someone tell me what RC heli models are included?

TIA!!
Conner Dain is offline Find More Posts by Conner Dain
Old Jan 17, 2011, 03:02 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,611 Posts
From the FAQs

» What aircraft are included in FS One version 2?
In addition to free aircraft downloads, FS One v2 comes with over 40 popular airplanes, helis and park flyers, which include:

Airplanes:

BVM Bobcat XL
BVM MiG-15
E-flite® Brio 10
E-flite Extra 260 3D
E-flite Tribute 3D Profile
E-flite Ultimate 3D Profile
E-flite Ascent™ Park Glider
Hangar 9® 40-size Cub
Hangar 9 AT-6 Texan 60
Hangar 9 Cessna 182 Skylane (coming soon)
Hangar 9 Edge 540 33%
Hangar 9 F-22 PTS
Hangar 9 F4U Corsair 60
Hangar 9 FuntanaS™ 3D 90
Hangar 9 FuntanaS 3D 40
Hangar 9 P-51 150
Hangar 9 P-51 PTS
Hangar 9 ShowTime 50
Hangar 9 T-34 Mentor 40
Hangar 9 Twist™ 3D 40
Hangar 9 Ultimate TOC 46%
Hangar 9 Ultra Stick™ Lite 120
Hangar 9 Alpha™ 40 (Trainer)
HobbyZone Firebird Commander
HobbyZone® Aerobird Xtreme™
ParkZone® F-27B Stryker™
ParkZone Slo-V™
ParkZone J-3 Cub
Piper Pawnee 30%
Supra (full house sailplane
Swift - 44% scale aerobatic sailplane, 18-ft span
SwiftE - electric variant
Tracon - 124 inch span (3.1 m), 4.5 lb sailplane
TraconE - electric variant
TraconE-DS - electric variant, heavy for dynamic soaring
TraconK2 - straight winged Tracon with different paint setup
TraconK2E - electric variant, heavy for dynamic soaring
Helicopters:

Align T-REX 450SA
Bell Long Ranger (coming soon)
E-flite Blade CP Pro
E-flite Blade CP w/Training Gear
E-flite Blade CX Coaxial Micro Heli
E-flite Blade CX w/Training Gear
E-flite Blade CX2
E-flite Blade™ CP Micro Heli
FS One Jet Copter SX
JR Vigor™
JR Voyager 50 (Trainer)
JR Voyager 50
JR Voyager E CCPM Heli
JR® Voyager™ E 3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner Dain View Post
I'm very curious about the sim. My primary interest is RC heli's and the Blade 400 in particular? In visiting the website, I could not find a list of included models. Could someone tell me what RC heli models are included?

TIA!!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 03:05 PM
USA, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
From the FAQs
Thank you!
Conner Dain is offline Find More Posts by Conner Dain
Old Jan 17, 2011, 03:13 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,611 Posts
Spektrum DX8

Has anyone got FSOne v2 to work with the DX8 and if so what adapter is required of the 3 different Spektrum types?

Thanks, John
Old Jan 18, 2011, 08:16 AM
United States, ME, Stonington
Joined Aug 2005
103 Posts
Re: Data Display

Quote:
press the "+" key on the keypad (right number keypad).
Mmmm.. Can't get it to work on my system. The up elevator super trim doesn't work any more either!

diceco
diceco is offline Find More Posts by diceco
Old Jan 18, 2011, 09:42 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
NumLock

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceco View Post
Mmmm.. Can't get it to work on my system. The up elevator super trim doesn't work any more either!

diceco
Turn off NumLock on your keyboard/keypad.