HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:28 AM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
About split screen, I should chime in that the split can be between monitors, on a two-monitor (or laptop plus external monitor) PC. So two pilots don't need to get as tangled up as at a control-line combat competition!
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:47 PM
Joined Oct 2008
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
Mike McConville's Ultimate bip has this mix tied to the gear switch (in real so we put it in the sim). I've not seen this kind of mix before. But when turned on w/ switch, it makes the airplane very stable in high alpha harrier model (both inverted and upright).

I can definitely understand how weird this would be if you did not know that it was on! But it's pretty apparent (easy to see) up close because the mix is so large and there are four big ailerons flapping around w/ elevator stick.

I think the mix is only good to turn on in harriers. In hover, the mix is not useful.

I'm curious if anyone in the thread here knows more about this type of mix -- how common is it?
I know it's pretty apparent, but I just didn't notice it. I often do pattern-style takeoffs straight down the middle of the runway so the plane is pretty far away once I give it elevator.

You can imagine having this in a random position. Sometimes it would fly harrier okay, sometimes not. And just go try getting it to snap like this! No wonder I thought the snap was crazy. Okay, so problem explained.

It seems like the basic idea here is to prevent tip stall in harrier mode.
Lee Jay is offline Find More Posts by Lee Jay
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:30 AM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Jay View Post
I know it's pretty apparent, but I just didn't notice it. I often do pattern-style takeoffs straight down the middle of the runway so the plane is pretty far away once I give it elevator.

You can imagine having this in a random position. Sometimes it would fly harrier okay, sometimes not. And just go try getting it to snap like this! No wonder I thought the snap was crazy. Okay, so problem explained.

It seems like the basic idea here is to prevent tip stall in harrier mode.
I just went back to the HH Ultimate TOC build manual and they have this:
Spoileron Mixing

"This can be achieved by using either a preprogrammed
elevator to flap mix or a P-mix. Assign elevator as the
master channel and flap as the slave. Set the mix
values so that when full up, 3D elevator is given, both
ailerons also go up 35 degrees. This mix helps
stabilize the model in some 3D maneuvers, such as the
Elevator and Harrier."
It makes the harriers rock solid. In a normal (deep) harrier, tip stalls are not a concern, but elevator and throttle input need to be well coordinated to manage speed and altitude. But w/ this mix, it makes the entire flight regime much easier. It does, however, make the airplane 'plunge' and little w/ elevator, so it has a bit of a different look when in this mode -- consistent w/ the different feel. I usually do not fly w/ the mix on.
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:32 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris.... View Post
I just want to congratulate MSelig and the team...

I have had FSoneV2 for a few months now, and it is the best sim for fixedwing
I know this is a bold statement, but the plane physics in FSone blow the other sims out the water imo
I also own RealFlight/Phoenix /Aerofly and Reflex XTR they all feel a little wooden and unreal in comparison to FSone the 3D physics are just outstanding.
Phoenix is still the best for Heli/3D but for fixedwing FSone Rules! I would also like to mention there customer service was excellent.
I had a problem with my USB adapter and Michael was very fast with his response and was happy to send me another free of charge to the UK.
Michael I am loving FSoneV2 keep up the good work and them updates

Regards.
Thanks. We're listening and working on the next update!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:15 PM
USA, OR, Oregon City
Joined Sep 2004
78 Posts
Slick?

Michael,
Can we expect to see a Slick in the next update?

Thanks,
Dano

Quote:
Thanks. We're listening and working on the next update!
dano02vfr is offline Find More Posts by dano02vfr
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:24 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano02vfr View Post
Michael,
Can we expect to see a Slick in the next update?

Thanks,
Dano
3DHS Slick -- we're looking at it, but not in this next update.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:10 PM
RC Student
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
Quote:
3DHS Slick -- we're looking at it, but not in this next update.
That would be awesome! The 3dhs planes fly so nice.. I've got 4 now.. Including a 42" slick. I'd love to practice on the sim and then fly the real deal back to back.. It'd be awesome if you could put the slick in there with the main sizes that 3dhs offers.. 42", 51", 59", 71", 89" etc.. Just sayin..
Trapviper is offline Find More Posts by Trapviper
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:02 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
+1 I would love to see a 3DHS Slick !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:04 PM
jv8
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jan 2010
139 Posts
For you 3DHS fans... Which FSONE plane do you fly? Have you edited any of the FSONE planes?

I'm a 3D newbie (can hover & upright harrier but no rolling/etc). I fly a couple of foamies: 3DHS 33" EPP Extra and a larger Telink SU-29. I also have a balsa 3DHS 41" Edge.

I'm finding the FSONE planes significantly harder to 3D than my real life fleet.

Any suggestions on where to start?
jv8 is offline Find More Posts by jv8
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:52 PM
RC Student
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
I had to play alot with the weight and cg in the sim to get the 3d planes to fly the way I wanted, or was used to from real life, but eventually I did get a couple pretty close. I'll have to go back and see which ones it was and what I did to them. Been a while since I've been on the sim because my computer fried, and I just finally got a new one.
Trapviper is offline Find More Posts by Trapviper
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:44 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
499 Posts
I will second that and add -- Cg, weight, expo settings and control throws for the different flight modes are the biggies to look at.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 01:12 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
What can we expect in the next update Michael ? Any new models ?

Regards...
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:10 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris.... View Post
What can we expect in the next update Michael ? Any new models ?

Regards...
Hopefully pretty soon. Looks like a warbird.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 02:07 PM
Launch high, go long
Boise, ID
Joined Sep 2006
317 Posts
Software in transit. I'm a glider flyer. Learned on foamy e-gliders but have been flying DLG for some time. Has anyone 'designed' a competition quality DLG for FS One? I saw in the thread that a string launch Bubble Dancer was being modelled. I'd be interested in doing a DLG. Crashing one on the simulator will certainly be cheaper than at the field.

I also want the simulator to help with the transition to 2 and 3 meter full-house electric gliders which I will be flying as soon as I get the builds done. I've also started to fly an electric sport plane (Advance 25e) and want the simulator to help improve my take-off and landing success ratios.

Mike
LostVisual is offline Find More Posts by LostVisual
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:32 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostVisual View Post
Software in transit. I'm a glider flyer. Learned on foamy e-gliders but have been flying DLG for some time. Has anyone 'designed' a competition quality DLG for FS One? I saw in the thread that a string launch Bubble Dancer was being modelled. I'd be interested in doing a DLG. Crashing one on the simulator will certainly be cheaper than at the field.

I also want the simulator to help with the transition to 2 and 3 meter full-house electric gliders which I will be flying as soon as I get the builds done. I've also started to fly an electric sport plane (Advance 25e) and want the simulator to help improve my take-off and landing success ratios.

Mike
Yes, we are interested in DLG models for the sim (have none so far).
We have info on the DLG ELF and large MAXA directly from Vladimir's Model.
Do you have experience making 3D graphics models?
We've put some details of the model spec online here:
http://www.fsone.com/modelSpec.php
Ok ... back to that warbird for now.