HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:57 PM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Diceco, serrations work on non-flat foils too, although we didn't measure that ourselves. The paper cites someone else who did, with the bumps on the LE of whale fins.
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:36 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,648 Posts
OK,
I'm in trouble now, I just purchased a Vandal DLG!
Now I need an equivalent in FSone!
What's available?
Mike.
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:44 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorski View Post
OK,
I'm in trouble now, I just purchased a Vandal DLG!
Now I need an equivalent in FSone!
What's available?
Mike.
We have a DLG in the pipeline -- Vladimir's Model ELF which looks pretty cool.
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:16 AM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,648 Posts
An ELF will do fine!
Mike.
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:15 PM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Troble loding fs One

my grandfather gave me a FSONE v.1.0 flight simulator.serial number JIETPS-842962 AND IT DOES NOT WORK. Can anyone help me fine a working number so i can download the simulator?
thanks in advance Jeffey Bonner
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:56 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
my grandfather gave me a FSONE v.1.0 flight simulator.serial number JIETPS-842962 AND IT DOES NOT WORK. Can anyone help me fine a working number so i can download the simulator?
thanks in advance Jeffey Bonner
I do not know what code you have listed above. I would be surprised if it did work, i.e. it should not work. You will need to find the one that came w/ your simulator (V1). It is usually on the back of the CD package.

ps If you cannot find it, use the contact form on FSOne.com.
Last edited by MSelig; Dec 31, 2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:07 AM
Cleveland Ohio
Cleveland Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
244 Posts
confusing and non functional sim

i have every sim out there and this new version is most confusing. i am trying to calibrate a 9303 mode 2 tx and a supra. the four servos in wing are really out of wack. can even get simple ailerion. get flaps instead. i am afraid to delete functions for fear they are gone forever. unflyable!!!

where is there a sherman knight for setting up this program when you need one?

Bill
wsnowfall is offline Find More Posts by wsnowfall
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:40 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsnowfall View Post
i have every sim out there and this new version is most confusing. i am trying to calibrate a 9303 mode 2 tx and a supra. the four servos in wing are really out of wack. can even get simple ailerion. get flaps instead. i am afraid to delete functions for fear they are gone forever. unflyable!!!

where is there a sherman knight for setting up this program when you need one?

Bill
Well, I'm no "Sherman Knight", but here goes:

Steps:

1) On the 9303, start w/ a reset model (don't use your Tx programming). You might need to turn off INH (inhibit) on one of your switches.
2) Pick Supra
3) Click on Tx (should have 'Universal' selected per Quick Start Guide)
4) Calibrate per on screen instructions (it's the same for all airplanes)
5) Click on flight manual to see all mixes ... lots of mixes.

... these steps are the same for any airplane in the sim, and taking this route is easy.

So I will guess here that you are trying to use your 9303 programming? Don't do that because it's as hard as doing it in real, and as you might know the Supra has a ton of mixing. BTW: We use all of Mark Drela's mixes per (somewhere) online, and he uses the Evo. All of that programming is already setup for you in the sim w/ steps 1-5 above.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:51 AM
Cleveland Ohio
Cleveland Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
244 Posts
setup

I also have an
evo

in the edit secton, i took the jr tx picture and gave it a unique name. than i tried to calibrate it. None of the widgets linked with right servo. i tried to use axis 1 - 4 for main control. it was always stuck in crow and the throttle stick changed them, could not yet get the three postion toggle to do it. i have not used the tacom tx yet; with fs2 i did use my jr ok. i haven tried any of the mixes. i really would like to clean out all the mixes and reenter them one at a time. i am not sure to get rid of mixes. my fear if i delete them they are gone forever.

will try your suggestion tomorrow when i have the time and am not so tired.\

thanks so far. there should be a manual to explain how all those mixes got into the jr tx. btw, i have no problems programming the evo or the 9303, just fsone, go figure
wsnowfall is offline Find More Posts by wsnowfall
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Sep 2008
149 Posts
I've been wondering about 90 degree 3.5mm adapters to use on the USB cord which connects to my DX6i. Basically I'm wondering if something like this works without any problems.

http://www.amazon.com/IEC-3-5mm-Ster.../dp/B003U49L2G

I don't like how I have to hold my transmitter with the cord sticking out the way it does on the backside. The jack for the USB cord is right above the battery cover on the DX6i and it really bothers me. I feel like I'm going to destroy my connector for FS One if I keep using it this way.
mwilson914 is offline Find More Posts by mwilson914
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:45 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilson914 View Post
I've been wondering about 90 degree 3.5mm adapters to use on the USB cord which connects to my DX6i. Basically I'm wondering if something like this works without any problems.

http://www.amazon.com/IEC-3-5mm-Ster.../dp/B003U49L2G

I don't like how I have to hold my transmitter with the cord sticking out the way it does on the backside. The jack for the USB cord is right above the battery cover on the DX6i and it really bothers me. I feel like I'm going to destroy my connector for FS One if I keep using it this way.
The connector for the DX6i is a mono plug. So I'd go w/ a 90-deg mono plug because the contact points inside the Tx are designed for mono ... and a stereo plug might not work correctly.
Last edited by MSelig; Jan 14, 2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:36 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,689 Posts
I'd cut it off and solder on a right angle connector.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:38 PM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
right-angle Tx cable adapters

mwilson194, a properly wired stereo adapter ought to work fine, as long as tip goes to tip, ring to ring, sleeve to sleeve. A stereo plug at the tx's mono jack means that either ring or sleeve gets no connection at that end... but the same layout happens at the other end of the adapter.

I'm merely belaboring this point because 90-degree mono adapters are hard to find. There's one at http://www.cablesandconnectors.com/25000-25.HTM sku 25016 / PHILMORE # 561A for $5.
But stereo ones are less than a buck in many stores, e.g. http://www.mycablemart.com/store/car..._detail&p=2372 .
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:11 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,689 Posts
If a person is willing to solder, there are plenty of right angle stereo connectors out, just jumper sleeve to ring to make sure it works in most "mono" devices (tip/sleeve).
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:39 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,689 Posts
What are the chances of getting an F-86 EDF model? One that scales down to the 15 inch size of the new Hobbico plane.