SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,647 Posts
Thanks!
I had just found it & was going to delete my post.
Mike.
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 05:54 PM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
688 Posts
Now where would be the fun in that!
Sctholson is offline Find More Posts by Sctholson
Old May 17, 2012, 03:10 PM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
After sixty seconds of googling SCAS, I see why you couldn't just look it up. Hundreds of red herrings, from Southern Counties Archery Society to Spastic Children's Association of Singapore. ...though gyros might help both arrows and kids with cerebral palsy, come to think of it.
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:00 PM
United States, IL, Urbana
Joined May 2012
2 Posts
In the heli world sometimes SCAS is also called CSAS... but Googling that leads nowhere as well.
SimFlightTest is offline Find More Posts by SimFlightTest
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:07 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Searching for the full monty "heli stability and control augmentation system" usually points in the right direction, e.g.

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/iceman/pilot20.htm
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:34 AM
United States, WI, Kenosha
Joined Aug 2004
79 Posts
Any new updates coming soon?
bhouin is offline Find More Posts by bhouin
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:09 AM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Michael's not been in the habit of announcing things waaay in advance. Downright traitorous to the software industry, eh.
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:57 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Bahh! where is V3
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:02 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,120 Posts
Getting into warbirds and needing to upgrade from RF Basic to a real flight sim. Wondering the following with respect to FSO:

1. Are things like realistic tip stall, p-factor on rollout, effect of lifting off too early (death roll to the left) and effects of CG for planes like the Corsair 60 and Mustang modeled in detail?

2. Have a H9 Mustang "40" (basically the electrified PTS) and was wondering if FSO allows user to accurately model different power and prop setups. Example: comparing a Power 46 on 4S spinning a 15x10 prop vs same motor on 5S spinning a 12x12 prop.

3. Can I move CG around and manipulate model weight for one of the canned models.

4. It would be nice to have at least one elliptical wing model to understand flight character EG Seagull Models Sea Fury or H9 Spitfire. Anything like that coming soon?

5. Does the latest software version have an accurate Trex 450?

6. How do TX setting work? Are expo, throw, and radio computer mixes on my Aurora-9 modeled into FSO and do they come from the radio, or do I have to set them up on the software? Are complex computer flight modes such as Cambermix and Snaproll reflected?

7. Can a day with 5mph steay wind but out of any vector from SW to NW with occasional gusts to 10mph (example) be modeled or is there a "variable wind mode" of some sort?

Thx in advance for any information.
TTRotary is online now Find More Posts by TTRotary
Last edited by TTRotary; Jul 18, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:41 PM
Windsor, Canada
Joined Sep 2003
151 Posts
Fs one

Where to find the list of 3d planes available ?
Thanks
Phil
philfun is online now Find More Posts by philfun
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:15 PM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
Getting into warbirds and needing to upgrade from RF Basic to a real flight sim. Wondering the following with respect to FSO:

1. Are things like realistic tip stall, p-factor on rollout, effect of lifting off too early (death roll to the left) and effects of CG for planes like the Corsair 60 and Mustang modeled in detail?
Tip stall yes
P-factor- not sure
Lift off too early effects, yes
Effect of CG yes, but not sure about your specific planes

2. Have a H9 Mustang "40" (basically the electrified PTS) and was wondering if FSO allows user to accurately model different power and prop setups. Example: comparing a Power 46 on 4S spinning a 15x10 prop vs same motor on 5S spinning a 12x12 prop.
yes and no. These parameters can be changed, but I'm not sure how successful you will find the parameters to edit. From recollection you won't be able to change the motor type to get the Power 46, but you will be able to change the various motor characteristics, but you'll have to know these in advance to set the software.
I think you can change the prop size and and to change the battery you'll be changing the voltage to the system.

3. Can I move CG around and manipulate model weight for one of the canned models.
Yes
4. It would be nice to have at least one elliptical wing model to understand flight character EG Seagull Models Sea Fury or H9 Spitfire. Anything like that coming soon?
not sure, with FSO do not expect models to come out frequently. They are slow to be released, very slow.

5. Does the latest software version have an accurate Trex 450?
No work has been done to the helicopters since the help update a few years ago. This is a plank specific software. Depending on your skill level, the 450 flies pretty well, if you need to slow it down search for my edits in this thread.

6. How do TX setting work? Are expo, throw, and radio computer mixes on my Aurora-9 modeled into FSO and do they come from the radio, or do I have to set them up on the software? Are complex computer flight modes such as Cambermix and Snaproll reflected?
This one gets complicated, the software is set up to allow the software to change the settings you refer to, however with the know how you can get your radio to control these settings, but don't count on a lot of help. Sure we can help on this forum, but setting up the software so your radio controls the settings is a lot of trial and error. FSO is super flexible in the hands on one who knows how.
Not sure about. Am remix or snap roll.

7. Can a day with 5mph steay wind but out of any vector from SW to NW with occasional gusts to 10mph (example) be modeled or is there a "variable wind mode" of some sort?
Yes I'm pretty sure this already exists and again you can customize this further.

Thx in advance for any information.
best,
Scott
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:25 AM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,120 Posts
Thx Scott, very helpful.
TTRotary is online now Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:50 AM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philfun View Post
Where to find the list of 3d planes available ?
Thanks
Phil
Scroll down about half way.

http://www.fsone.com/faq.php#93
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:02 PM
Windsor, Canada
Joined Sep 2003
151 Posts
fs one

Thanks,
Is it possible to run FS ONE on a laptop ?
The fastest CPU I found so far is 2.3Gh.
Is it fast enough ?
Thanks
Phil
philfun is online now Find More Posts by philfun
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:53 PM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
688 Posts
2.3 ghz is just one element of the "speed".
I have a Dell, with a i5 intel core processor (don't know how many hz it is running, but FSOne runs fine on it. I am only able to fly certain flying fields some of them are quite processor intensive, I also turn off some of the features of the software, but from a standpoint of will the software run, yes it will. Will you get the absolute best experience when running it on a laptop... probably not.
I often times output the screen to my 42" flatscreen... nice !!!