HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:29 AM
Windsor, Canada
Joined Sep 2003
151 Posts
fs one

Thanks Mike,
Model switched to Eflite extra 260.The wing span is set to 72".
Very close feeling to the real world.
Still need some improvements :CG moved rearward a little bit:0.03
ailerons,rudder, elevator are not as responsive as needed.
Went to edit the throw on rud,aileron and elev ,does not seems to
be enough.Is it another way to increase the throw.
On the transmitter all the throw are set to maximun.
Is the transmitter has some effects like expo, throw on the sim?
Is the transmitter emitting when in use with the sim ?
Thanks for your help
Most realistic sim I play with so far.
Phil
philfun is offline Find More Posts by philfun
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:41 AM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philfun View Post
Thanks Mike,
Thanks for your help
Phil
Throw edits are done in the transmitter edit screen and this is possible.
Doesn't matter what you have set in the physical transmitter for end points or max throws, the software doesn't pay attention to that, in fact you may hinder the software if you do adjust the physical transmitter.
Expo is done in the software again transmitter edit screen
Is the transmitter emitting when in use with the sim ? Not sure.

I was looking for a screen shot of the transmitter edit screen, but I don't seem to have it on this computer. if you'd like feel free to scan my old posts, you'll eventually come up with a few that show that screen. It takes a bit to understand the transmitter edit screen, but eventually it makes sense. If you're having trouble, check the FAQ page to see if there is an article about this, otherwise post again if you are unable to figure it out and I'll create a tutorial about those specific edits.
Sctholson is online now Find More Posts by Sctholson
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:46 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Mike,
Thanks for your help
Phil
Ok, Scott got here first! But I was typing already ....:

Aero: Ok, I'm guessing that your Suhkoi has bigger ailerons than on the Eflite Extra 260. For this airplane, the control surfaces in the sim only go up to 50 deg, (usually) and I did this because past that point they become much less effective. So you've hit the limit on throws. The work around (trying to turn the Extra 260 into a Sukhoi) is to edit the airplane.

From the Scaling Wizard/Edit Aircraft page, click on the "Aerodynamics" tab. Scroll down until you see the PropwashSpeedFast parameter. This controls the propwash speed, and increasing this will make the ailerons, elevator and rudder more effective -- they are in the propwash. Tweak both the PropwashSpeedFast and PropwashSpeedSlow (increase them). The difference is that the "Slow" one controls the propwash when you're flying slow. And, yes, ... the "Fast" one controls the propwash speed when you're flying fast. They blend together in the sim depending on the flight speed. You can customize it more by editing the values for the rudder, elevator and ailerons independently. The picture below shows the page. Click on any parameter to get a short description, and then click on "Detail Description" to see more.

Expo: To tweak the expo, click on the Tx and make a copy. When you make this copy, it makes a setup for your current Extra 260 and Tx. (If you pick a new airplane, then let the sim pick the default 'Univeral Tx'. If you go back to your Extra 260, go into the Tx list and pick your custom Tx w/ your tweaks.) Ok, so w/ the copy, click Edit. Collapse the first pane on left, and you see the channels and settings. Set the flight mode that you want to edit (use switch on your Tx or keyboard to change flight mode). You'll see the current flight mode change in the box. Then, to the right is "EXP" = the expo for each channel. Click on the expo value you that you want to change. The picture below shows the setup.

Tx emit: Transmitters do not emit when used w/ sims. When the trainer port is engaged w/ the sim cable, transmission stops. Caveat: To be sure, experiment w/ a receiver or check the manual for your own Tx.
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Last edited by MSelig; Aug 16, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:39 AM
Windsor, Canada
Joined Sep 2003
151 Posts
Fsone

Thanks a lot.
Another question :where to find the indoor scenery ?
Love it.
Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:42 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a lot.
Another question :where to find the indoor scenery ?
Love it.
Thanks
From a Fly page, click on the flying site icon (top right on fly page). Then click on 'pano' button (top right on flying site page). Then scroll down to find them, or click on the drop down (top right) to see the group 'indoor'.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:27 AM
Boulogne (92), France
Joined Aug 2007
35 Posts
Hi all,

I have read most of this thread since last week, and it was the first time I read about FS One which I did not know about before.

I am owner and user of Phoenix and already had a try at RealFlight (G3.5/G4.5) and Aerofly. I mostly fly planes and have always be a bit disappointed by flight behavior in the sims. Even a simple behavior like stall envelope and stall behavior is often not correctly modeled in most sims I already tried.

I fly several mid-size planes from high-wing electric trainer to a low-wing electric BO 209 Monsun.

I will soon fly a heavier and more touchy plane - a warbird (Spitfire 50 EP from Kyosho)

I would like to use a sim which gives me a realistic behavior and feedback for this type of plane, which is not the result I get with Phoenix (and from what I know, neither with RF or AeroFly). I don't give priority to number of planes available or top-notch graphics, as long as I can use the sim to practice realistic RC flight envelope for planes.

So from what I read, FS One could be the software I need.

I am living in Europe (France), I hope that shipment and travel time is not too long

Regards
Chris
Osirith is offline Find More Posts by Osirith
Last edited by Osirith; Sep 03, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:23 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Glad to hear that you decided to get FS One. Sounds like we need to advertise to get the word out.......!

A couple of tips when it arrives:
  • After you install, update the software from the FSOne.com downloads page. Like all good software, ours benefits from updates plus it adds new airplanes/features.
  • Second, per the "Quick Start Guide" that comes in the box w/ the sim, use the "Universal Tx" when you make your transmitter selection. Then calibrate. You will not have to pick the Tx again because it will be done automatically behind the scenes when you change airplanes in the sim. (ps Set up your real Tx for airplane and no mixing/no nothing. All flight modes/dual rates/etc are done inside the sim w/ the Tx settings specific to each aircraft.)
It will ship tomorrow (Tues)!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:37 AM
Boulogne (92), France
Joined Aug 2007
35 Posts
Thanks for your reply and the tips Mike. Online support like you do here is a great bonus to have with such a sim

Now waiting for my package... Guess I should expect 10-15 days delay for traveling overseas...

I checked yesterday and it seems that FS One is not discussed at all in the main French RC forum, where almost all competitors are. Waiting first to get a try on the real software, and if it lives upto my expectations, be sure I will post a nice thread about it on this forum for all to discover it.

Chris
Osirith is offline Find More Posts by Osirith
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:07 AM
Windsor, Canada
Joined Sep 2003
151 Posts
fsone

Hey Chris,
Best investment I did on a sim.
You won't regret it.
Let us know if any questions.Mike is top to help us.
Great sim ,great service.
Phil
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:57 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
FWIW - Just finished major overhaul of FSOne.com site. But these things are always a work in progress!
It was fun making the Quicktime 3D pano movies on Gallery page.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:29 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Quick announcement here for FS One Version 2 owners.
We've just released the latest update (Version 2.1.0) w/ the Spitfire MK.II 60 from Hangar 9. The download is on FSOne.com.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Oct 2008
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
Quick announcement here for FS One Version 2 owners.
We've just released the latest update (Version 2.1.0) w/ the Spitfire MK.II 60 from Hangar 9. The download is on FSOne.com.
Thanks, Mike.

I found that the Spit 60 ARF really likes to climb with flaps up, transmitter calibrated and elevator trim at neutral. I changed the elevator trip offset from 0.18 to 1 and it felt a lot better to me.
Lee Jay is offline Find More Posts by Lee Jay
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:56 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Jay View Post
Thanks, Mike.

I found that the Spit 60 ARF really likes to climb with flaps up, transmitter calibrated and elevator trim at neutral. I changed the elevator trip offset from 0.18 to 1 and it felt a lot better to me.
Are you trimming for full power or half throttle? I think the 65-in span version is tuned (trimmed) for closer to half throttle.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Oct 2008
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
Are you trimming for full power or half throttle? I think the 65-in span version is tuned (trimmed) for closer to half throttle.
Full throttle. My experience is that most people that fly warbirds tend to fly a heck of a lot of fast low passes and cubans and such. They aren't that great at aerobatics so that makes sense.
Lee Jay is offline Find More Posts by Lee Jay
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:30 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Jay View Post
Full throttle. My experience is that most people that fly warbirds tend to fly a heck of a lot of fast low passes and cubans and such. They aren't that great at aerobatics so that makes sense.
More testing .....
I'm agreeing w/ you here. We'll get another update posted in the next day or so.
Thanks.