Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:23 AM
Western North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
140 Posts
Do you plan on supporting Multiplex transmitters? I have an Evo9.
Thanks,
Staggerwing1 is offline Find More Posts by Staggerwing1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2011, 07:19 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerwing1 View Post
Do you plan on supporting Multiplex transmitters? I have an Evo9.
Thanks,
Yes, we are trying to get some in stock. It could take a month.
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Oct 02, 2011, 08:18 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
The dx7se does not have a trainer connection so it can not be used with a simulator unless you get one of the receiver to PPM devices. Problem with the receiver to PPM devices is the delay that can stack up depending on your system. A dx7se through one of these receiver to PPM devices might work very well.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Oct 02, 2011, 08:33 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Might need to build a TacCon to servo pin adapter for XPS systems:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1509192
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:07 PM
Joined Oct 2008
51 Posts
I had a recent odd experience with a Stryker - someone bought one to use as a trainer and I had to train him. Obviously, I trimmed it for as slow a flight as I could get away with (which wasn't slow enough, by the way).

What flying it around for half an hour at very slow speed taught me was that the Stryker simulation doesn't feel quite right slow-speed versus high speed. I made two changes - elevator trim offset = -1 and down thrust = -0.25. This made the simulation feel more like the one I flew, which was also the first one I've flown straight out of the box without previous damage.
Lee Jay is offline Find More Posts by Lee Jay
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:12 AM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Let me guess... little to no wind, stock motor+prop+battery, brand new battery?
Slow "mushing" at a near-stall will induce some spanwise flow on a delta wing without leading-edge fences, like the Stryker is.
Did the sim feel more stall-ish than the airplane under these conditions?
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:17 AM
RC Student
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
I just got a new computer and I'm getting ready to re-install FSone V2 but I had a couple quick questions. I also recently switched from a dx5e to a dx8.. Can I use the same cable? Second, when I install it again and go to the website for updates, am I going to have any issues with getting the update to work since I won't have any of the other updates that have come out since the sim was released?

Chas
Trapviper is offline Find More Posts by Trapviper
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:19 AM
Joined Oct 2008
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camilleg View Post
Let me guess... little to no wind, stock motor+prop+battery, brand new battery?
Slow "mushing" at a near-stall will induce some spanwise flow on a delta wing without leading-edge fences, like the Stryker is.
Did the sim feel more stall-ish than the airplane under these conditions?
I didn't let it get slow enough to mush. That would have been even more unacceptable to a newbie than flying too fast was.

The sim felt LESS stall-ish than the real airplane. Neither felt like they wanted to stall when trimmed the same, but the real one wanted to tip stall a little more than the sim, and the real one was faster on the roll rates even with dual-rates set down to about half.

Mostly what I noticed was that the sim changes elevator trim a lot more between low throttle and high throttle than the real plane did. That's why the change of motor incidence and the resulting elevator trim change. Otherwise, it flies pretty realistically now with the higher drag.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:47 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
498 Posts
Cables and Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapviper View Post
I just got a new computer and I'm getting ready to re-install FSone V2 but I had a couple quick questions. I also recently switched from a dx5e to a dx8.. Can I use the same cable? Second, when I install it again and go to the website for updates, am I going to have any issues with getting the update to work since I won't have any of the other updates that have come out since the sim was released?

Chas
Yes, the DX5e cable will work w/ DX8.
Each update includes all prior updates, so you don't need past updates.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 12:48 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
I just want to congratulate MSelig and the team...

I have had FSoneV2 for a few months now, and it is the best sim for fixedwing
I know this is a bold statement, but the plane physics in FSone blow the other sims out the water imo
I also own RealFlight/Phoenix /Aerofly and Reflex XTR they all feel a little wooden and unreal in comparison to FSone the 3D physics are just outstanding.
Phoenix is still the best for Heli/3D but for fixedwing FSone Rules! I would also like to mention there customer service was excellent.
I had a problem with my USB adapter and Michael was very fast with his response and was happy to send me another free of charge to the UK.
Michael I am loving FSoneV2 keep up the good work and them updates

Regards.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Oct 07, 2011, 08:59 PM
Joined Oct 2008
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Jay View Post
First, on the Ultimate, I should have used my head and tried the other ones. Here's the odd thing. Only the 33% flies weird to me - tip stalling too easy, yet snapping too softly. The others all fly as I'd expect (well, except the full-scale but what the heck would I know about that?).
I think I just figured this out by accident. What's the funky elevator-aileron mixing that's connected to the gear switch called? That's the trigger for this odd behavior. Having no retracts, the gear switch was probably just left in whatever the previous state was and I paid no attention to it.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:44 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,616 Posts
I just realised that there is the capability for flying with another on the same computer.
I guess this means there is no online play feature?
Mike.
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 19 years with this girl!
Old Oct 08, 2011, 01:20 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorski View Post
I just realised that there is the capability for flying with another on the same computer.
I guess this means there is no online play feature?
Mike.
Right. It does split screen so two people can fly at the same time.
No online multiplayer.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 01:27 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
498 Posts
Elevator-aileron mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Jay View Post
I think I just figured this out by accident. What's the funky elevator-aileron mixing that's connected to the gear switch called? That's the trigger for this odd behavior. Having no retracts, the gear switch was probably just left in whatever the previous state was and I paid no attention to it.
Mike McConville's Ultimate bip has this mix tied to the gear switch (in real so we put it in the sim). I've not seen this kind of mix before. But when turned on w/ switch, it makes the airplane very stable in high alpha harrier model (both inverted and upright).

I can definitely understand how weird this would be if you did not know that it was on! But it's pretty apparent (easy to see) up close because the mix is so large and there are four big ailerons flapping around w/ elevator stick.

I think the mix is only good to turn on in harriers. In hover, the mix is not useful.

I'm curious if anyone in the thread here knows more about this type of mix -- how common is it?
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:25 AM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Lee, thanks for elaborating on the Stryker's trim setting. We're looking into the discrepancy.
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg